GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you retribution, your posts have clarified what I thought from the very first appeal. There was something in Becky's grandma Pat's eyes and gesture that she was repulsed by Darren but has never disclosed this. Your posts are highly valued and hope you choose to stay onboard especially as NM/SH have both put new appeals in.

My perspective on money/foundation is that myself (locally) and hundreds of people worldwide contributed to a vast amount raised. Little Goodie two shoes (SB) used it to turn the funeral into a big fiasco, wasting kind donations on unnecessary accessories and show items. Only my opinion of course from a usually silent onlooker ;)

Would that include a new outfit for every day of the trial? :wink:

Just started reading the book. Confused as to whether it's Darren's autobiography or about Becky. Me, me, me.

I ended up reading the book too after saying I wouldn't and I have to say it's very self indulgent. I didn't think Darren actually spoke that badly about Becky's mum Tanya thou, I thought that bit was probably alot softer than maybe he wanted it to be given the social media comments.
I agree too that to the outside it definitely does look like some of the extended family jumped on the bandwagon but I can imagine there was probably a bit of god that's our niece/cousin and we didn't even know her, doesn't look good, feel guilty better rally round Darren sort of thing went through their minds. In some ways that's probably what Darren needed.

Just started reading the book. Confused as to whether it's Darren's autobiography or about Becky. Me, me, me.
Yup! It doesn't get any better I'm afraid! As it wasn't Darren that actually wrote it, it was a Ghost writer who obviously had to sit listening to his narcissistic waffle, it's clear to see that he likes the sound of his own voice!
It riles me no end that he is making beer money from Becky's death while his son is struggling and he can do nothing but publicly belittle him.

Well there's supposed to be another book. AND maybe a film deal. I guess it's probably only a film for TV. But even so. .....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well there's supposed to be another book. AND maybe a film deal. I guess it's probably only a film for TV. But even so. .....

ANOTHER book? From Darren?

ANOTHER book? From Darren?
Yeah. So I'm led to believe. I think he said it's going to cover him and Anjii's relationship. Also the children as younger brothers n sisters. N how life continues for him n Anjii on a day to day basis.
It was in one of papers that serialised snippets from the book that's out now if I recall.

Yeah. So I'm led to believe. I think he said it's going to cover him and Anjii's relationship. Also the children as younger brothers n sisters. N how life continues for him n Anjii on a day to day basis.
It was in one of papers that serialised snippets from the book that's out now if I recall.

Ooh so ... just more about Darren and Anji then! ;)

Haha yep nothing new there I hear ya whisper 😂

I'm still wondering what they're gonna fill a film full of..... ohhh silly me.... Anjii n Darren.

You know until Retribution (bless her heart) filled us in with the dynamics of the family. I really did think they were a huge family orientated bunch. Standing shoulder to shoulder as their slogan said. I never for a minute thought that many of them didn't really know Becky. Or that much of the family lived and moved in their own lil circles.
And seeing Darren vent out over many of Dans posts on fb. That sweet young man is forever gonna be hard pressed to celebrate his birthday. That must play on his mind awfully. Being it was the day Becky died.
I'm glad he's close to his mom. Together they'll have more strength.
But really. It's very hurtful the comments Darren has made to him and his Tanya.
So sad.. even now a year on.

Thank you retribution, your posts have clarified what I thought from the very first appeal. There was something in Becky's grandma Pat's eyes and gesture that she was repulsed by Darren but has never disclosed this. Your posts are highly valued and hope you choose to stay onboard especially as NM/SH have both put new appeals in.

My perspective on money/foundation is that myself (locally) and hundreds of people worldwide contributed to a vast amount raised. Little Goodie two shoes (SB) used it to turn the funeral into a big fiasco, wasting kind donations on unnecessary accessories and show items. Only my opinion of course from a usually silent onlooker ;)

Hi Im glad somebody else local has voiced on here what many of the locals are voicing " on the streets" as it were... Many people donated, only to end up annoyed at the way their money ( and a lot of the donators could ill afford it) was being used. Booze ups at the Labour Club, a funeral that was more for the show ( and benefit of SB, so she could be praised for her organization of it..) .than out of love for Becky.

3 weeks ago a huge argument ensued after a friend of the family turned on them concerning money. The friend was appalled that money that was supposed to be put into some type of charity in Beckys name was intending to be used to finance a Holiday for many of the extended family together. This was money donated by many locals, possibly yourself? There were also questions being asked about a promise Darren had made to donate money to a bereavement charity, but had not followed through with.
People were already starting to get annoyed at the constant throwing of big parties at the club, and voicing it. The talk of the holiday was the final straw and the "friend" fronted Darren about how uncomfortable people were feeling. SB went to the friends home and, well, it did get quite aggressive. Many things then came out...

Im not saying this is why this money has suddenly been handed over to a bereavement charity, but it wouldnt surprise me if this isnt to placate the ever-growing numbers of people feeling disgusted, and making a noise about it. There has been a LOT of money raised, and of course money made from Darrens book, so its a drop in the ocean.

I mentioned a while ago about the 2nd book Darren is planning on "writing". It will be about his life with Anji, how the case has affected her MS, how theyve dealt with the trial together and how much stronger its made them as a couple. Why anyone would be interested in reading that is beyond me, but Darren seems to think it will fly off the shelves...he sees himself as a celebrity now and thinks people will lap it up.

The film is supposed to be about his life bringing Becky and Dan up, up until the murder, and about the trial. How this will happen now after his public shunning of Dan is anyones guess, but if Darren can put a spin on it to show himself as the victim, Im sure he will.

<modsnip>

Thanks Retibution, good to know you can still let off a bit of steam here. It sounds as though you've done the right thing distancing yourself from that bunch, I'm sure they have lost many other friends along the way.

Have you heard how Dan is doing, and Tanya? I think we here are more concerned by their feelings than anyone elses.

I'm a bit confused and can't remember where I read it but did the aunt and uncle not actually know Becky?

Finished the book. It was just bizarre.

I'm a bit confused and can't remember where I read it but did the aunt and uncle not actually know Becky?

Finished the book. It was just bizarre.
Apparently, most of Darrens side of the family, his half siblings, other daughter/daughters? hadn't met Becky in the 16 years she was alive ...

So what about this auntie that is potrayed as a saint? Is it Sarah?
Pretty sure she'd not met her, this 'shoulder to Shoulder close loving family' thing only came about after Becky went 'missing' ... Retribution is the best person to ask ;)

Glad I'm not the only one to have a dislike of SB... no doubt we'll probably see her on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" or "big brother"... haha. The way that the Galsworthy side of the family have dealt with this tragedy is bizarre, it has been very public... and the public dressing down of Tanyas mothering skills is appalling.. some things really shouldn't be put out there for all and sundry to see. I noticed whilst sleuthing on FB that somebody (not naming any names) made reference to all the money DG has now and how he isn't helping his son or anything.

I appreciate they probably aren't the brightest of the bunch but surely after having to go through such an ordeal you would of thought that they'd try and stick together as a family and heal, not chase celebrity notoriety..

The whole thing is bizarre... so utterly bizarre. I genuinely do sympathise with DG and AG for what happened, but the way they've carried on is so transparent and flimsy and in my eyes it'll do nothing except turn people against them.

All my own opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member