UK - Prince Philip, 99, hospitalized after feeling unwell, Feb 2021; died 9 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This feed was soooooooooooooooooo different than the one I followed!

EGADS!!!

Also moving that the Royals are clearly taking responsibility in not providing an event that would spread the virus. Admirable to see that leadership.

So much nuanced perhaps in this ceremony that I read a little bit about before as to significance... not watching any talking heads... just watching here and doing a little post at WS.

The Queen has her head down the entire time... entire time.. entire time...

May she be blessed.

Queen's greatest respect ...

I'm in such respectful tears and grief.

View attachment 293111

Source: BBC live feed

As I watched this morning I thought of this woman not as the Queen with great power, and responsibility, but as a grieving wife.

It truly is a great love story between a Queen, and her handsome Prince. As she sat alone my heart broke for her.

Outwardly she will remain strong for her people because she knows she must. But behind the scenes when she is alone to ponder how much they truly loved each other, tears will fall.

Sometimes we tend to think the royal family as stoic without emotions, but to me that is how they know they must present themselves publically. It was one of the things that made PP so endearing because at times he just said what he thought. :) But when the public is gone I think they express emotions of all kinds like we all do from being playful to being sad.

PP gave up his naval career, and all he could have done because he loved her with all of his being. He was her greatest friend, closest confidant, supporter, lover, and protector. It wasn't a duty to the Queen of England. It was because of deep everlasting love for his wife of 73 years.

They have gone through so much together from World War II, and all of the tragedies since then. I think his sense of humor was one of the things QE admired. Lol! I'm sure he could get her to smile and laugh on even cloudy days.

Its also endearing to know he's in a special vault, and will be there until he can be laid to rest beside the love of his life.

No one could cancel PP, and he knew it no matter what he said! Lol!

Although I pray QE has many healthy years to come.

One of my favorites is Kate. She's so beautiful to me, and represents the family so well along with William.

The funeral was very spiritual just like PP wanted.

God's speed PP! May you rest in gentle peace now.

Jmho

So much nuanced perhaps in this ceremony that I read a little bit about before as to significance... not watching any talking heads... just watching here and doing a little post at WS.

The Queen has her head down the entire time... entire time.. entire time...

May she be blessed.
It was very moving to see the Queen sitting alone and with her head down, maybe that was so all the focus was on her dear husband and him alone.

It was very moving to see the Queen sitting alone and with her head down, maybe that was so all the focus was on her dear husband and him alone.

I certainly felt she wanted it all to be about him as it should have been.

I also thought she kept her head bowed, and the hat she wore she knew it would shield her from the cameras in her time of grief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back