GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That barrel or drum whatever it is, isn't good to see. I hope she isn't in it. Just seems odd they took it away, why would you take something that big unless it contained something important?
I doubt VERY much a body is in it!

I imagine something may have been burned in it? Stored in it and it will need closer forensic inspection to eliminate it.

Things look very bleak now. I'm so sorry for this young girl.

I suspect the arrested people are near Becky's own age group. But maybe not minors like her, as that would surely have been stated?

ETA: If they are young, I think police will know where she is by morning UK time.

Agree, it could be one of those metal drums from the garden that thousands of people burn their garden waste etc in. The posts on this thread are becoming a bit dramatic now.

There won't be a body in there, if there was the forensics would be examining it at the scene and not loading it into the back of a van.

But who's to say forensics haven't already examined it? They've been there for a good few days.... and there could be a possibility its been filled in with something - cement, maybe? Not easy to get a look in there at the scene without incurring too much attention x

I think they're being so cagey you can't definitely rule anything in or out.

I have a suspicion, but I don't think I should say any more.

My hinky meter is still buzzing. Don't know why. Just something feels weird.

Agree, it could be one of those metal drums from the garden that thousands of people burn their garden waste etc in. The posts on this thread are becoming a bit dramatic now.

After the disaster of the home searches in the Tia Sharp case, I think all UK police forces are being very comprehensive in searches of missing people's homes. They must dread the same thing happening.

They may seem dramatic, but it has happened plenty of times before, and with everything looking pretty suspicious, its hard not to speculate x

Despite my flippant Breaking Bad comment, I didn't actually think there would be a body in there. But it's clearly of forensic interest, it's heavy and they've decided to remove it from the house (i.e. if it was a boiler/water tank, they couldn't just remove it - the family would have no water!). Whether or not it has/did have something of significance in it is one thing - but who generally has an oil drum or oil drum shaped item in their house?!

Despite my flippant Breaking Bad comment, I didn't actually think there would be a body in there. But it's clearly of forensic interest, it's heavy and they've decided to remove it from the house (i.e. if it was a boiler/water tank, they couldn't just remove it - the family would have no water!). Whether or not it has/did have something of significance in it is one thing - but who generally has an oil drum or oil drum shaped item in their house?!

It could've been in the garden. xx
ETA: I didn't get the Breaking Bad reference, never seen it lol x

I'd have thought water tanks in those age houses would be plastic and squarish, anyhow. A metal boiler for hot water doesn't have access - so it would have to be cut open with an angle grinder to put anything inside, and that would be the end of any hot water supply in the house?

"But who's to say forensics haven't already examined it? They've been there for a good few days.... and there could be a possibility its been filled in with something - cement, maybe? Not easy to get a look in there at the scene without incurring too much attention x"

Because if they had found the body in there in the last couple of days they would not still be searching, I think had it been filled with cement it would take more than two people to move it.

I used to live in an old council house and we had a large metal water tank...cylindrical it was. But that was in the 80s. Haven't they removed the family from the house anyway?

Could it be some sort of compost bin or rainwater collector?
There are allotments behind the house as well aren't there? Maybe the house has access.

It doesn't look like a typical UK water tank from inside the home to me. It could be anything couldn't it? Wonder if it's like a metal bin to burn garden waste in?

"But who's to say forensics haven't already examined it? They've been there for a good few days.... and there could be a possibility its been filled in with something - cement, maybe? Not easy to get a look in there at the scene without incurring too much attention x"

Because if they had found the body in there in the last couple of days they would not still be searching, I think had it been filled with cement it would take more than two people to move it.

I see your point :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member