GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, forgot about that, good explanation though.

Interestingly though NM says he can't remember if she asked what the stuff was for but "if she had, I would have lied"

The prosecution has already alleged that the pair shopped together for rubble sacks, tape and a sponge in Bristol city centre three days after Becky went missing.
But in his second prepared statement, Matthews said he did not tell Hoare "the real reason" for buying them.
He added: "I can't remember if she asked, but if she did I would have lied."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/61...rial-court-stepbrother-police-interview-video

Morning all, just marking my spot for today and going to try and check the right box so that I dont get logged out all the time

I had to sleep on it. :p It's more difficult than I thought, but this one would be of interest to me.

I would ask SH if NM offered an explanation for going to Asda in Bedminister on 21 Feb to purchase these items 'various bleach-related cleaning products', black bags, rubble sacks, rubber gloves and three rolls of cling film, then the following day 22 Feb, go to Wilko in Broadmead buying more rubble sacks, tape and sponge, and then travelling on to Sainsbury's in Brislington to purchase more tape?

RSBM purely to make shorter.

And thanks to Cagney for original Q to us all.

Would any of these questions help? ( TBH , the answers are evidentially useless and can only raise further doubt in jury's mind which in itself is not a basis for conviction....)

1. IDK if SH has a current or recent SWorker*, am presuming she may,thus why did she not access SServices/discuss with SW in respect of feeling trapped in a terrifying reln. And was was a threat to her safety and consequently a risk to her daughter.
2. How many days she couldn't use the toilet, where the toilet bucket was emptied to her knowledge, how could NM empty the bucket down the loo if the toilet was blocked.( Ditto IDK Child's potty use -child's age then ?)
3. What they were arguing about 30 mins as per Webb and how Webb can think they were very so quiet/absent neighbours in light of her claims of a terrifying, violent man.
4. What was her reaction to NM buying her her own stun-gun and what reason did NM give SH regarding her need for it/it's purpose. Did she feel it was a safe item to have around the bedroom as torch in view of her toddler?
5. when she gave NM the ultimatum on the house hoard clearing , what was her specific threat?
6. What she explained to her mum about the sudden prolonged visits after a 2 year absence.
7. Which friend did you plan your escape from Nathan with and specific details of that.
8. What reason she explained to her mum about the sudden prolonged visits after a 2 year absence. And did she discuss her fears and need to escape from NM with mum, who clearly welcomed her back?
9. Who/when turned the music off in Becky's bedroom. As she was outside how come she heard nothing from BW's bedroom considering the struggle as per pathologist's bruise count etc
10. Why send texts to NM about seeing pretty teens, feeding his fetish, when u were pressured to have threesomes.
11. Which room hoards was NM about to clear and how did the 5 rolls of cling film assist with their clearing?
12. Detail about the sawing noises and her perception of what specifically he was doing with a circular saw in trying to unblock a toilet? ( Someone mentioned 2 loos at CML though, not sure if that is correct.)
13.Simple things to get her flustered such as the why no remark to nathan about becky stomping out?

She was asked about these purchases. Her response was that she thought he had finally decided to clear out his hoards of stuff. She didn't question the purchases because "she wanted it so much" or words to that effect. She also said they intended to buy packing boxes at Asda but forgot.

ETA Here you go from 26th Oct

Siobhan RobbinsVerified account ‏@SiobhanRobbins Oct 26
SH being asked about trip to 99p shop. Says didn't remember NM picking up rubble sacks etc but didn't question it.

Says doesn't remember touching them.Being asked about heavy duty sponge,says can't remember it but assumed it was for cleaning.

Says that they were gonna go to Asda to get packing boxes but forgot.She says was gonna pack stuff wanted to keep and store.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · Oct 26
It is just 'really bad timing' they were buying cleaning supplies and had planned to sort the house when #beckywatts had disappeared.

Having looked at the clutter filling the house - it all seems to be large items, so I'm not sure bin bags and rubble sacks would have been any use? So many of the items would have filled a bag on their own, others wouldn't have even fit in a bag. So what would be the point? Surely the first step would be to hire a skip?

And you wouldn't need sponge and bleach for clearing out that stuff, the cleaning would come days, if not weeks later, after all the junk had been removed.

Having looked at the clutter filling the house - it all seems to be large items, so I'm not sure bin bags and rubble sacks would have been any use? So many of the items would have filled a bag on their own, others wouldn't have even fit in a bag. So what would be the point? Surely the first step would be to hire a skip?

And you wouldn't need sponge and bleach for clearing out that stuff, the cleaning would come days, if not weeks later, after all the junk had been removed.

I am convinced that some of those items were brought into the house from the garden to try and impede or delay the inevitable routine missing person search.

