DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info from uk & Eire

Shaunas sentence is not minimum - So she could be free after 8.5 years

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

17 years! Not long enough by any stretch of the imagination!!

Judge's voice breaks with emotion as he finishes sentencing

And there it is.

He could be out at 61, her 40

It ain't right

:stormingmad:

The thought that these pair could do what they did and one day walk free is absolutely sickening.

And with SH, I'd at least hoped that she would be too old to have any further children when she left prison but she'll be in her thirties at most. How bloody sad

SH could be out in 8 n half! Shocking shocking shocking

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 8 secs9 seconds ago
BREAKING: Judge Dingemans' voice faltered and he started to sob as he praised dignity of Becky's family while sentencing Matthews and Hoare.

Shauna's, at least, is longer than I was expecting. The standard for determinate sentences (as this is) is that they serve half in prison and half on parole.

Darren Little ‏@DarrenLittleSky 2m2 minutes ago

Judge's voice breaks with emotion as he finishes sentencing

This is what I don't understand about our justice system. A 17 year sentence should be just that, not halved! And life should mean life.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 19 secs19 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews a minimum of 33 years for murder, 17 years for Shauna Hoare for manslaughter

It's not been reported as fact though has it? Just someone who may have gone to the same school/lived in same place etc wanting 5 seconds of fame ... I dont believe anything the tabloids report.

Quite. I imagine the fact the judge used the rape example in his summing up is because it is documented as having actually happened.

Shauna's, at least, is longer than I was expecting. The standard for determinate sentences (as this is) is that they serve half in prison and half on parole.
Let's not forget in either case they may not be granted parole when the time comes...they'd have a lot of work to do

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 25 secs26 seconds ago
I've never seen a judge become emotional in court like that before. Judge Dingemans' eyes filled up and he had to stop talking.

I'm heartbroken for Becky and her family at the sentences. They have taken a life. The life of a beautiful young lady. A family has been ripped apart. I have no words, I feel broken about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx