GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

@iamshadow21 - I'm using Chrome as my browser and I've not had a problem accessing BBC1 (i.e., Panorama) since adding the Extension for my VPN. This applies whether I'm viewing BBC1 from UK and also outside of UK. It's long been like this for me when using Player1 on my computer. Hope my experience might be of help to you.

@iamshadow21 - I'm using Chrome as my browser and I've not had a problem accessing BBC1 (i.e., Panorama) since adding the Extension for my VPN. This applies whether I'm viewing BBC1 from UK and also outside of UK. It's long been like this for me when using Player1 on my computer. Hope my experience might be of help to you.
Thank you! Another member found me a place I could watch it, and I just finished. Thank you for thinking of me! <3

''Aug 21, 2023 #lucyletby #skynews #manchestercrowncourt
Statements from the families of the victims of Lucy Letby contain distressing detail about what the nurse had done and its devastating impact on them. Letby will die in prison after being handed 14 whole-life orders for murdering seven babies and attempting to murder six others. Anyone feeling emotionally distressed or suicidal can call Samaritans for help on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org in the UK.''

glad to see these 'whole life sentences'
UK certainly gets it right in protecting the identification of the victims and their families
and in sentencing the worst of the worst
the judge and the jury did well
sympathy to the moms and dads and siblings and grandparents of the sweet babies
I feel terrible for the victims who have not or will not receive justice because I have no doubt there are many she has not been caught at or charged with hurting

BABY G - FULL VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT

A statement was read to the court from Child G's father, who said their daughter was the result of IVF, which had cost the family great expense abroad, with the parents initially fearing she had miscarried early on.

Child G was left disabled following the attacks - she is registered blind, nil by mouth (and is fed via a tube), and has progressive scoliosis which has caused her spine to curve.

It left her parents "afraid" and, as a result, they have not had any more children, and have not returned to use the remaining embryos left in an IVF clinic overseas.

"We were afraid of having another disabled baby," he says in his statement.

Her mother finds it difficult to trust people who work in hospitals, but they need nurses to visit them every week to help support them.

He says: "What if Child G outlives us? Who will then care for her?

"Everything feels like a constant battle just to have the essential things that Child G needs during her daily life."

He says his daughter will "never have a sleepover with a best friend, or go to high school and graduate. She will never have a first kiss, a boyfriend, or get married.

"She will always be in her chair."

Awful.
To me, prison is not true justice. Not enough.

Post in thread 'UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32' GUILTY - UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

I would also like to know if Lucy was the only surviving twin?

I know the chance is slim. It is even possible that she targeted twins or triplets out of perverted "mercy"; I wouldn't put it past her to "leave" one child to parents. Or perhaps, there simply were statistically
many twins in NICU. However, I can't stop wondering if LL had a twin who had died, and she was explained by parents that she had to live her life for herself and for that twin now.

If I am perfectly honest I am not buying this “ difficult birth “ story, yes it may well be true but if it was a pile of codswallop ( means rubbish @Dotta ! ) and said purely for dramatic effect to drive a narrative then that sounds more likely to me.
She wants all eyes on her with the pity party.

I agree that it's likely codswallop. Do you know anyone that has any memories or knowledge about the 'heroic' nurses who were there when they were born? I call BS on that story.

I think it was just gaslighting by her---a story to tell her friends describing about how heroic she is.
As for the statutory v non statutory public enquiry it absolutely needs to be a statutory enquiry.
Witnesses need to be compelled to attend and documents need to be produced and if that means forced through legal channels then so be it. The argument that it would be “quicker” for a NSE is nonsensical and in reality NSE can be dragged out years if there is something to hide and they often are. This case absolutely HAS to be the turning point and if anything good can ever come from this then it must never be allowed to happen again.

I totally agree. This has to be course corrected NOW. It cannot be dragged out and watered down in the usual bureaucratic way that ALL nations tend to fall into.
Letby will be in isolation for a good while at her lovely new home, plenty of time to ruminate on the VIS and the judges sentencing remarks …. If she actually bothers to read them that is. The jury is out on that one but my guess is she won’t.
JMO
I don't think she will read them either.

I imagine it's going to be a lonely rest of her life. I cannot imagine her ever being safe in the general population. Most of the women she'll be in with will be mothers themselves.

If she is... well, male prisons may tend towards more outright violence, but sustained campaigns of pure viciousness are an all female speciality. May she live a long long long life.

I imagine it's going to be a lonely rest of her life. I cannot imagine her ever being safe in the general population. Most of the women she'll be in with will be mothers themselves.

If she is... well, male prisons may tend towards more outright violence, but sustained campaigns of pure viciousness are an all female speciality. May she live a long long long life.
Prisoners are generally safe in UK prisons and if they are attacked it's usually not because of their crimes. Lucy will be safe inside.

Convicted murderers should be compelled to listen to the impact statements of their victims‘ families. Those statements from the babies’ families are so raw and painful and powerful.

There is also some difference in the way US courts have handled requiring convicted criminals to be present for victim impact statements and sentencing. Jeffrey Willis, convicted in the state of Michigan of the murders of Jessica Heeringa and Rebekah Bletsch, refused to attend his sentencing as was his legal right. To make sure he listened to the family statements, his transport to prison included hours of the recorded statements and sentencing played during his ride into his prison incarceration.

This is what LL should be subject to.

Given how she looked up the parents social media and kept hundreds of handover sheets I'm not convinced she won't enjoy reading those transcripts. She'll keep them as trophies. I think she didn't go just as an 'f you' to the families, but I'm sure she'll be quite happy to read about how pained they are. Its what she wanted.

Given how she looked up the parents social media and kept hundreds of handover sheets I'm not convinced she won't enjoy reading those transcripts. She'll keep them as trophies. I think she didn't go just as an 'f you' to the families, but I'm sure she'll be quite happy to read about how pained they are. Its what she wanted.

oh God!
I had the same thoughts.
I tried to bury them.
I am afraid she will 'feed' off them and they have been more damaged than we will ever know already.

Not only will she not read them but she'd do it all again in a heartbeat if she got half a chance. I'm concerned lest pregnant prisoners are in the same jail and it has a facility for deliveries.. She just has to play sweet until she figgers who she can manipulate and then... look out.

she felt nothing at all, except self pity and unrequited love pity.

I'm not even going to bother myself further with thoughts of what it is that made her tick.
It's not important but tick she did is and likely always will be- ticking - to her own tunes.
Fairy Sparkles , in her own mind... ballerina of death.

She knew the sentence for her crimes would be LWOP , she has known it for some time.
But her sense of entitlement prevented her hearing it straight from the judge, the heroine of her own death sparkle world.
She did not even respect the justice system when she took so many pains to lie to it.

It's vital that those who enabled her are prosecuted too.

And even if that happens, will lessons really be learned?

I'm still horrified that she was allowed to run as long as she did with virtually zero oversight.

I'm pretty sure she will be kept away from the general population, for a long time at least. She's certainly not going to be left to roam free near any of the maternity facilities!

Post in thread 'UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32' GUILTY - UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

I would also like to know if Lucy was the only surviving twin?

I know the chance is slim. It is even possible that she targeted twins or triplets out of perverted "mercy"; I wouldn't put it past her to "leave" one child to parents. Or perhaps, there simply were statistically
many twins in NICU. However, I can't stop wondering if LL had a twin who had died, and she was explained by parents that she had to live her life for herself and for that twin now.
Anything is possible but there's no source for the twin thing and I tend to agree with other WS-ers, that attacking twins & triplets was a sick challenge & extra excitement for her.
WS-er IAmShadow(?) made the interesting point about creating maximum drama almost like a hospital drama. ( Following on from her post, I noticed that two previously convicted nurse serial murderers were - according to trial records - likely inspired by dramatic Holby City storylines & other shows they'd recently watched)

Not having followed the case or trial from the outset IDK the timeline for twins & triplets but it might also be worth considering? that serial murderers often escalate (t is believed they escalate to achieve the 'high' they crave)

The info re LL's purported ' difficult birth' came from her staunch supporter and old friend D on Panorama.
As other WS members have noted, this claim - significantly - wasn't included in her backstory at trial.

In the same interview D also claimed that LL's owning two rescue cats was further corroboration that she didn't have the capacity to harm the vulnerable (In reality plenty of psychopaths have empathy for pets but zero mercy for their human victims)

Contrary to D's comments on how ' gentle, soft, kind' LL is, I think LL was able to completely dehumanise both babies & their parents ( especially the babies because she's seems not to have met many of the parents before attacking or killing their babies.)

We have stark evidence about how, even during routine tasks, LL was not the caring, diligent professional she claimed to be.
The mask slips. eg Child N's feed. She's so busy texting with her friend ( 41 texts) that she cannot be bothered to feed the child properly & Johnson KC says, instead of using two hands to gradually administer the feed over the 20 mins required, she just ' pushes it in.

This baby was haemophiliac.

details of the texting/feeding in this post at the 12.57 timestamp : UK - Lucy Letby Trial - Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*
If you follow the rest of the posts on the same page, you can read of the later attacks on this baby

'Trust me, I'm a nurse'
Nurse meaning Licence To Kill.
I wonder how she behaved around small animals when she was tiny, or whether anybody noticed?
I think these newborns were her ' small animal torture' phase. Late starter and only human beings.
I hope she suffers and that she rots
( & I don't tend to say that on WS about murderers/cases I've followed. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member