GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been away from the case for a few days but unsurprisingly those questioning her guilt are starting to become a bit more vocal on social media. The poor parents of the young victims will probably have to go through this all again when no doubt her legal team make numerous appeals over the coming years.

Even if she wanted to confess I assume her legal team, parents and friends will tell her to keep stumm.

Not really. Her pension money doesn't actually exist except on paper. There is no actual fund for NHS pensions, anymore than there is for state pensions. Its all paid for out of current taxation.

It's paid out of contributions from existing current members.

Either way however the administration at the time when she could claim it hopefully she will not ...a saving

"Lucy Letby's friends who REFUSE to believe she is guilty: Childhood pal incredibly insists the evil killer nurse's inner circle are 'standing by her'"

"Lucy Letby's friends who REFUSE to believe she is guilty: Childhood pal incredibly insists the evil killer nurse's inner circle are 'standing by her'"

Must be very difficult to come to terms with if your friend is a serial killer.
I wonder how much time they had spent together in the latter years (6 ish) she had lived in chester

I’ve been away from the case for a few days but unsurprisingly those questioning her guilt are starting to become a bit more vocal on social media. The poor parents of the young victims will probably have to go through this all again when no doubt her legal team make numerous appeals over the coming years.

Even if she wanted to confess I assume her legal team, parents and friends will tell her to keep stumm.

We knew this would happen. We have followed this trial for 10 months and have heard both sides of the coin so to speak.

The case is only just becoming common knowledge to those who don’t follow trials and criminal cases. There are multiple articles from every media source coming out daily. The wider public are now grappling as many here at WS did months ago with desperately not wanting to believe that anyone could be so evil, it is so unfathomable that someone trusted to care, someone who at first glance looks so innocent and kind could betray and deceive so many people and really be a serial killer of tiny defenceless babies.

As the documentaries spill onto our screens over the next year or so. There will undoubtedly be a ‘faking it special’ where experts will dissect LL’s police interviews too. It will become undeniable that she is a master manipulator and people will be forced to accept the horror that she did do this. That we can’t really trust anyone in this life.

I expect these cries of innocence from people who haven’t really followed the case to go on for a few months, until a Netflix or other documentary is released that really lays out the facts. When they have LL portrayed by someone like Joanne Froggatt who looks so unassuming and people can watch this entire nightmare acted out, and see how it may have taken place. People find it easier to believe things by seeing them versus hearing about them. Once people have seen a true crime drama series (probably a 6 parter) that will shoot into the ‘Netflix top 10’ - opinions will change IMO anyway.

Lucy Letby's childhood friend maintains baby killer nurse is innocent and claims police scapegoated her

Just the one friend at the moment in repeated articles...I wonder if any more willing to come forward

There is a large and growing number of people that believe that the convictions were unsafe.

None of which were in court every day like the jurors with access to all the information and witnesses on the stand

These people are best leaving it to the professionals.

I'm sure her parents will be jumping through hoops as we speak to try and get an appeal ...

None of which were in court every day like the jurors with access to all the information and witnesses on the stand

These people are best leaving it to the professionals.

I'm sure her parents will be jumping through hoops as we speak to try and get an appeal ...
They key question is what will be the grounds for appeal? What will they be looking at to get a retrial?

Has this been shared yet? Another criminal psychologist gives his insight into LL. I found his insight very interesting but it doesn't necessarily mean he is correct. JMO. He really simplifies it. Makes me wonder how many others lacking empathy are out there with a perfect mask on their faces. MOO

They key question is what will be the grounds for appeal? What will they be looking at to get a retrial?

No idea to be honest ..I'm a sure as I can be from my position her conviction is secure. I'm sure if there is anything her parents will seek to find it.

The jurors length of deliberation and finding some cases NG and other hung tell me the jury did a great Job ...it would have been so easy to throw the book at her for all counts once they had a few guilty verdicts...but no they examined every one in depth.

That gives me every confidence in her guty verdicts

Some won’t be convinced unless there was filmed evidence of her killing these poor little infants. Even then they’ll still say it’s a stitch up.

This is why UK social media needs their own version of USA's ' Lawtube'
( Basically, US lawyers who break down legal processes, basic principles and evidence in big US criminal trials via Youtube. )

The newer 'true crime' community often doesn't have the tools to understand. Having read so many Mail articles this past week, I can see it in the comments posted under the articles. There's stock-in-phrase comments such as ' but it was only circumstantial evidence.'
UK lawyers should grasp the nettle. (retired?) These kinds of Law101 live streams/ Youtube videos don't need to be cheesy or grifting. ( If I'm following a US case, I use some of them to understand proceedings and state law)

On top of that yes, there's a ton of run-of-the-mill ' It's a conspiracy' posters in the Mail's comments. All the classic features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971