GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s tipping it down outside but I’m going for a walk up the quarry with my beloved hounds to collect my thoughts. It was the verdict I expected but still trying to digest it.

Words fail me with the management at this hospital and they should be held accountable.

Thinking out loud here, with the attempted charges, would she receive a fair trial now if there were to be another trial given all that is known about the guilty verdicts and no doubt the notoriety she'll now gain.

I'm so curious as to what their family relationship was like... they seem very devoted to her, but have they coddled and enabled her for her whole life? I wonder if we will hear any stories about her childhood and odd behaviour.

That the mum would do something so nonsensical.... WHY?! Did she already suspect and herself feel guilty for "creating a monster" subconsciously?
I’ve been wondering about this too.

I’ve got to admit, I just read her mum cried to police saying “ I did it, it was me, arrest me instead” to try and protect her daughter. That broke my heart
It just sickens me IMO it suggests that LL hasn’t been held accountable for anything in her life and now there isn’t a choice for her to avoid consequences.
MOO

Was it all majority verdicts? We’re any unanimous?

I still can’t believe they reached some verdicts 10 days ago and the media wasn’t allowed to report on any of it

Reactions: IDK
I guess I just can't fathom wanting to throw yourself under the bus for your child when they're a serial killer of newborn babies. If any of my kids did that, I'm afraid while a sliver of parental love would remain, they'd definitely not have my support. I would not help them. I would do everything in my power to make sure they fulfilled all legal obligations and turned themselves in and served their time. And I would mourn whatever I did wrong for them to turn out that way, and the opportunities I'd missed to get them the help they needed.

Much more recently,

Letby refused to return to court to hear the later verdicts but at an earlier verdict hearing had bowed her head and sobbed while her mother, Susan, cried loudly and said: “You cannot be serious. This cannot be right.”

She needs to acknowledge that she's guilty and the harm done by her daughter to her victims before I'll feel sorry for her at all. I don't care if that means I'm mean or whatever, I just can't feel sympathy for anyone but the babies and their families.
Neil Entwistle, a British man who shot dead his wife and baby daughter in their new home in Massachusetts, claimed at trial that his wife had killed herself (and their child), although all evidence pointed to him and he was rightly convicted. After his trial, his parents, to whose home back in England he had ran after the murders, appeared on the court steps to declare they remained convinced Neil’s wife was the true perpetrator of the crimes. The mother’s tone, manner, attitude, inability to accept reality, and clear approach of thinking the sun shone out of Neil’s murderous backside, gave me something of an idea why her son had turned out the way he had.

I bear this in mind when other murderers’ families reactions are publicised.

I hope a whole life sentence would be some level of comfort to all of the families. She must receive that sentence under modern sentencing guidelines IMO.
She definitely will do. I can't see any alternative unless th
Yes but it will be a cost/benefit scenario and I can't see it being agreed
They tried Wayne Couzens on a charge of indecent exposure after he'd been given a whole life order which struck me as a massive waste of time and money.

I'm still waiting to hear what else is going to come out.

I have a feeling that there is still something absolutely massive to come out about her - something previous in her life.
Can anyone help me to understand something…? I keep seeing/reading things to the effect of “it’s all going to come out now that she’s been found guilty”. Why did things not come out before? I’ve been reading that her colleagues have started sharing that they have had experiences with her in the past that they can now disclose. Why were they not able to share these things before?

I’m in the US so not sure if it’s just in the UK that things work this way, or if I’m just totally clueless!! If LL was found not guilty, would her colleagues never have been able to share their stories about their experiences with her? I just don’t get it!

Thanks in advance!

I don't think we have downvotes here haha, but don't worry, I agree. I don't feel sorry for her parents whatsoever.

(eta: I agree with Rusty Braincells, I'd feel sorry for them if they acknowledged her guilt and expressed empathy with the parents of the babies their daughter murdered)
Well, tbf l, they haven't had an opportunity to do so thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics