GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you re dealing with the facts, however, I'm not sure we have been presented with any actual facts regarding this alleged rape?

But the court must have no? Like NM's fibro and SH's pregnancy, JI's autism/ADHD. It will have had to be verified legally, right?

And we have NM/SH to thank for that as they managed to conceal virtually all evidence of SH's involvement in the act itself.

In my whole-hearted belief that SH was completely and directly involved in every aspect of what happened to Becky, it is THIS that I can not, for the life of me, understand. Utterly unbelievable.

Oh gggrrr again, just read that they are unlikely to face the other charges ! ( the *advertiser censored* ones I think it means ) and they will be allowed to lie on file

I agree with you re dealing with the facts, however, I'm not sure we have been presented with any actual facts regarding this alleged rape?
I don't think a judge would mention it in a factual way, waiving anonymity etc if it wasn't a fact.

They are still waiting to be charged and sentenced on the *advertiser censored* etc charges though aren't they??

I just hope the sentences for those will not be concurrent.

ETA NOOOOOO .... Alyce just seen your post above. Where did you read this ? FGS.

THE SENTENCE - SHAUNA HOARE

Shauna Hoare, the girlfriend of Becky Watt's stepbrother Nathan Matthews, has been sentenced to for the teen's manslaughter.

Hoare was acquitted of Becky's murder but convicted of kidnap and manslaughter.

Conspiracy to kidnap - 10 years to run concurrently
Manslaughter - 17 years
Perverting the course of justice - 2 years to run concurrently
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts - 3 years to run concurrently
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns - 2 years to run concurrently

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update...17-years-for-the-manslaughter-of-becky-watts/

In my whole-hearted belief that SH was completely and directly involved in every aspect of what happened to Becky, it is THIS that I can not, for the life of me, understand. Utterly unbelievable.
They had a lot of time to cover their tracks. They had a lot of time to destroy evidence. They had a lot of time to agree and practice their story.

Be thankful that she has been convicted. If the decision had been made on forensic evidence alone she would have walked away from this.

Thoughts are with the jury too, I hope they all have a big fat glass of wine tonight and are able to move on from this. Must have been an awful few weeks.

But the court must have no? Like NM's fibro and SH's pregnancy, JI's autism/ADHD. It will have had to be verified legally, right?

I don't know. Was it ever referred to as a rape? I am trying to remember how it came into the evidence. From what I can remember, didn't SH first mention it in a police interview, along the lines of saying she couldn't possibly have been involved in a sexual assault after what had happened to her ..... before it was ever mentioned or established what had happened to Becky?

I'm sure her defence could allude to a rape she claimed had happened, even if it wasn't verified. After all, they referred to no end of made up stuff when defending both SH and NM, using their own stories!

I never said she wasn't pregnant this time!

You have absolutely no way of knowing for certain she was raped so you are not dealing with facts at all, so all you are doing is forming your own opinion just like everybody else!
I agree. There have been many trials where the judge brings up the accused claims of being sexually or physically abused as a child. It is accepted even though no trial took place for those offences, the court has to take it at face value.

Shauna Hoare, the girlfriend of Becky Watt's stepbrother Nathan Matthews, has been sentenced to for the teen's manslaughter.

Manslaughter - 17 years
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns - 2 years to run concurrently

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update...17-years-for-the-manslaughter-of-becky-watts/

I've never understood why sentences always seem to run concurrently. Why is this? Why shouldn't they be punished for each and every crime?

I don't think a judge would mention it in a factual way, waiving anonymity etc if it wasn't a fact.

I was just having a look at the details of the right of rape victims to anonymity, and found this on the CPS website:

The victim in a case of rape or one of the sexual offences listed in the 1992 Act is entitled to 'anonymity' in the press. Once an allegation of one of the relevant offences has been made, nothing can be published which is likely to lead members of the public to identify the victim.

So for SH to have a legal right to anonymity, a rape allegation against someone must at least have been made, and for the judge to state as fact that she'd been raped I think someone must have been convicted. I don't think he'd say that if charges had never been brought or the person had been acquitted.

The press won't have reported on it as, well, she had a right to anonymity!

They had a lot of time to cover their tracks. They had a lot of time to destroy evidence. They had a lot of time to agree and practice their story.

Be thankful that she has been convicted. If the decision had been made on forensic evidence alone she would have walked away from this.

I agree, partners in crime are always the most successful, covering for each other etc.

Not if nobody was ever convicted. All they can verify is that she reported being raped. She may have been , she may not have been.

I don't know. Was it ever referred to as a rape? I am trying to remember how it came into the evidence. From what I can remember, didn't SH first mention it in a police interview, along the lines of saying she couldn't possibly have been involved in a sexual assault after what had happened to her ..... before it was ever mentioned or established what had happened to Becky?

I'm sure her defence could alluded to a rape she claimed had happened, even if it wasn't verified. After all, they referred to know end of made up stuff when defending both SH and NM, using their own stories!

Yeah, idk it's so confusing. I thought they used the word 'attacked' too, which doesn't necessarily mean raped.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.
But was hoping they would tack more time on her sentence with the other charges after they did find her quilty of man slaughter. But no...
:sigh:

THE SENTENCE - SHAUNA HOARE

Manslaughter - 17 years

Hmm interesting that SH got separate penalties for some charges but NM didnt

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members