Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 46 secs47 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare is back at the witness box, wearing a black suit and blue and white striped shirt. #beckywatts

It's an area of the forum that only members can see (unlike this thread which can be read by anybody) and it's also known as "downstairs". There's not a huge amount going on down there so you've not missed anything, but a secondary thread for this case would be mighty useful right now as we could discuss things more freely. Can someone link it?

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 46 secs47 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare resumes her evidence at Bristol crown court, she denies all the charges she faces relating to the death of Becky Watts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 33 secs34 seconds ago
After NM told her the toilet was blocked SH says on one occasion she had to use a red bucket #beckywatts

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 47 secs48 seconds ago
SH tells court she had to use a red Lego bucket as a toilet after she returned from Becky's home on February 19 as told toilet was blocked.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 24 secs24 seconds ago
SH says on the Saturday [after #beckywatts was killed] the pair went to Asda, to buy “general food and household stuff”

After NM told her the toilet was blocked SH says on one occasion she had to use a red bucket #beckywatts

SH tells court she had to use a red Lego bucket as a toilet after she returned from Becky's home on February 19 as told toilet was blocked.

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE ask if there's a downstairs loo!

I lived in Bristol for six months about 11 yrs ago, before we moved out to be a bit more rural, but we were fairly central, so nowhere nr Barton Hill or St George. So sorry, I have no idea about CCTV! I would assume they would have cameras in high-crime areas - car crime especially is very high in Bristol.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 40 secs41 seconds ago
SH says food was bought, as well as bleach, bin bags, flea powder, and clingfilm – most of the items selected by Matthews #beckywatts

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 29 secs30 seconds ago
SH says Nathan Matthews was "slightly happier than he usually was" when he bought bleach, bin bags and cling film at Asda on Feb 21.

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 24 secs25 seconds ago
SH says it was Nathan Matthews who bought the bleach, bin bags, cling film etc on their shopping trip to Asda after Becky Watts was killed

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 32 secs32 seconds ago
SH says nothing was unusual about the shopping trip - describing Matthews was “slightly more happy” than he usually was. #beckywatts

It is more open at CML than Crown Hill. However, there are only a handful of houses there - I dont think its a busy residential area.
So, NM opens the front door at CML, then goes back to boot to collect body, already wrapped in duvet cover. He could also have got another kind of cover from the house to put over the duvet cover partially - bin liner, something black ?
It is a matter of yards, could be done in seconds. I know its a risk, but so is the car sitting outside Crown Hill with a body in the boot for the whole day.

And, as someone said on the previous thread, possibly both NM and SH returned to CML during that 1.5 hours ( if they did of course ) because to leave SH at the house, might look odd, later on, when police are checking and their evidence says Becky departed the house, and then it is known that NM departed soon after.
Also, SH could act as more of a screen block if NM is carrying the body inside.
Apologies if it's been commented on as I'm still catching up but Aiken Street and Cotton Mill Lane are actually pretty busy

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 32 secs32 seconds ago
SH says nothing was unusual about the shopping trip - describing Matthews was “slightly more happy” than he usually was. #beckywatts

hmmmmm :thinking:

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 57 secs58 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare remembers Nathan Matthews telling her that he would be using a circular saw in the bathroom to sort out a plumbing problem

BIB
But, I thought NM told the court he didnt move Becky's body into the house until the night of Feb 19, after SH had gone to sleep ? so why was the toilet already blocked ?

Siobhan Robbins from Twitter08 Oct

When police got to Southmead, DC French spoke to NM.DC French asked about his relationship with Becky, when he'd last seen her etc

Reply on TwitterRetweetFavorite

DC French not satisfied, in the end they agreed to meet outside another address in Southmead.NM said could only speak for short time

NM said couldn't come back that night as due to go out for a meal.DC Clare French insistent wanted to speak to them.Said couldn't come back

DC French giving evidence re:23/2 spoke to NM on speakerphone said wanted to speak to him re:Becky & to search property. NM said couldn't

Read from bottom up for correct order. This is just to clarify where police spoke to NM and SH when they couldn't gain access to CML on 23rd Feb.

SH's mother/stepfather also recalled NM and SH leaving their address in Southmead on foot to go to job interviews; I assume these were the voluntary police interviews can't find the link at the moment - was sure it was Bristol Post

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 48 secs49 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare says she remembers hearing Nathan Matthews using the circular saw for "15 maybe 20 minutes"

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 48 secs49 seconds ago
SH says NM just explained he needed to fix the toilet, and needed to cut some pipe - using the circular saw for 15 to 20 minutes #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 38 secs39 seconds ago
SH: "I didn’t hear a metallic sound, but I wasn’t paying much attention to it." #beckywatts

BIB
But, I thought NM told the court he didnt move Becky's body into the house until the night of Feb 19, after SH had gone to sleep ? so why was the toilet already blocked ?

maybe she means the 20th, or its been misreported.

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 37 secs38 seconds ago
On another shopping trip Shauna Hoare remembers asking why Nathan Matthews was buying so much tape

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 32 secs33 seconds ago
SH tells court that on Feb 22 she heard Nathan Matthews using a saw in their bathroom for 15-20 minutes. He told her he was cutting pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member