GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It says in the BBC article "a minimum" of 23 years. So could they add time to that? Under which circumstances? Will there be a review of the case/his person in 23 years or what does "a minimum" mean?

I can't help but think of his ex wife and children sometimes. How is she coping? What do you tell your little ones where daddy is? He destroyed so many hearts. Whatever got into him that day? Like he was possessed.
He won't be eligible for parole until he's served at least 23 years. If after 23 years he's behaved well in jail then he may be considered for release.

Yes, I too think of his family, he seemed like a great Dad and very close to his older child, it must be especially hard on her ...

I still feel that there's something that we don't know that caused what happened that day, we'll almost certainly never know what but, there was definitely something.

There is a trashy little gossip magazine called the Digger in Glasgow. It mainly reports on gangsters. It had several articles about this case and what was going on before the murder. I don't consider it msm though.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

There is a trashy little gossip magazine called the Digger in Glasgow. It mainly reports on gangsters. It had several articles about this case and what was going on before the murder. I don't consider it msm though.

What was going on before the murder?

Not posting it here because I really think it doesn't qualify as msm, it's a sordid little crime rag. But if you go on the Diggers Facebook page and scroll down you can see their posts of their front pages and there are some headlines about Paige on a few of them.

Call me callous, which I'm not just how I feel right now.

Irrelevant of a show of remorse or a guilty plea. It's not shoplifting it's murder, and an incredibly violent one at that. 85 stab wounds. 85!!! He destroyed her.

He shouldn't ever see the light of day again. 27 years is pathetic, never mind 23.

Totally agree Skibs. A pity Scotland does not have whole of life, he would be a perfect candidate.

I read her mother's post on FB regarding the injuries...half her head smashed in...this was no spur of the moment, out of control, attack.

It says in the BBC article "a minimum" of 23 years. So could they add time to that? Under which circumstances? Will there be a review of the case/his person in 23 years or what does "a minimum" mean?

I can't help but think of his ex wife and children sometimes. How is she coping? What do you tell your little ones where daddy is? He destroyed so many hearts. Whatever got into him that day? Like he was possessed.

the older child will be with her mother ....the younger child and his wife have gone back home.

Just came across this thread and absolutely disgusted at the speculation and rumours carried over on it. I will set a few facts straight so u all have ur bit of gossip, on a wee girl none of you even knew but think can pass comment on her lifestyle.

1. Paige has always lived with me i was a single parent who brought paige up on my own, we were both born in the bishopbriggs area. Paige never attended Turnbull high school no matter what she had on her facebook page, she never had a fulltime job either she attended a school in clydebank, whilst having a job placemnet in both a kids school and a hairdressers where my cousins girlfriend works. She knows the area very well as has friends in bishopbriggs and kirkintilloch. She also knew the route very well and as much as we werent keen on the early mornings of her going to her job she loved it and not many 15 year olds would get up and actually go to work. However she was wanting to be a doctor not a hairdresser. She was a very responsible young girl, mature and head screwed on, never hang about streets drinking was more a family person who spent alot of time with myself and her siblings as well as her grans her cousins and friends. She wasnt more independent or had more leeway to grow up faster. She had a very close bond with myself and husband.

2. We hadnt recently moved to whitecrook. We lived here since paige was 9 years old. i met my husband when paige was 5. my husband has lived here along with all his family his whole life, however john leathem was not long moved into the area, he was from a different part of glasgow.

3. Paige was not connected to her killer thorugh myself her mother, we never even knew his first name until after he wa arrested, we knew him as the man in the roll shop. we werent even aware he stayed two streets from us, that is how well any of us knew him.. The relationship went as far as shopkeeper and customer. I was in shop most days getting breakfast, paige went most days as he gran stayed round corner n grandad across road, loads of people do this on a daily basis there is nothing untoward about this. Paige wasnt looking for another job, i never once told mr leathem this, yes in talking he would say oh wee paige was in last week i cant believe she gets up n goes to work etc. i have however said oh i know its not ideal away over there but hses happy and she knows loads people on route so we trust her enough to be sensible. so his theory about wanting a job is lies.

