GUILTY UK - PC David Carrick, 46, Met Officer, charged with rape, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, 4 Sept 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes you’re right :). The only comparison is what happens after allegations of domestic abuse or rape (in child custody cases false allegations are quite common). As it seems to happen a lot the usual experience (I am informed) is some unsuspecting Dad is arrested and spends a night in jail with it taking months to clear their name.

But actually no it isn’t remanded in custody - (other than for about 24 hours) and yes it is usually bail.

Sorry was maybe thinking out loud about bail and remanded in custody.

Also possible she visited a sexual assault referral centre (SARC) where evidence can be collected without a report to the police being made. What is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)? | Rape Crisis England & Wales

I'm so wary of saying too much due to the case being sub judice, but it's interesting he has been remanded. Many accused of rape are let out on bail.

"At the bail hearing, the magistrates decide whether bail is appropriate after they have heard representations from both the prosecution and the defence. A defendant has a right to bail. The court may only refuse bail if it is satisfied that the defendant would fail to surrender to custody, commit an offence while on bail, or would interfere with witnesses or otherwise obstruct the course of justice. Bail can also be refused if the offence was committed while the defendant was already on bail for another serious offence, or for the defendant's own protection. There is an exception to the right to bail for some serious repeat offenders including those previously convicted of rape. Then the court can only grant bail in exceptional circumstances."

CPS Policy for Prosecuting Cases of Rape | The Crown Prosecution Service
Anybody know why my replies I posted yesterday have been deleted?

In other words, you started being a Web Sleuth with a Bang!
Welcome:)
Thank you Dotta, I discovered this site when Sarah Everard first went missing. There were many times I wanted to post but didn't.
As a rape survivor who has gone to the painstaking lengths to try & get justice to no avail I was utterly relieved for Sarah and her family when the whole life sentence was given last week. I've cried so many times for Sarah and I know so many here have too.
I'm following this latest case as knowing the system how I now do, for the timeline of a complaint to arrest to charge be just a few days and in addition him being reprimanded suggests they have some concrete evidence but you would think that if he thought that was even a remote chance he wouldn't categorically deny and instead say those 3 magic words...
I hope with all my heart for this brave survivor who has come forward and for every survivor there has been and will be, that the CPS haven't cut corners just to appease public pressure because if that is the case then they've set us back decades.

Thank you Dotta, I discovered this site when Sarah Everard first went missing. There were many times I wanted to post but didn't.
As a rape survivor who has gone to the painstaking lengths to try & get justice to no avail I was utterly relieved for Sarah and her family when the whole life sentence was given last week. I've cried so many times for Sarah and I know so many here have too.
I'm following this latest case as knowing the system how I now do, for the timeline of a complaint to arrest to charge be just a few days and in addition him being reprimanded suggests they have some concrete evidence but you would think that if he thought that was even a remote chance he wouldn't categorically deny and instead say those 3 magic words...
I hope with all my heart for this brave survivor who has come forward and for every survivor there has been and will be, that the CPS haven't cut corners just to appease public pressure because if that is the case then they've set us back decades.
Im so sorry you didnt get justice you deserve:(
You have to be strong!
As for the person who hurt you so badly - Im sure karma one day will take care of him.

Im so sorry you didnt get justice you deserve:(
You have to be strong!
As for the person who hurt you so badly - Im sure karma one day will take care of him.

I am strong and whilst I didn't feel it for a while in the aftermath of what he did, his mistake was that he massively underestimated me. For that I'm grateful. I'm also grateful that I'm strong enough to speak out for those that can't or don't want to.
Karma will indeed take care of him, of that I have no doubt.
My focus now is on highlighting the injustice so many survivors face. Things have to change and I will fight for that change not just as a survivor but as a Mother to both boys & girls !

I am strong and whilst I didn't feel it for a while in the aftermath of what he did, his mistake was that he massively underestimated me. For that I'm grateful. I'm also grateful that I'm strong enough to speak out for those that can't or don't want to.
Karma will indeed take care of him, of that I have no doubt.
My focus now is on highlighting the injustice so many survivors face. Things have to change and I will fight for that change not just as a survivor but as a Mother to both boys & girls !
Bravo:)
I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
Take care!

Last edited:
CPS (text from above list incase we lose it)
The Crown Prosecution Service has today authorised Hertfordshire Constabulary to charge Metropolitan Police officer David Carrick with 13 additional offences.

They relate to three women and are alleged to have taken place between 2017 and 2020.

In relation to Complainant A, Mr Carrick is charged with two counts of rape, one count of coercive and controlling behaviour, one count of false imprisonment, one count of sexual assault, one count of assault by penetration and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

In relation to Complainant B, Mr Carrick is charged with one count of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted sexual assault by penetration.

In relation to Complainant C, Mr Carrick is charged with one count of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of coercive and controlling behaviour.

