GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the video again and does anyone else think the body language is very telling, at 00.33 I'm sure he is checking his hand for tears. I really do think the emotion is put on, but that could also be through fear of showing the right behaviour, I'm not saying I think he is guilty, but I do think it was someone she knows and she has not run away.

I don't think the video looks very convincing at all. It's like he's covering his face as well to hide that there's no tears there. Hope I'm wrong I really do but thats just how it looks and comes across to me.

I know I said I'd be back later but I just can't take my mind and interest off this case for even 1 minute!

I said I'd be back later but I just can't take my mind and interest off this case for even 1 minute!

Me either :(

The reason I'm thinking about buses is that there was a fairly unusual sexual assault on an unidentified female in January, on a bus in Bristol. Unusual because there were two females present, but the attacker wasn't put off. Makes me think he was brazen and the females may have been young? Don't know if he was ever found...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Police...xual-assault/story-26009577-detail/story.html
Nope its not the same bus route. My ex is a bus driver in Bristol. Ive asked him what routes go nearby Beckys house (he has some uses!)

yes you would need to get a bus, there are a number of buses that you could take from that area. If you went from Clouds Hill Road you would take 42,43,44 or 45 and from Whitehall road the 6 or 7.
Haha I don't need the ex now!

Police press release:

Our online campaign to help find missing Bristol teenager Rebecca Watts has reached more than 2 million people.

Rebecca, known as Becky, 16, was last seen at her home address on Crown Hill, St George, Bristol, last Thursday morning (19/02).

She took her laptop and mobile phone with her – but no clothing or make-up. Nothing to suggest she would be away for several days.

In addition to a robust police investigation on the ground, we have called on our online communities to help us find Becky.

We know she is very social media saavy and so called upon the public to help spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.

We estimate that almost 400,000 people have seen our tweets and almost 22,000 people have engaged with our tweets in some way – either re-tweeting,* making them favourite tweets or clicking on them.

Our appeals have reached over 2 million people on Facebook around the world, with 30,959 shares worldwide (including Goa, New Zealand and USA).

We have also used Facebook Ads - targeting users in the Bristol area. Since their launch this morning (26/02), these have reached more than 21,000 people in the local area and directed hundreds to our #FindBecky page on our website.

Officer leading the investigation, DI Richard Ocone said: "We hope that this large online presence will lead to someone remembering something from the area or days following Becky’s disappearance.

"We know that Becky is very keen on social media as are most girls her age and so we want our online communities to help us keep our appeal for information running.

"We’re using every resource we can to try and find Becky. We have dedicated teams of officers on the ground and they’ve been supported by the police helicopter.

"We also have officers from other, regional Forces to help us with the search.

“We’re continuing to search the local area, concentrating on open areas and parkland. This is a routine part of a missing persons search that we always undertake to look for anything that Becky might have dropped.

“We are continuing with our house to house enquiries and I would urge anyone in the local area who has yet to speak to officers to call us immediately if they think they can help us.

“We’ve printed hundreds of leaflets and posters and our officers on the ground will be out and about handing these out to local people.

"I would like to make a plea for everyone to get behind our online campaign to find her using #FindBecky.

“We’ve also set up a dedicated page on our Force website which includes an online contact form where people can get in touch if they have any information for us.

"Anyone with information - please call us immediately on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously."

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....ssing-rebecca-watts-reaches-2milllion-people/

I said I'd be back later but I just can't take my mind and interest off this case for even 1 minute!

Me either :(
I've really got to go soon. Ive been on all day. I may be able to neglect my work but my kids...

I havent been on here in a while, forgot how addictive it can be. I have teenagers and they seem to be connected to (FB friends with) lots of other teenagers in other schools in Bristol so Im surprised neither of them know Becky or her friends. One report mentioned Becky goes to KTS training in Fishponds, my son goes there for his apprenticeship but she must be doing a different course.

I suspect searches have been stood down, as it's dark in the UK now. I hope for a small miracle tomorrow for this young lady.

Attachments

• B-wl-VyWoAAQURf.jpg
    B-wl-VyWoAAQURf.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 199
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-BLOOD-fears-grow-fell-victim-sex-attack.html

Been updated. New info:

# Believe she left home between 11am and 12pm

# Stepmom left for appointment at 10.30am. There were other people in the house when she left. Police are trying to identify whether those people actually saw her leave

# Have yet to identify who last saw her that morning

#No confirmed sightings and not on cctv

# refuse to discuss comments made re time of month or of dad was at home when she was

In that link sar2them, DG says he noticed a white transit van hanging around near the house on the day she vanished.

Yes thats correct. Didn't mention it as it has been bought up previously.

Also dogs used tiday were the ones used in the April Jones search

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-BLOOD-fears-grow-fell-victim-sex-attack.html

Been updated. New info:

# Stepmom left for appointment at 10.30am. There were other people in the house when she left. Police are trying to identify whether those people actually saw her leave

# refuse to discuss comments made re time of month or of dad was at home when she was

Seriously? The police have had a week now and they still haven't been able to find that information out? I'm confused - is it people refusing to talk? Because the family must know who was in their house that morning. Based on the new info, are people covering up for someone? Just MOO.

Police also say they have no evidence to say that Becky has come to any harm

Me 3. I'm watching the football but keep checking the thread on my phone to see if there is any news *sigh*

Been updated. New info:

Something is wrong here, it stinks to high heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90