3. Paige wasnt in any relationship whatsoever, i asked police to investigate this at time of rumour, which by the way never became until after leathem was arrested ( had it been happening surely when it was last place she was seen someone would have raised alarm bells, its a small community n everyone knows everyone, my husbands family are very well known in the area) the police came back and said there has never been any contact via any social media route email phone call or text message, no hanging around the shop for lengths of time that you would expect, and why then would he charge for her roll, which the police btw got receipt for her purchase that morning? Paige was not pregnant either, post mortem would have revealed this, there was no sexual attack on paige whatsoever.

4. Leathem did change his tyres, he also put paiges body in a spot where his family member frequently sits and drinks alcohol, paige never went near that area to hang around, we always knew paiges whereabouts. Yes shes went to a friends house n tried say oh im staying out, but what doesnt get reported that as her mother i always sent policce to collect her n bring her home, because she was a child and children dont dictate to parents what they will and will not be doing. and what they also dont say is that paige would always mail me if she was thinking she was staying out with no permission. She wasnt the type to allow people to worry at all. so when police say she has went missing before, its because i have foned them to collect her from somewhere, 3 times her whole teenage years.

5.Paige wasnt collecting wages on the saturday she was going to her saturday job, yes she was paid on a saturday, the point that was missed was that when it was discovered that paige hadnt turned up at work we all said right away no chance would she do that, she didnt let people down and she would have wanted her wages as she always bought herslef her siblings and me a wee treat on a sat night, we always said not to, but thats just the type of person she was. papers miss out the facts an awful lot.

6. For the person who said if she hadnt turned up at work why was it not reported until 8pm. We werent aware at that time she hadnt shown up to work, i had spoke with her friend at 6 oclock on the phone who was concerned she hadnt heard from her. I also knew i hadnt received my usual texts but i put it down to forgetting her charger as stayed out the night before. I had a lecture speech prepared for her getting in. So its not that we just didnt bother, we just were unaware, i had been over in bishopbriggs in dance class with my other daughter that day and was on bus home when spoke with her friend then boyfriend then contacted her employer, as soon as she confirmed paige wasnt there i went straight on the phone to police, i do ot take chances with my kids wellbeing.

7. As for mr leathem having no previous, it is debateable, again not found out til after his arrest. we also never knew anyhting of his twin brother or his past and paige certainly never knew of that, to try n use against him.

8. The home of the wife and kids werent vandalised, they werent forced to flee in anyway, the night leathem was arrested, his home became a forensic crime scene and the family removed. They never returned so again papers taking nonsense.

9. The shop doesnt have back access, the bins are out the front. He pulled shutters down because of the big shop front, he killed her in a tiny room in the back that had fridges and drinks unit in, it could barely have space for 3 people to stand in, theres no way she was in filling paperwork out on a roll bag, she wasnt silly she would have said aw theres space at the table acrosss the window i will sit here and you can serve your customers. she wouldnt ever try and ruin someones life with lies, it wasnt in her nature.

6. Her injuries were stabs and incisive wounds no slashes to the throat as such but the injuries were probably 4-500 in total, they were uncountable on her neck. 3 seperate weapons were used not one.

Its bad enough losing your little girl who was your best friend to such a brutal crime, and to fihgt every day for justice for her and others, ut to come on and read peoples accounts of what might be is a absolute joke. lets hope none of u face what our family have as i guarantee its not easy to be standing a year down the line strong for your family.

Paige was the nicest, quietest, friendly helpful, responsible mature wee girl you could meet. She never put herself in vulnerable situations ever.

i hope this helps answer all the questions in your murder she wrote episode.

Just came across this thread and absolutely disgusted at the speculation and rumours carried over on it. I will set a few facts straight so u all have ur bit of gossip, on a wee girl none of you even knew but think can pass comment on her lifestyle.

1. Paige has always lived with me i was a single parent who brought paige up on my own, we were both born in the bishopbriggs area. Paige never attended Turnbull high school no matter what she had on her facebook page, she never had a fulltime job either she attended a school in clydebank, whilst having a job placemnet in both a kids school and a hairdressers where my cousins girlfriend works. She knows the area very well as has friends in bishopbriggs and kirkintilloch. She also knew the route very well and as much as we werent keen on the early mornings of her going to her job she loved it and not many 15 year olds would get up and actually go to work. However she was wanting to be a doctor not a hairdresser. She was a very responsible young girl, mature and head screwed on, never hang about streets drinking was more a family person who spent alot of time with myself and her siblings as well as her grans her cousins and friends. She wasnt more independent or had more leeway to grow up faster. She had a very close bond with myself and husband.

2. We hadnt recently moved to whitecrook. We lived here since paige was 9 years old. i met my husband when paige was 5. my husband has lived here along with all his family his whole life, however john leathem was not long moved into the area, he was from a different part of glasgow.

3. Paige was not connected to her killer thorugh myself her mother, we never even knew his first name until after he wa arrested, we knew him as the man in the roll shop. we werent even aware he stayed two streets from us, that is how well any of us knew him.. The relationship went as far as shopkeeper and customer. I was in shop most days getting breakfast, paige went most days as he gran stayed round corner n grandad across road, loads of people do this on a daily basis there is nothing untoward about this. Paige wasnt looking for another job, i never once told mr leathem this, yes in talking he would say oh wee paige was in last week i cant believe she gets up n goes to work etc. i have however said oh i know its not ideal away over there but hses happy and she knows loads people on route so we trust her enough to be sensible. so his theory about wanting a job is lies.

3. Paige wasnt in any relationship whatsoever, i asked police to investigate this at time of rumour, which by the way never became until after leathem was arrested ( had it been happening surely when it was last place she was seen someone would have raised alarm bells, its a small community n everyone knows everyone, my husbands family are very well known in the area) the police came back and said there has never been any contact via any social media route email phone call or text message, no hanging around the shop for lengths of time that you would expect, and why then would he charge for her roll, which the police btw got receipt for her purchase that morning? Paige was not pregnant either, post mortem would have revealed this, there was no sexual attack on paige whatsoever.

4. Leathem did change his tyres, he also put paiges body in a spot where his family member frequently sits and drinks alcohol, paige never went near that area to hang around, we always knew paiges whereabouts. Yes shes went to a friends house n tried say oh im staying out, but what doesnt get reported that as her mother i always sent policce to collect her n bring her home, because she was a child and children dont dictate to parents what they will and will not be doing. and what they also dont say is that paige would always mail me if she was thinking she was staying out with no permission. She wasnt the type to allow people to worry at all. so when police say she has went missing before, its because i have foned them to collect her from somewhere, 3 times her whole teenage years.

5.Paige wasnt collecting wages on the saturday she was going to her saturday job, yes she was paid on a saturday, the point that was missed was that when it was discovered that paige hadnt turned up at work we all said right away no chance would she do that, she didnt let people down and she would have wanted her wages as she always bought herslef her siblings and me a wee treat on a sat night, we always said not to, but thats just the type of person she was. papers miss out the facts an awful lot.

6. For the person who said if she hadnt turned up at work why was it not reported until 8pm. We werent aware at that time she hadnt shown up to work, i had spoke with her friend at 6 oclock on the phone who was concerned she hadnt heard from her. I also knew i hadnt received my usual texts but i put it down to forgetting her charger as stayed out the night before. I had a lecture speech prepared for her getting in. So its not that we just didnt bother, we just were unaware, i had been over in bishopbriggs in dance class with my other daughter that day and was on bus home when spoke with her friend then boyfriend then contacted her employer, as soon as she confirmed paige wasnt there i went straight on the phone to police, i do ot take chances with my kids wellbeing.

7. As for mr leathem having no previous, it is debateable, again not found out til after his arrest. we also never knew anyhting of his twin brother or his past and paige certainly never knew of that, to try n use against him.

8. The home of the wife and kids werent vandalised, they werent forced to flee in anyway, the night leathem was arrested, his home became a forensic crime scene and the family removed. They never returned so again papers taking nonsense.

9. The shop doesnt have back access, the bins are out the front. He pulled shutters down because of the big shop front, he killed her in a tiny room in the back that had fridges and drinks unit in, it could barely have space for 3 people to stand in, theres no way she was in filling paperwork out on a roll bag, she wasnt silly she would have said aw theres space at the table acrosss the window i will sit here and you can serve your customers. she wouldnt ever try and ruin someones life with lies, it wasnt in her nature.

6. Her injuries were stabs and incisive wounds no slashes to the throat as such but the injuries were probably 4-500 in total, they were uncountable on her neck. 3 seperate weapons were used not one.

Its bad enough losing your little girl who was your best friend to such a brutal crime, and to fihgt every day for justice for her and others, ut to come on and read peoples accounts of what might be is a absolute joke. lets hope none of u face what our family have as i guarantee its not easy to be standing a year down the line strong for your family.

Paige was the nicest, quietest, friendly helpful, responsible mature wee girl you could meet. She never put herself in vulnerable situations ever.

i hope this helps answer all the questions in your murder she wrote episode.
Ma'am,

I read about your beautiful Angel here when she was first brutally taken from you. My heart breaks for you. My prayers go out to you. I didn't read here long enough to read any insensitive posts regarding her, but I am sorry you did. I went on Facebook and read the pout for Paige movement, and all of the beautiful testiments that those that knew her well wrote. I cried for you, as a mother of a daughter myself I cannot ever imagine your pain. I am very sorry at the inadequate punishment this evil man received and I'm hoping for some jailhouse justice for her and your family.

Please don't bother yourself with ignorant people that don't know her or yourself or your family. I applaud your voracity to defend your baby. People can be so cruel. But for the grace of God... No one could know of your suffering.

I wish you peace. I hope you are beginning to heal. Your daughter is beautiful. God bless you ma'am.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ma'am,

I read about your beautiful Angel here when she was first brutally taken from you. My heart breaks for you. My prayers go out to you. I didn't read here long enough to read any insensitive posts regarding her, but I am sorry you did. I went on Facebook and read the pout for Paige movement, and all of the beautiful testiments that those that knew her well wrote. I cried for you, as a mother of a daughter myself I cannot ever imagine your pain. I am very sorry at the inadequate punishment this evil man received and I'm hoping for some jailhouse justice for her and your family.

Please don't bother yourself with ignorant people that don't know her or yourself or your family. I applaud your voracity to defend your baby. People can be so cruel. But for the grace of God... No one could know of your suffering.

I wish you peace. I hope you are beginning to heal. Your daughter is beautiful. God bless you ma'am.

Thank uu. i just get really annoyed when people guess the story. because media leave out the facts n make things sound so differet to what they are. we are moving forward but she is very much and always will be a huge part of our everyday lifes. her siblings are doing amazing and miss her so much.

there isnt a great justice system in scotland at all and its a shame paiges life was taken for so little because of the killers hjman rights.

i do not wish this on anyones family at all its just so far from real life *advertiser censored*

Thank uu. i just get really annoyed when people guess the story. because media leave out the facts n make things sound so differet to what they are. we are moving forward but she is very much and always will be a huge part of our everyday lifes. her siblings are doing amazing and miss her so much.

there isnt a great justice system in scotland at all and its a shame paiges life was taken for so little because of the killers hjman rights.

i do not wish this on anyones family at all its just so far from real life *advertiser censored*
I am from New York and was appalled and speechless at his sentence. Then the appeal. I hope change is brought in this regard so no family ever has to suffer the additional injustice and pain that you have.

