DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Moses I'm incredibly behind :gaah:

*dives back into thread 8*

But they did discuss Becky.

"Mrs Donovan told the court: 'I was joking because I found out she knew Becky.
'I said 'I know why you are at my house all the time - because you are running away from the police because you kidnapped her'.
'Nathan wasn't there. At first she just asked me how I knew she knew Becky.'
The joke was laughed off, but Matthews and Hoare were later charged with Becky's murder, for which they are now standing trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...brother-controlling-girlfriend-jury-told.html

Exactly. It was her mother that eventually brought up Becky up not SH.

But they did discuss Becky.

"Mrs Donovan told the court: 'I was joking because I found out she knew Becky.
'I said 'I know why you are at my house all the time - because you are running away from the police because you kidnapped her'.
'Nathan wasn't there. At first she just asked me how I knew she knew Becky.'
The joke was laughed off, but Matthews and Hoare were later charged with Becky's murder, for which they are now standing trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...brother-controlling-girlfriend-jury-told.html

I thought that was on a subsequent visit? Could easily be wrong though. But the mother brought it up, and why ask "how do you know I know her?" ? That seems odd in itself.

"Go for a smoke"maybe, "get a cigarette" nah. I think you're clutching at straws.

Sorry to mention the boyf again, but he smokes rollies and he definitely says 'I'm going for a cigarette' and will then roll it outside. I'm sure this will be clarified in any case (I hope!) tomorrow

It sounds to me like the prosecution has done a good job in rattling NM and exposing many of the inconsistencies in his story. I'm not sure what else people expect them to achieve. Let's remember that he has pleaded guilty to all charges except

1. conspiracy to kidnap (he admits his own part in this, just denies that SH was involved).
2. murder: however, he admits killing Becky but insists he did not intend to.
I am inclined to believe that there was no intent to kill her.

Did it rain heavily and constantly in Bristol that day? People keep mentioning the rain and not doing this in the rain or they wouldn't do that in the rain but some people just carry on normal life in the rain :) I just keep seeing a Peter Kay gag in my head of dinner ladies shouting "everybody IN! IT'S SPITTING" :D

Sorry to mention the boyf again, but he smokes rollies and he definitely says 'I'm going for a cigarette' and will then roll it outside. I'm sure this will be clarified in any case (I hope!) tomorrow

But would he say "get a cigarette"? Going for a cigarette, going for a smoke, etc. is pretty common to say for those that smoke from the pack or roll their own. But "went to the kitchen to get a cigarette" is completely different. MOO.

Even if SH did smoke tobacco roll ups it still doesn't excuse the time spent smoking. Roll ups are actually quicker to smoke as they are smaller and thinner than a regular ciggie. Plus it only takes a matter of seconds to make one.

Again I'm sure he doesn't say he's going to "get" a cigarette ie fetch rather than smoke

Did it rain heavily and constantly in Bristol that day? People keep mentioning the rain and not doing this in the rain or they wouldn't do that in the rain but some people just carry on normal life in the rain :) I just keep seeing a Peter Kay gag in my head of dinner ladies shouting "everybody IN! IT'S SPITTING" :D

The rain doesn't bother me personally, but I also wouldn't have my toddler out in the rain playing in 40F degree weather while it was raining or even just "spitting" just so I could smoke.

But would he say "get a cigarette"? Going for a cigarette, going for a smoke, etc. is pretty common to say for those that smoke from the pack or roll their own. But "went to the kitchen to get a cigarette" is completely different. MOO.
I notice you're in America :) I think it's more common for you guys to use the term smoke where Brits would say a cigarette (or in fact more commonly "a *advertiser censored*" which I know means something non tobacco related over there! :)

To be honest I'm not sure as he avoids telling me (unless he's drunk / angry / stressed and I'm there and he can't do it in secret!) because I have a go at him any time he smokes :laughing:!

I think most roll up smokers would still say 'have/get a cigarette' rather than 'I went to the kitchen to get my tobacco and papers and filters'

Some things are just unsaid - I'm sure she took a lighter or matches with her too but she didn't specify that.

I roll my own and have for years. I say 'rollie' I never use the word cigarette, it's rollie or smoke. Id say "I'm going outside for a smoke" "roll a smoke"

Each to their own though, not everyone calls it the same.

I've been thinking about the trip to see Shauna's mum and the not mentioning Becky - it could be that reconciling with Lisa was something they'd already talked about decided upon and it's possible that Nathan could've said 'don't mention all the Becky stuff to your mum, it'd be nice not to have to talk about it to yet another person, I'm sick of talking about it' etc

Ok let's imagine he did say that and that he did suggest she lie to police about them being gone all night , would she really not find that and him telling her stepdad to say theyve going out if anyone (police) turn up at all odd?

"Ok lets lie to the police and say we're out all night, tell your stepdad to play along with us going out for a meal if anybody comes along asking about us, oh and let's not tell either of them about Becky being missing, don't want to ruin the big hastily planned reunion... oh and lets sneak back home in a different car later too..."

Can't recall at what point today or from what source but I made a mental note that NM mentions Tobacco when he talks about Shauna Smoking - I've never smoked myself but I do know that there's an art to 'rolling your own' and it does take longer (albeit slightly) than just whipping a cigarette from a packet ... I dont think it's outside the realms of possibility for Shauna to have been outside 20 mins + rolling, smoking, feeding (dry food, top up hay, child holding a carrot etc)

I happen to think that SH was outside now for 15 mins. I think NM told her to go outside with their child while he dealt with Becky and got her in the car. So that Becky wouldn't see or hear them, and so their child wouldn't see anything.

I think the problem came when SH went back in the house, heard the commotion still going on, and had to step in to assist.

I notice you're in America :) I think it's more common for you guys to use the term smoke where Brits would say a cigarette (or in fact more commonly "a *advertiser censored*" which I know means something non tobacco related over there! :)

During my 25 years of smoking, no matter where I was living, I used the term cigarette when describing what it was I was smoking :) I don't think anything is lost in translation when she says "went to the kitchen to get a cigarette", again, just MOO.

Even if SH did smoke tobacco roll ups it still doesn't excuse the time spent smoking. Roll ups are actually quicker to smoke as they are smaller and thinner than a regular ciggie. Plus it only takes a matter of seconds to make one.

So it probably gives her even less time.

Ok let's imagine he did say that and that he did suggest she lie to police about them being gone all night , would she really not find that and him telling her stepdad to say theyve going out if anyone (police) turn up at all odd?

"Ok lets lie to the police and say we're out all night, tell your stepdad to play along with us going out for a meal if anybody comes along asking about us, oh and let's not tell either of them about Becky being missing, don't want to ruin the big hastily planned reunion... oh and lets sneak back home in a different car later too..."

Possibly relevant that NM (and poss SH?) have been described as socially awkward and find social situations / talking to people extremely difficult. It might not be that unusual for them to make excuses not to see people - I can imagine a situation where they have lots of randoms barging into their house would be an absolute nightmare for that sort of person, which could explain why SH didn't question it if she had no reason to believe Nathan had done anything wrong. Or alternatively he may have told her about the Stun gun as an excuse - he wanted to remove it before police came? He did previously say that he bought one of the stun guns for Shauna.

The rain doesn't bother me personally, but I also wouldn't have my toddler out in the rain playing in 40F degree weather while it was raining or even just "spitting" just so I could smoke.
I've never smoked but I have let my kids play in the rain and the snow and all weathers ... my 6 year old son loves nothing more than running outside to dance in pouring rain even in his pyjamas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne