UK - Prince Philip, 99, hospitalized after feeling unwell, Feb 2021; died 9 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
607af0622200008910f04e4b.jpeg

WPA Pool via Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth Sits Alone At Prince Philip's Funeral In Heartbreaking Image | HuffPost

Last edited:
Yes, and he, William and Kate were seen talking together as they walked back to the castle afterwards, which is nice after all the tabloid stories of a rift.

I noticed that too, afterwards Harry walked in the centre between William and Kate.

And also birth order was the reason the cousin walked between the two princes in the procession toward St. George’s Chapel. How the tabloids like to make something out of nothing.

Richard Berthelsen: Royal Family walked in order of birth, not succession at Prince Philip's funeral
“The order in which the family walked was in order of birth, rather than the order of succession or strict precedence. As it was a family funeral, it made sense since the Queen is the font of all honour and the Sovereign determines the order on any occasion. In this instance, it was entirely correct protocol that Peter Phillips, Princess Anne’s son, as the eldest grandson should be in the centre with Prince William to his right and Prince Harry to his left. Peter Phillips walked just perceptibly behind the two princes in deference to their royal status...”

I couldn't help but notice the brooch worn by Queen Elizabeth today so I had to google it...

"Here's the story behind the Richmond Brooch: Elizabeth's grandmother, Queen Mary, was gifted the brooch, made by Hunt and Raskell, in 1893 as a wedding present. The brooch features diamonds, set with two pearls—one large round center pearl and the detachable pearl. Mary wore the broach on her honeymoon at Osborne House on Isle of Wight."

Queen Elizabeth Wore a Romantic Brooch to Prince Philip's Funeral

He designed this himself

.View attachment 293110

I thought that green Land Rover really stood out, literally representing his personality in the way he’s been described including his sharp wit and down to earth character.

During the service one if the broadcasters mentioned he’d driven only Land Rovers for the last 50 years. I suppose it could be said that was also his wish for his last ride.

I thought that green Land Rover really stood out, literally representing his personality in the way he’s been described including his sharp wit and down to earth character.

During the service one if the broadcasters mentioned he’d driven only Land Rovers for the last 50 years. I suppose it could be said that was also his wish for his last ride.

I admired the Land Rover, as well as the choice of a woolen casket/coffin. The music choices were wonderful, and the carriage with cap and gloves were so touching. Kindness, humor and humanity... I liked his style!

From Kate Middleton’s Necklace to the Queen’s Brooch, All the Beautiful Hidden Symbols from Prince Philip’s Funeral

The Poignant Symbolism of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh’s Funeral

"However, Queen Elizabeth added her own touch, by placing a wreath of personally-selected roses and lilies, along with a handwritten note, which according to Express, is supposedly signed with the Queen's childhood nickname, "Lilibet." @Lilibet

How adorable. No doubt for the Queen to sign it this way PP probably called her this behind the scenes.

I know she won't reveal their private moments over 73 years, but if she did I think it would be a beautiful love story like RR, and NR.

With so many negative things infiltrating our world now we need far more stories about never ending love, and devotion.

A true beautiful love story between a Queen, and her Prince would warm the hearts of millions which is badly needed in such trying times now.

I guess I long for their story to be told because they remind me so much of my own beautiful marriage for 37 years.. True lasting love which only grows deeper with each passing day is truly such a precious blessing.

Jmho

Last edited:
How adorable. No doubt for the Queen to sign it this way PP probably called her this behind the scenes.

I know she won't reveal their private moments over 73 years, but if she did I think it would be a beautiful love story like RR, and NR.

With so many negative things infiltrating our world now we need far more stories about never ending love, and devotion.

A true beautiful love story between a Queen, and her Prince would warm the hearts of millions which is badly needed in such trying times now.

I guess I long for their story to be told because they remind me so much of my own beautiful marriage for 37 years.. True lasting love which only grows deeper with each passing day is truly such a precious blessing.

Jmho

Prince Philip's love letters to his beloved 'Lilibet' over 73 years of marriage to the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back