GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alleged rape victim, surely? Is there any proof this event happened?

Just what i was thinking . It's been reported that she was a liar and a fantasist even at that age, so unless they have proof that she actually was raped they may as well have thrown in her other claims of having had leukemia and a teenage pregnancy in too.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 26 secs27 seconds ago
In the public gallery Becky's dad is holding hands with his wife - who is Nathan Matthews' mother.

I'm torn with this one because, it depends on how involved TW was in Becky's upbringing. It's one thing to be a step parent and another to be a step-parent who is actually raising a child day and night for over a decade.

My own ex husband can barely fit our children in since he remarried (they have no children at all) and if anything happened to them (my kids) my thoughts would be 'you couldn't be bothered when they were alive so why should you get preferential treatment now' .. but eeek! It's all just too complex, step families and estranged relatives and multiple families can cause chaos at any social occasion never mind this awful situation :(

Reading her impact statement, I think its clear that she was still very much around for Becky. I'm sure Becky used to go there a lot, with her best friend, for meals, to collect her pocket money and so on.

Becky's mum has written a very poignant statment, which is one of the most heart-breaking I have ever read. This lady was close to her daughter, there is no doubt about that, for me. Maybe she was unable to have custody of her children for some reason, but I really don't get the impression Becky and her brother were abandoned by their mum, like SH was.

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 12 secs13 seconds ago
Judge: this is not a case for a whole life sentence

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 22 secs23 seconds ago
There will not be a whole life order for Nathan Matthews

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 40 secs41 seconds ago
Judge says although this crime is "terrible" he will not give Nathan Matthews a whole life sentence (with no chance of parole).

Ah nooooo, Judge says not a case for Whole of LIfe !!!!

Sky news have just said the judge has just said it's NOT a whole life sentence case?!

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 12 secs13 seconds ago
Judge: this is not a case for a whole life sentence

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 22 secs23 seconds ago
There will not be a whole life order for Nathan Matthews

:( Damn!

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 8 secs8 seconds ago
Breaking: Nathan Matthews sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum term of 33
years after being found guilty of murdering #beckywatts

NO full life sentance. Here comes the disappointment :(

Out when he's 60 odd. Pfffft.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 15 secs15 seconds ago
BREAKING: Life imprisonment - minimum 33 years - Nathan Matthews #beckywatts

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 28 secs28 seconds ago
BREAKING: Nathan Matthews stands to be told he is sentenced to life in jail, minimum 33 years. Judge says he may never be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3