Again, my deepest, deepest sympathy and condolences to you. You are a remarkably strong woman and you do your daughters memory a great service!

oh new york was where we were ging for paiges 16th! she loved to shop. i am now taking her brother in november this year so she will defo be there with us in spirit x

oh new york was where we were ging for paiges 16th! she loved to shop. i am now taking her brother in november this year so she will defo be there with us in spirit x
I hope you enjoy! Times Square is gorgeous.[emoji4] . New York City can be magical. I'm from a suburb in Long Island about 20 miles from the city. There is so much to do there. Your son should have a wonderful time.

BTW, Websleuths has a strict TOS. We are extremely victim friendly. If you find posts offensive and untrue you can alert the post or private message a mod and have them removed.

Hi AngelPaige2016

First of all, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your daughter. That is always foremost ...

But, websleuth is a place where people come together for the purpose of sleuthing, pondering, debating and sumising. <modsnip>

However, we are, as stated, a victim (including victims loved ones) friendly forum. <modsnip>

Best Regards

I don't think there is anyone here that wasn't deeply concerned when paige went missing or isn't utterly disgusted at JL or his sentence. I think the speculation happens as some people can't understand why JL did what he did and they try and think of reasons. This unfortunately may seem as though the victims behaviour is being blamed.

thats actually quite patronising, im not offended, im annoyed at the speculating about paiges lifestyle, paiges homelife and type of person paige is. This is what ive read from members on here. ive read plenty and believe me im made of strong stuff, remember i saw my daughter, identified her, but facts are facts and unfortunately, asking oh what happened before the murder isnt facts certainly when nothing did, maybe sleuth into the lifetsyle of the killer rather than the victim, youl find a hell of a lot more that way, as for 'The Digger' its not a regulated newspaper, it doesnt print facts doesnt print anything that they can back up with evidence, they make rubbish up and theres no way to make complaints as its ran from a house somewhere. The man who owns it preys on victims to sell a paper, mostly gang crime but will print on murders and robberies etc. and i can tell you every bit of nonsense and lies they printed, such as an affair or pregnancy or his car he transported her body in or her biological dad selling stories ( doesnt know paige either not so much as sent her a birthday card her full life o contributed in anyway to her upbringing, has no parental rights or responsibilities over paige unlike me her mother) yes this page is for sleuthing not gossiping which is exactly as i saw so yes i will reply and i will put the facts straight so u can continue sleuthing, theres no more to this case at all. my daughter went for her breakfast a few streets from where she lives an area shes been raised in and is known very well, a man killed her. regardless of his pathetic lies, which by the way were rubbished in court, she was 15 almost 16 years old a child with her whole life ahead. this man has got previous history as i said before, had we know that paige wouldnt have been allowed in the shop. she was a very loved well looked after little girl. nothing any child could do would deserve her horrific killing and no 'sleuthing' would have helped. you may see it as sleuthing but if you read back it looks like gossip in alot of posts. by all means sleuth away, i correctd some points so maybe if that upsets others they should 'spare' themselves

I don't think there is anyone here that wasn't deeply concerned when paige went missing or isn't utterly disgusted at JL or his sentence. I think the speculation happens as some people can't understand why JL did what he did and they try and think of reasons. This unfortunately may seem as though the victims behaviour is being blamed.

Too many people know paige very well too well to think that she would act in that way. i know what happens in these cases, people make up there own version of events hence reason why i got police to thoroughly investigate every single rumour, not because i doubted paige because paige told me every detail of her life more than what she would her friends, thats the kind of relationship we had, but i wanted to shut the doubters up that didnt know or havent met her.

of course people were deeply affected especially nearby and the public response was amazing. Police Scotland never done a search or helped us arrange a search, paiges face was everywhere the night she disappeared because we put it everywhere to get her home safe. we walked the streets through the night, it wasnt til the major investigation team was in place after body was found that the police done their amazing job. xx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back