GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Matthew Coyle ‏@Mattycoyle 1m1 minute ago

Shouts of "beast" from family and friends of Paige Doherty as John Leathem led to cells. One screams "why did you do that

It still makes no sense.

There's IS something significant that's not been said ...

It still makes no sense.

There's IS something significant that's not been said ...

There were some tweets ( trying to find them again now ) about the Judge having received an anonymous letter, but she stated that she would disregard the contents.

There were some tweets ( trying to find them again now ) about the Judge having received an anonymous letter, but she stated that she would disregard the contents.
Ooh that sounds interesting ... there's definitely SOMETHING - whether Leathem made a move on Paige or whether Leathem was up to no good with someone and Paige made a comment threatening to expose him or whatever, there is DEFINITELY more to this.

He's not clinically insane, he's no history of violence or deviance, he didn't just kill her - he literally lost the plot! Yes he tried to 'get away with it' BUT he entered an early guilty plea ... cold killers tend to enjoy the trial... there's got to be something else.

Just saw some tweets, just saying that the judge said she'd been sent an anonymous letter but was disregarding it's contents ...

Is the family satisfied with the sentence?

Hi Elainera

Just found this article today and it sounds as though Paige's mother and family are satisfied with the sentence.

The mother of tragic Clydebank teenager Paige Doherty has asked for the public to respect the 27-year jail term given to killer John Leathem as demands for a longer penalty intensify.

Pamela Munro has urged the public not to criticise the sentence handed down by judge Lady Rae and said '50 years won't bring Paige back and neither will the death penalty'.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...to_respect_27_year_jail_term_given_to_killer/

He is legally entitled to appeal. Doubt he'll get very far considering his actions after the murder.

I highly doubt his sentence will be reduced considering the violence of his crime and trying to cover it up at first. He's never given a proper explanation of why he murdered Paige either, or shown any remorse from what I recall in the articles I've read.

Very sad to read that. There is no way that JL is going to tell Paige's mother the truth. That would open a whole new situation for him and ruin his chance of appeal - not that I think he will get anywhere with it, but even so, he has to keep to the same story for the appeal.

There's a few stories today about JL being 'granted leave to appeal his sentence'.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-jailed-murder-paige-doherty-9268227

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/new...Doherty_granted_leave_to_appeal_his_sentence/

The articles don't say, but I was wondering if this means that he is released from prison until the appeal date (23rd December)? Or is it just legal wording for him being allowed to appeal? I tried Googling but couldn't find any answers!

Leave to appeal = permission to appeal. He stays where he is (thankfully).

best,

s

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member