HER HONOUR JUDGE CORNELL

SITTING AT 10:15 am

For Mention and to Fix

T20197662SMITH Chadley06AA5499919GMANMCPS

RE: POCA

SITTING AT 10:30 am

For Sentence

T20227370JOYNES Rebecca06FF0620721GMANMCPS

Reporting restrictions under Section 2 of the Sexual Offenders Amendment Act 1992 and Section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act. Res HHJ Cornell. Defendant to Attend

T20237060JOYNES Rebecca06FF0427223MANCMCPS

In the eyes of those who knew her, Rebecca Joynes was a “nice and quiet” person who lived in a leafy village.

Growing up, Joynes was the eldest of two children who enjoyed gymnastics and dancing.

Joynes was described by her dad, who attended court to support his daughter, as a “perfect child in every way” who from “child to adult was always at the top.”

more at the link...........

That quote from is it the accused’s father saying: from “child to adult was always at the top.”

Going to leave that right there. SMH.

And from observing details on this case, if / when convicted seems this individual needs to be precluded from contact with children and young adults. MOO

I’m glad she’s turned up at court I had a feeling she’d try and end things prior to sentencing.

I know people who have worked with her, she was always very cold and standoffish and had more interest in showing off with the students rather than interacting with staff.

I also know the school she was at but as it’s not been released in the press due to protecting the boys identity I won’t mention it.

I hope the court passes a long sentence today

I find the families behaviour very strange

Like at this stage she’s been found guilty do you really want to be seen walking into court with her? Especially when you own a business which relies on the public

"Maximum sentences
Prosecutor Joe Allman has told the court the sentencing guidelines in relation to the offences against Rebecca Joynes.

The maximum sentence for sexual activity with a child is 14 years in prison.

The maximum sentence for sexual activity with a child by a person in a position of trust is five years behind bars."

How is this right? How is the maximum sentence almost 10 years LESS if the accused is in a position of trust? I don't understand.

"Maximum sentences
Prosecutor Joe Allman has told the court the sentencing guidelines in relation to the offences against Rebecca Joynes.

The maximum sentence for sexual activity with a child by a person in a position of trust is five years behind bars."

How is this right? How is the maximum sentence almost 10 years LESS if the accused is in a position of trust? I don't understand.
I think the poster below is correct it’s two separate charges

I can’t see it being anything near that I’m going for 5-7 years

Last edited:

"Maximum sentences

I believe that the "in a position of trust" charges relate to offences against boy B after he had turned 16, therefore above the age of consent, but it is still illegal due to her being his teacher.

I believe that the "in a position of trust" charges relate to offences against boy B after he had turned 16, therefore above the age of consent, but it is still illegal due to her being his teacher.

I understand that they are 2 different charges. I just don't understand the vast difference in the sentencing guidelines. Both the offences are for sexual activity with a child, so I don't understand why the sentencing guidelines max sentence is a lot higher if the accused is NOT in a position of trust. Surely the offence is worse (aggravating features) if the accused IS in a position of trust?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back