GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 17 years SHs daughter will be around 20 and she my have to face the fact her daughter will likely not want anything to do with her. So her punishment will continue in some form but not nearly enough imo.

So, so terribly sad. Maybe NM won't ever get out...here's to hoping that's the case. As for SH, the master manipulator ice queen deviant, the idea that she'll be out and about in a minimum of 8 years makes me furious.

Family statement will be live on sky

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I don't think NM will ever get out so don't have an issue with his sentence. I think he will either kill himself or just won't get parole when the time comes.

What about the long list of other charges ?

Are they only sentenced on the main crime then. Perverting the cause of Justice carries possible Life on it's own?

I don't understand. SH has got off far too lightly and I am very angry.

This isn't going down well with the GBP, twitter is already up in arms

NM will be in his early 60's at the earliest when released. His child(ren) will be grown up and presumably won't have had anything to do with him. His mum, if still around will be in her 80's, as will DG. I think, when looking at the sentence in that respect, it makes it a bit easier to bear. He is loosing all the best years of his life, and his family will have all moved on. He won't have anything to come out to. He'll have no friends, no connections and will probably end up on benefits for the rest of his life, living in a hostel or similar. Becky's brother and other young relatives will still be alive and around to ensure the public know who he is, and what he did. He won't have any peace. His life is as good as over really. Its not as bad as what Becky suffered, but lets face it, he won't really have much to look forward to on release - if, indeed, he is released.

I'm more worried by SH's sentence. She will be released whilst her child still has some growing up to do. I just hope there are legal things in place to stop any contact.

Richard Payne ‏@richardpayneitv · 33s33 seconds ago
#beckywatts family crying and hugging outside courtroom. Huge numbers of supporters now leaving court.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 19 secs20 seconds ago
Hugs and tears amongst #beckywatts family inside and outside court as Nathan Matthews sent to prison for minimum 33 years

In 17 years SHs daughter will be around 20 and she my have to face the fact her daughter will likely not want anything to do with her. So her punishment will continue in some form but not nearly enough imo.
Does she really look like she cares about anyone other than her self?

The judge appears to have said that he's sure that NM intended to kill Becky (rather than cause her really serious bodily harm) and that the kidnap was sexually motivated. On his own account, I believe it would have met the definition of sadistic (he hated Becky and wanted to terrorise her) I don't see any material difference between this and Jamie Reynolds (whole life order). Premeditation may have come into it but realistically, even if the abduction had "succeeded" on their supposed terms, would they have let her live to tell the tale?

I agree, and she will go on to have more children, the cycle continues. :(

Well. SH will be young enough when she comes out to live a very long life. How she lives it, who knows. Where will she live it? Will she be protected like Maxine Carr? Whatever happens, at least her family won't have to live with the image of her body being sliced up and chucked in rubbish bags. That image for Becky's family will last longer than any 'life' sentence.

Thank god the lynch mobs wield no actual power. It's sickening to read posts on the UK & Eire FB feed with people baying for blood and saying they'd like to stamp on NM's head with their stiletto until he bleeds to death. WTAF is wrong with people, can they not see the irony in their behaviour?

I am so grateful I live in a country where there is a robust, accountable legal system which ISN'T run by idiots waving pitchforks.

Surely she needs to be sentenced for the other charges?

It's not been reported as fact though has it? Just someone who may have gone to the same school/lived in same place etc wanting 5 seconds of fame ... I dont believe anything the tabloids report.

I said "It's been reported". You're welcome to your point of view. She's now a proven liar. She lied her backside off in police interviews and in court, but if you believe she isn't capable of lying about having leukemia or being pregnant fair enough.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 1 min1 minute ago
That was an extraordinary courtroom moment to witness. The judge and Becky's family all emotional as sentences passed.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 26 secs27 seconds ago
And yet no discernible emotion from Matthews and Hoare

Just what i was thinking . It's been reported that she was a liar and a fantasist even at that age, so unless they have proof that she actually was raped they may as well have thrown in her other claims of having had leukemia and a teenage pregnancy in too.

I don't think it helps anyone to question whether she was telling the truth about being raped at 13, even if she is a fantasist. We don't know the background to this so can we just take it at face value? There may have been a court case for all we know - the fact that she has 'waived her right to anonymity' suggests to me that there was.

She was a child herself when it allegedly happened, and by all accounts had a rotten life up until that point. Regardless of what she may or may not have done now let's not diminish the impact this would have on a 13 year old girl.

An even worse thought , to me, is that in 8.5 years her daughter will be 12 - just coming up to the age that her parents seem to prefer !

This isn't going down well with the GBP, twitter is already up in arms

Yeah, I'm going to actively avoid tabloid comments. Only so many morons saying 'shud be 'ung!' posts I can tolerate.

What about the long list of other charges ?

Are they only sentenced on the main crime then. Perverting the cause of Justice carries possible Life on it's own?

I don't understand. SH has got off far too lightly and I am very angry.

Right! What about the other charges?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member