GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm, but his family member (I can't remember for certain offhand which it is) that is on the Register was clearly found guilty of something. Unsubstantiated rumours don't put you there. If Leathem were innocent and such an accusation was made, wouldn't a normal first reaction be to phone the police immediately himself and get this nipped in the bud? Committing murder to avoid being slandered as a paedophile, nup, it's a stretch to me. Committing murder to avoid being convicted as one, now that I could buy.

MOO etc

To be fair, I can just about believe his version, when it's put politely in court maybe not so, but as it might have happened, if Paige was anything like a lot of 15 year olds these days, they think they can say anything and if she was saying "I'll tell everyone you're a pedophile just like your brother" etc then that might be enough to flip someone's switch? - but it is still in the back of my mind that a more likely scenario is that Paige or someone close to Paige were involved with Leathem and that Paige was threatening to let the Cat out of the bag ...

Agreed. However unpopular it may be.

Now he's pleaded guilty would they mention anything about evidence of a relationship like Facebook messages/texts between them etc. Do the prosecution say what they thought the version of events were? I can't remember.

Whatever his excuse I jut cannot see that any "letting the cat out of the bag" over a relationship (and allowing that it might be an underage relationship) is a reason for inflicting - what 150 or so stab wounds - on a 15 year old of less than 5 foot height. Then calmly disposing of her body, cleaning up and taking his family out.

Something she said may have flipped him, who knows ? In 10 minutes ?? I am glad that this man is being incarcerated for his loss of control, for whatever reason. :furious:

Whatever his excuse I jut cannot see that any "letting the cat out of the bag" over a relationship (and allowing that it might be an underage relationship) is a reason for inflicting - what 150 or so stab wounds - on a 15 year old of less than 5 foot height. Then calmly disposing of her body, cleaning up and taking his family out.

Something she said may have flipped him, who knows ? In 10 minutes ?? I am glad that this man is being incarcerated for his loss of control, for whatever reason. :furious:
If she were a stranger, then no, I can't imagine that it would all blow up in a matter of ten minutes but they weren't strangers. They were well well known to each other, connected by Paige's mother Pamela and so it could've been an ongoing issue which came to a head in those ten minutes. I think we might have known more and got a bigger picture if the case had gone to trial.

Agreed. However unpopular it may be.

Now he's pleaded guilty would they mention anything about evidence of a relationship like Facebook messages/texts between them etc. Do the prosecution say what they thought the version of events were? I can't remember.

I dont think the prosecution had to say anything, because he put in a guilty plea.

the only comment I can see, is

Prosecutors branded the horror killing "motiveless".

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...R-_-ScottishSun-_-20160905-_-News-_-573958520

Absolutely agree about his lack of control and I'm inclined to think it was personal, there are plenty of studies proving that brutal killings like this tend to be fuelled by passion He's a very dangerous man indeed.

There must have been a LOT of blood, sickening that he opened the shop back up and made people sandwiches just an hour later, would have been interesting to hear from that morning's customers about his demeanor.

I do also think there was some kind of relationship going on here, the sheer ferocity of the attack makes me believe that. Paige didn't have a conventional home life and would certainly qualify as a vulnerable teenager that would be easy to take advantage of.

Absolutely agree about his lack of control and I'm inclined to think it was personal, there are plenty of studies proving that brutal killings like this tend to be fuelled by passion He's a very dangerous man indeed.

There must have been a LOT of blood, sickening that he opened the shop back up and made people sandwiches just an hour later, would have been interesting to hear from that morning's customers about his demeanor.

I really hope he disposed of the knife.

As others have said, I also think there was history there and - had it all been revealed - whether it was an affair or something else - I think he knew that he would be in deep trouble on both a business and personal level.
Without going into detail, if you look at his track record, he really couldn't afford in any way ( including financially ) to have whatever it was revealed.

I have to say that I am surprised. The savagery demonstrated in the kill is quite upsetting. It was rage filled. Goes to show you....I figured a SA all along and I'm wrong. No matter what was said or suggested no one deserves to be murdered.

As others have said, I also think there was history there and - had it all been revealed - whether it was an affair or something else - I think he knew that he would be in deep trouble on both a business and personal level.
Without going into detail, if you look at his track record, he really couldn't afford in any way ( including financially ) to have whatever it was revealed.

I think that scenario suggests premeditation though, and premeditation does not seem consistent with this crime. If it

all happened with 10 minutes - that is no time at all to react with such violence - imo of course

I believe they have been deleted (whooshed) Elainera.

Thank you jessie. Probably better this way.

What has me stumped is, on the one hand the attack itself, which seems so frenzied, out of control, utter rage and complete overkill, etc, and on the other hand, afterwards in a cool and collected way he cleaned up the crime scene (where there must have been a lot of blood), even walked out in broad daylight with her body (with her foot sticking out of the bin bags too!), bought cleaning materials next door, changed clothes, cleaned up, and then reopened his shop! Absolutely incredible. He exploded into a rage, committed murder, and then was totally calm and in control afterwards. Is this the first time he's done this, I wonder? To me he looks more like someone who knew exactly what to do after the kill. I think this was planned all along.

I wonder about his employees. Did they not notice any blood anywhere? Was he that thorough?

And his poor wife - a body in their shed the whole weekend. My God. So terrible.

I think that scenario suggests premeditation though, and premeditation does not seem consistent with this crime. If it

all happened with 10 minutes - that is no time at all to react with such violence - imo of course

I agree Jessie, I don't think it was premeditated. But, because there was history there, in that Paige was not a stranger to him, then I think whatever was said between them on that day was something they had discussed ( perhaps even argued about ) on previous occasions. This time, for whatever reason, he reacted violently.

Thank you jessie. Probably better this way.

What has me stumped is, on the one hand the attack itself, which seems so frenzied, out of control, utter rage and complete overkill, etc, and on the other hand, afterwards in a cool and collected way he cleaned up the crime scene (where there must have been a lot of blood), even walked out in broad daylight with her body (with her foot sticking out of the bin bags too!), bought cleaning materials next door, changed clothes, cleaned up, and then reopened his shop! Absolutely incredible. He exploded into a rage, committed murder, and then was totally calm and in control afterwards. Is this the first time he's done this, I wonder? To me he looks more like someone who knew exactly what to do after the kill. I think this was planned all along.

I wonder about his employees. Did they not notice any blood anywhere? Was he that thorough?

And his poor wife - a body in their shed the whole weekend. My God. So terrible.

I dont think he employed anyone, it was just him at the Deli.

I agree about the frenzy, followed by calm. And, not wanting in any way to defend this sc*m, but I wonder if it could have been almost an autopilot reaction, the way he cleaned up. Disassociating himself from the deed itself and keeping his thoughts only on the tidy up.

I dont think he employed anyone, it was just him at the Deli.

I agree about the frenzy, followed by calm. And, not wanting in any way to defend this sc*m, but I wonder if it could have been almost an autopilot reaction, the way he cleaned up. Disassociating himself from the deed itself and keeping his thoughts only on the tidy up.

Yes that might have been the case (disassociation, autopilot). I guess I'm just very surprised how well he kept it together for someone who supposedly never killed anyone before in his life.

I'm think I remember he had someone coming in to help him in the shop? Anyone else remember this?

Yes that might have been the case (disassociation, autopilot). I guess I'm just very surprised how well he kept it together for someone who supposedly never killed anyone before in his life.

I'm think I remember he had someone coming in to help him in the shop? Anyone else remember this?
I recall that someone might come in mid morning so that he could do the deliveries?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back