This is in addition to one count of rape he was charged with last month following a complaint by a separate woman.

The defendant, 46, will make his first court appearance in relation to the new charges at via videolink at 2pm on Friday (26 November) at Westminster Magistrates' Court. He is currently remanded in custody.

Peter Burt, Senior District Crown Prosecutor for CPS Thames and Chiltern, said: “Following a referral of evidence by Hertfordshire Constabulary, the CPS has now charged David Carrick with a total of 14 alleged offences against four women.

"We remind all concerned that criminal proceedings against the defendant are active and that he has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings."

• The full charges for David Carrick (DOB: 04/01/1975) in relation to the four complainants are:
    • Four counts of rape
    • Three counts of sexual assault
    • Two counts of sexual assault by penetration
    • Two counts of coercive and controlling behaviour
    • One count of false imprisonment
    • One count of attempted sexual assault by penetration
    • One count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent
  • The CPS assessment of any case is not in any sense a finding of, or implication of, any guilt or criminal conduct. It is not a finding of fact, which can only be made by a court, but rather an assessment of what it might be possible to prove to a court, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors

CPS (text from above list incase we lose it)
The Crown Prosecution Service has today authorised Hertfordshire Constabulary to charge Metropolitan Police officer David Carrick with 13 additional offences.

They relate to three women and are alleged to have taken place between 2017 and 2020.

In relation to Complainant A, Mr Carrick is charged with two counts of rape, one count of coercive and controlling behaviour, one count of false imprisonment, one count of sexual assault, one count of assault by penetration and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

In relation to Complainant B, Mr Carrick is charged with one count of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted sexual assault by penetration.

In relation to Complainant C, Mr Carrick is charged with one count of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of coercive and controlling behaviour.

This is in addition to one count of rape he was charged with last month following a complaint by a separate woman.

The defendant, 46, will make his first court appearance in relation to the new charges at via videolink at 2pm on Friday (26 November) at Westminster Magistrates' Court. He is currently remanded in custody.

Peter Burt, Senior District Crown Prosecutor for CPS Thames and Chiltern, said: “Following a referral of evidence by Hertfordshire Constabulary, the CPS has now charged David Carrick with a total of 14 alleged offences against four women.

"We remind all concerned that criminal proceedings against the defendant are active and that he has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings."

• The full charges for David Carrick (DOB: 04/01/1975) in relation to the four complainants are:
    • Four counts of rape
    • Three counts of sexual assault
    • Two counts of sexual assault by penetration
    • Two counts of coercive and controlling behaviour
    • One count of false imprisonment
    • One count of attempted sexual assault by penetration
    • One count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent
  • The CPS assessment of any case is not in any sense a finding of, or implication of, any guilt or criminal conduct. It is not a finding of fact, which can only be made by a court, but rather an assessment of what it might be possible to prove to a court, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors
Isnt rape and sexual assault by penetration the same?
Maybe my English is not good enough to distinguish between the two?

Isnt rape and sexual assault by penetration the same?
Maybe my English is not good enough to distinguish between the two?

Here's a UK definition from the Thames Valley Police on the difference between the two:

The legal definition of rape is when a person intentionally penetrates another's vagina, anus or mouth with a penis, without the other person's consent. Assault by penetration is when a person penetrates another person's vagina or anus with any part of the body other than a penis, or by using an object, without the person's consent.

Here's a UK definition from the Thames Valley Police on the difference between the two:

The legal definition of rape is when a person intentionally penetrates another's vagina, anus or mouth with a penis, without the other person's consent. Assault by penetration is when a person penetrates another person's vagina or anus with any part of the body other than a penis, or by using an object, without the person's consent.
Yuck!!!!:eek:
So the distinction is a body part used.
Thanks.

A Metropolitan Police officer has denied a total of 20 offences against four women, including rape, sexual assault, false imprisonment and controlling behaviour.

PC David Carrick, 46, of Stevenage, Hertfordshire, entered almost two dozen not guilty pleas as he appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Friday.

[...]

Three more women came forward following his first court appearance and he was charged with 19 additional offences, allegedly carried out between January 1 2017 and July 1 2020.

The additional charges include: six more counts of rape, five of sexual assault, two of sexual assault by penetration, two of coercive and controlling behaviour, two of false imprisonment, attempted sexual assault by penetration and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

Mr Carrick answered 'not guilty' or 'not guilty, sir' when each of the charges were put to him.

Prosecutor Tom Little told the judge there may be more charges brought in the case.

Patrick Hill, defending did not make an application for bail.

He said the defence for the first 19 charges will be one of consent and that the 20th, the St Albans rape allegation, did not take place.

Judge Michael Kay QC provisionally set a date for a six-week trial beginning on April 26 next year at St Albans Crown Court.

Met police officer denies charges of rape, sexual assault and false imprisonment against four women | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back