GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Ekman coined the term “duping delight” to explain possible reasons for an increase in certain cues while lying was taking place. For example, fear and guilt associated with lying should decrease nonverbal cues such as eye contact and smiles, but the research shows us that eye contact usually increases during lying. Ironically, it is the reverse that is commonly thought of by the general public to be true. That is, most people think that eye contact decreases during lying. Two possible explanations exist for an increase in eye contact and smiling. One is that smiling happens more often because the liar is experiencing pleasure with the act of lying which has been extensively proven through research on psychopaths, con-men and pathological liars, the second says that a smile is in fact due to stress and embarrassment which causes a stress smile.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/the-...-read/duping-delight-eye-contact-and-smiling/

I found this interesting, considering the comments made re SH - on various sites - that she looked directly at the interviewer.

I mentioned before that I was a juror in a murder trial. there were two defendants accused of murder joint enterprise. they both blamed each other for the murder.

So, straight off we knew one was lying. There was the possibility that the other knew it would happen and participated, but neither admitted being the one who killed.

All I will say is that it was quite chilling to watch 'the liar' at work in court. His/her (so as not to identify the case) eyes pierced right through me and did not look away. I mentioned this to another juror, because I felt quite intimidated and she said she thought he/she was doing the same to her.

There was earlier testimony, may have been from NM, that the second toilet (in their home) had not been working for a while.

SH had no toilet to use while at their home for 2-3 days

There was earlier testimony, believe it was from NM, that the second toilet (in their home) had not been working for a while.

SH had no toilet to use while at their home for 2-3 days

I know, you'd think he might have lied about that and said it wasn't a problem for them because they had a second loo. he didn't though, he volunteered information that they had no loo available for so long.

I think he chucked a cover over the body and they carried on using the toilet anyway.

OK. I've found several identical (from the outside) properties in Bristol. They all have the same floor plan according to the agents listings, and this is it:

View attachment 83583

Does that fit with what we know?

EDIT: this is what I believe to be a floor plan for Becky's house in Crown Hill. Obviously (grrrrr) theirs may be a different layout, but it's unlikely given all the others are the same.

Well found. Also explains why SH could feasibly use the excuse of not knowing whether or not Becky was in. I had been assuming that she ( SH ) would have needed to use the loo, at some point during her 8 hour stay in the house that day, but if the loo is downstairs, then no need to go upstairs and near to Becky's room.

Edited to add ........... forgot that SH is not in habit of using loo's very often, so the above probably irrelevant anyway

OK. I've found several identical (from the outside) properties in Bristol. They all have the same floor plan according to the agents listings, and this is it:

View attachment 83583

Does that fit with what we know?

EDIT: this is what I believe to be a floor plan for Becky's house in Crown Hill. Obviously (grrrrr) theirs may be a different layout, but it's unlikely given all the others are the same.

Hmmm, trying to marry up the floorplan with pictures here http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/pictures/beccky/pictures-27974874-detail/pictures.html#18, one in particular is bugging me as I can't see where it could be? Number 7. Anyone?

(EDIT: if their house started off with this floor plan, it seems looking at pic 7 that an extra wall has been put in (or taken out of the other houses) as there a corridor running from the living room to the back of the house).

Anyway, not quite sure why I'm obsessing over this. I can see how they could claim neither would have seen Becky leave the house though, despite them being in the living room and kitchen.

Also, I had assumed the garden was directly accessible from the kitchen - seems you have to go through the conservatory to get outdoors though.

He still ran a MASSIVE risk though, at any point SH could have come back into the living room, realised he wasn't there and just shouted up the stairs. He'd have no reason to be up there if the bathrooms not up there. Another reason why I'm struggling to believe their story. I'm rambling... trying to juggle making tea, sleuthing and stopping the kids hanging off me. Time for a little break!

are you thinking of NM/SH's house? the floor plan being discussed is Becky's house

Yes - sorry! I was thinking of the comment that 'both toilets were blocked' when I saw the post querying two bathrooms, so was thinking it related to SH's home.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 4m4 minutes ago
Says NM said toilet blocked in CML, door locked. SH says doesn't go to loo very often
This stands out to me. It's as if she realizes herself how ridiculous them going without a toilet for days is so adds 'doesn't go to the loo often' to make it sound better but makes it worse IMO

Hmmm, trying to marry up the floorplan with pictures here http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/pictures/beccky/pictures-27974874-detail/pictures.html#18, one in particular is bugging me as I can't see where it could be? Number 7. Anyone?

Also, I had assumed the garden was directly accessible from the kitchen - seems you have to go through the conservatory to get outdoors though.

hallway from front door down to conservatory ( and then to back garden )
I think the staircase can just be seen on the right of the pic

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 4m4 minutes ago
Says NM said toilet blocked in CML, door locked. SH says doesn't go to loo very often
This stands out to me. It's as if she realizes herself how ridiculous them going without a toilet for days is so adds 'doesn't go to the loo often' to make it sound better but makes it worse IMO

Indeed. Would have been far better to say it was a nuisance but that they were out most of the day, so worked round it !

Again, 'condemn' not directed at you specifically - I have by no means made my mind up about her either, but I think collectively this thread (not individuals) is reading very anti-Shauna. I think I have a tendency to play devil's advocate anyway - when I see someone being almost universally hated (on a reality show, for example), it a lot of instances I will argue their case if I feel it isn't being represented properly. I'm sorry if you feel I've attacked you personally, that was not my intention!

It is hard and I think cross examination will be the crux of it all when IF innocent she will stand up to it. I personally don't think she knew anything of the killing or kidnap until AFTER, strangely for me, I WANT to believe her but there are just too many coincidences that make no sense. I do think she was 'controlled' to an extent and can believe she did and said things just to please NM, I have lived that myself and you would do anything for a quiet life after a while. I also don't get the lack of 'child' other than Rabbit feeding. She was only 2 and we all know how active and time consuming toddlers can be. That for me is the most tragic part, besides poor Becky, there are MANY victims from this crime. I'ts all very sad and sadly starting to be all too familiar!

A view from the front door would be of the stairs though?

I think it's a view from the living room to the back of the house (looks to me like the fish tank (?) is on the right of the door frame), but there must be a new wall which makes the kitchen narrower, with the cupboard door off to the right, bathroom further down on the right, kitchen further down on the left.

Just thinking things through that we have heard from the beginning of trial...imo pros have not as yet proven that SH was involved in the events that happened at BW's house. But frm shortly after they left up until they were arrested, there is no way SH did not know that BW was murdered and her body was in their bathroom.
I feel as though I am a logical thinking person and what NM and SH ask us to believe defies logic.
* After typing all that what NM asks us to believe happened in BW's attempted kidnap defies logic too....so idk

Well alot of literature digestion over the weekend I can see. Going thru this week's testimonies.
I can already say both NM & SH have got many missing/omitted gaps in their's.
So am gonna use Beesknees wonderful online resource to make the reading more brain friendly.
Ready For Mondays continuation..

Thanks to all for posting tweets. Great job! 😊

A view from the front door would be of the stairs though?

I think it's a view from the living room to the back of the house (looks to me like the fish tank (?) is on the right of the door frame), but there must be a new wall which makes the kitchen narrower, with the cupboard door off to the right, bathroom further down on the right, kitchen further down on the left.

Yes, it looks to me as if the front door opens directly on to the stairs, with the door to the living room on the left. The passage through to the rest of the ground floor seems to lead off the living room. It's clearly not the same plan as the other houses that have been posted, so there may be an upstairs toilet after all.

What I can't quite figure out is the levels. The conservatory seems to be at ground floor level, yet the rear view shows it to be built over a shed, making it first floor level. That agrees with SH talking about "going back up".

Yes, it looks to me as if the front door opens directly on to the stairs, with the door to the living room on the left. The passage through to the rest of the ground floor seems to lead off the living room. It's clearly not the same plan as the other houses that have been posted, so there may be an upstairs toilet after all.

What I can't quite figure out is the levels. The conservatory seems to be at ground floor level, yet the rear view shows it to be built over a shed, making it first floor level. That agrees with SH talking about "going back up".

I think it is/was the same plan apart from a wall has been added making the kitchen smaller and creating the corridor. The external windows all match up with this plan.

A couple of other random things I noticed. They have solar panels. And when you exit the kitchen into the conservatory you have to go up a few steps to get outside. The different levels are strange, it must be on a steep hill. My friend has a house that is level at the front door but there are a dozen steps down from the back door. It's not a particularly big house either.

I also don't get the lack of 'child' other than Rabbit feeding. She was only 2 and we all know how active and time consuming toddlers can be. That for me is the most tragic part, besides poor Becky, there are MANY victims from this crime. I'ts all very sad and sadly starting to be all too familiar!

I'm also puzzled by the lack of mention of their child - if you were only reading the news reports you'd hardly know they had one. I wonder if there's been some kind of agreement that they'd mention her as little as possible to protect her? Or is it the journalists who are omitting any reference to her?

It makes no sense that she wouldn't mention the child being with her when she went outside, as it would only have helped her.

I'm searching Rightmove for similar houses. There are 2 further down the street (no 6 & 8 I think) then the little roads that branch off Crown Hill (Naseby Walk and Crown Hill Walk) have the same type looking at the fronts of them.

It's a 3 bed semi, probably a common design in the immediate area, but I can't find one that's been for sale recently. Has anyone managed to sketch anything based on the photos we've seen?
They are all social housing which probably explains why non have been sold - they aren't that old either

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member