I am convinced that some of those items were brought into the house from the garden to try and impede or delay the inevitable routine missing person search.

garden.jpg

I'm not convinced. Look at the grass. Lots of it is still green and even the dead grass looks like it has dried out evenly due to exposure to the sun. The dead grass isn't squashed at all, its growing upright which suggests it hasn't had objects on top of it before.

Normally if things are left on the grass for a period of days if not weeks, then then grass completely dies, or goes mushy and discoloured. That's what I've always had happen if I've left a paddling pool out for a long time, or the children have had tents up, or built dens on the grass and kept it covered up for some time.

If they had been in the garden, they would be dirtier than they appear in the photos.
:idea: Perhaps that's what the cleaning stuff was bought for?

If they had been in the garden, they would be dirtier than they appear in the photos.
:idea: Perhaps that's what the cleaning stuff was bought for?

What I find bizarre is that despite buying all those bin bags and despite knowing that the police were going to do a search, neither of them picked up the empty sweet packets on the landing, the tuna and yoghurt pots in the bathroom and the rubbish on the stairs and in the sink!

That isn't hoarded clutter, that is general household waste, so there is no reason why SH couldn't have dealt with that.

Even if completely innocent, who wouldn't have tried to have made a better impression by at least getting rid of the rubbish lying around the house and maybe doing the dirty dishes?

What I find bizarre is that despite buying all those bin bags and despite knowing that the police were going to do a search, neither of them picked up the empty sweet packets on the landing, the tuna and yoghurt pots in the bathroom and the rubbish on the stairs and in the sink!

That isn't hoarded clutter, that is general household waste, so there is no reason why SH couldn't have dealt with that.

Even if completely innocent, who wouldn't have tried to have made a better impression by at least getting rid of the rubbish lying around the house and maybe doing the dirty dishes?

Maybe, she just gave up entirely because nothing she did made any difference. How they could have ended up with 3 children living there boggles the mind.
NM wasted too much time obsessing over Becky instead of sorting himself out. JMO

'...who wouldn't have tried to have made a better impression by at least getting rid of the rubbish lying around the house and maybe doing the dirty dishes?'

Someone porkie and lazy whose purpose in life seems to be 'dragging the arse' doing nothing through the days, months and years.

This couple is a disgrace. So young and so useless in life...

I mentioned the tuna tin and yoghurt pot yesterday, I think , on the basis that, if the oven/microwave were not in the bathroom on Feb 24, but were put there ( or put back there ) later, then the tin and pot must have been added after that time, due to their position in the room.
Which indicates a person ( or people ) who are habitually messy and just drop items wherever they are standing as soon as they are done with it.

I mentioned the tuna tin and yoghurt pot yesterday, I think , on the basis that, if the oven/microwave were not in the bathroom on Feb 24, but were put there ( or put back there ) later, then the tin and pot must have been added after that time, due to their position in the room.
Which indicates a person ( or people ) who are habitually messy and just drop items wherever they are standing as soon as they are done with it.

Is it just me or is eating in a bathroom just a gross thing to do??

Just a thought, Mods, but if you're unable to verify Retribution before this trial ends could we possibly have a Parking Lot thread for Becky? I saw this happen in another case recently (Kyrian Knox) when the speculation got too much. Pretty please?

TBH as greedy and dim as they obviously are I feel some pity for JaydeneP and her boyf K.D that they got suckered into this for some easy money. It seems that they soon after suspected the contents of the packs and no doubt deeply regret not contacting police as soon as the penny dropped!)

RSBM

I agree to a degree but, if they did have doubts at any stage, and I'm sure they realise now, they should have cut their losses and gone straight to the police about it. Far better to have owned up to the police that they thought they were hiding stolen goods for him but now after everything that is happening, we're not so sure, please come and and have a look.
There is a saying, watch the company you keep and if you follow that and stay on the straight and narrow, you shouldn't go far wrong in life. They've learnt that the hardest way. I think I read recently that there are new tenants in their house, don't know how true that is but if so, they've lost their home, risk a prison sentence and their characters have been sullied with a horrific crime and thrust in to the lime light. All for the temptation of easy money that they would probably never have received.

Retribution, you are in a very difficult position.

If I were you I would continue to post but make it clear that you are posting your own 'supported' views on what has already been disclosed in court and the news reports. You don't have to say why or how you formulated those views. I don't think you can be faulted for doing that or be seen to be breaking any rules.

Just a thought, Mods, but if you're unable to verify Retribution before this trial ends could we possibly have a Parking Lot thread for Becky? I saw this happen in another case recently (Kyrian Knox) when the speculation got too much. Pretty please?

ooh, what is that?

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 56 secs57 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare is back in the witness box ready to answer more questions from her lawyer. #beckywatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove