UK - Pregnant at 11 years old

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone know the condition of the little baby girl at this time?

Did the 12 yr old mom get to keep her?

From the link provided above.

The 12-year-old has been banned by social workers from going back to her family home in West Lothian, according to the Scottish Sun.

The infant was born at St John's Hospital in Livingston, West Lothian, on Wednesday but was reportedly transferred to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary with a lung problem.

The girl, who has not been named, fell pregnant aged 11 after having sex with a 15-year-old on a drunken night out with friends in Edinburgh last August. He has been charged with statutory rape.

The schoolgirl told the Scottish Sun: "There is no way I want to go into care. I want to go home with my mum so that we can all be a family. I know I can be a good mum. I need to be given the chance to try."

The newspaper said social workers may allow the girl to live with her aunt when she leaves hospital if the 37-year-old passes a strict assessment by the West Lothian Council.

The girl's 34-year-old mother criticised social workers, saying: "How can they do this to us now? I want my daughter home, but failing that, she has a relative who is happy to take her if only she can get passed by the council.

"For two social workers to barge in on her and the baby and break this to her without anyone else from the family being there is a disgrace."

The family claimed social workers thought their three-bedroom council flat was not adequate for the growing family.

But there were also believed to be concerns about allegations of drug-taking and drinking at the property.

The family have vowed to fight the decision and said they were seeking
legal advice.

I hope this child and her baby do end up in a stable constructive home, I am glad the authorities aren't letting her return home to her mum, if she was allowed to start drinking at age 10 then this baby would never stand a chance.

Old Broad

Old Broad I am with you I hope they do not let her go home to her mother that is the worst place for her to be. The sad part is she is thinking like a 12 yr old she wants to be with her mother. She does not realize that the only chance she and her baby may have is not going back there.

In that article (thanks for that, btw!) it says that the mother thought it was a disgrace the way the daughter was informed of her going into care without any of her family present.

WELL.......

That's rich coming from you, mama....perhaps if YOU had had a little more 'PRESENCE' in your child's life, she wouldn't be a 12 yr old mother herself.

Perhaps if you had been PRESENT when she was running off to parties she had no business attending, she wouldn't have to leave your home.

Perhaps if you had provided any kind of HOME for her, she wouldn't have to find one right now.

Missus.....you got no business telling ANYONE how to conduct ANYTHING!

Brefie said:
In that article (thanks for that, btw!) it says that the mother thought it was a disgrace the way the daughter was informed of her going into care without any of her family present.

WELL.......

That's rich coming from you, mama....perhaps if YOU had had a little more 'PRESENCE' in your child's life, she wouldn't be a 12 yr old mother herself.

Perhaps if you had been PRESENT when she was running off to parties she had no business attending, she wouldn't have to leave your home.

Perhaps if you had provided any kind of HOME for her, she wouldn't have to find one right now.

Missus.....you got no business telling ANYONE how to conduct ANYTHING!
AMEN!

I get a kick out of the phrase they keep using- "She fell pregnant"

WTF!?

I too get a kick out of the phrase" she- fell- pregnant. Douh, does falling pregnant if you have sex come as a "surprise' ? What is wrong with these people? I am like every one else totally 'mind boggled' by the mothers attitude to her childs pregnancy. Gee, this is sad.:confused:

kazzbar said:
I too get a kick out of the phrase" she- fell- pregnant. Douh, does falling pregnant if you have sex come as a "surprise' ? What is wrong with these people? I am like every one else totally 'mind boggled' by the mothers attitude to her childs pregnancy. Gee, this is sad.:confused:
I think it's just their figure of speech, how they word it. It does sound funny, IMO 2. But I am sure some of the ways we Americans say things sound funny too, like in the south, CUT THE TV ON.....that makes no perfect sense. I bet people in that country would think that sounds funny! We could, and probably have started a thread on all the different funny was things are said :)

Well coming from that part of the world I have to defend them that is just a figure of speech. They do say that, she fell pregnant whenever anyone is pregnant.

There's another southern saying that my mother in law uses... When she's dialing the phone, she says she "Mashes" the numbers in. Like we would say, we are dialing, she's mashing. I always laugh at her, and then she calls me a Yankee... :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

mssheila said:
There's another southern saying that my mother in law uses... When she's dialing the phone, she says she "Mashes" the numbers in. Like we would say, we are dialing, she's mashing. I always laugh at her, and then she calls me a Yankee... :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
rofl, I say that. I also mash my fingers when I closed the door on them!

I feel so sorry for this baby. Hasn't really got a good start in life does it? I'm hoping that it is placed with a good family, for that matter I hope the young girl gets classes and help. She might turn out half alright if someone is around who gives a crap.

lizziedripping said:
SCOTLAND'S youngest mum has left a foster home without her month-old baby, it emerged today.

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1418&id=1016302006

July 22nd 2006
SCOTLAND's youngest mum was arrested and held in a police cell after being found drunk at her mother's home.
Police were alerted after the 12-year-old, who fell pregnant at the age of 11, failed to return to her foster family.

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1066272006
I think it is for the best.....

I disagree. The foster parents were lax enough to let the 11 year old drink and get pregnant, so what makes the government think the foster parents can raise a baby?

bykerladi said:
I disagree. The foster parents were lax enough to let the 11 year old drink and get pregnant, so what makes the government think the foster parents can raise a baby?
The bio mother did that, NOT the foster parents.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back