GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god the lynch mobs wield no actual power. It's sickening to read posts on the UK & Eire FB feed with people baying for blood and saying they'd like to stamp on NM's head with their stiletto until he bleeds to death. WTAF is wrong with people, can they not see the irony in their behaviour?

I am so grateful I live in a country where there is a robust, accountable legal system which ISN'T run by idiots waving pitchforks.
I just ignore them. Sometimes people let out their frustration with violent comments but wouldn't hurt a fly. But vigilantes are another story.

You guys should have sent them to this side of the pond for trial. Ack. :(

The jury and trial phase, I think the US judicial system should take notes...the sentences... Smh :thinking: no.
*that is assuming you meant US.
Jmo

So, so terribly sad. Maybe NM won't ever get out...here's to hoping that's the case. As for SH, the master manipulator ice queen deviant, the idea that she'll be out and about in a minimum of 8 years makes me furious.

And we have NM/SH to thank for that as they managed to conceal virtually all evidence of SH's involvement in the act itself.

You guys should have sent them to this side of the pond for trial. Ack. :(

He got 33 years more than Casey Anthony or the Cummins. He may never get out - she will be forever followed.

The judge appears to have said that he's sure that NM intended to kill Becky (rather than cause her really serious bodily harm) and that the kidnap was sexually motivated. On his own account, I believe it would have met the definition of sadistic (he hated Becky and wanted to terrorise her) I don't see any material difference between this and Jamie Reynolds (whole life order). Premeditation may have come into it but realistically, even if the abduction had "succeeded" on their supposed terms, would they have let her live to tell the tale?

I think Jamie Reynolds was a serious risk to ANY female. In this case, perhaps it was thought that Becky was specifically targeted because she was his step-sister and he was intensely jealous of her. Perhaps the judge thought the kidnap texts regarding other young girls wouldn't have actually been acted upon?

I can't understand it either to be honest, his summing up comments seemed to tick all the boxes he had listed as needing to be ticked for a whole life sentence.

I can't see how this case is any different to that of Mark Bridger?

And with killers like Huntley and the killer of Sara Payne, they received huge sentences - 40 and 50 years iifc. I thought that if NM didn't get a whole life sentence, he'd get the years to ensure he didn't ever get out. I was anticipating at least 40 years for him. I thought around 17 for her, but I thought they would have to be served, all 17 of them.

Does she really look like she cares about anyone other than her self?
FWIW I agree with you to a point, the only emotion she ever showed was in relation to herself so not being able to see her child or have her child potentially let her know she never wants anything to do with her will hurt her imo. I truly hope she doesn't get out in less than 17 years.

The "minor" charges are being rolled into the overall tarriff, rather than as separate concurrent sentences aiui. There may also be more indictments to come.

I want to hear from the family, if they are satisfied then I am. Now I've calmed down lol

I don't think it helps anyone to question whether she was telling the truth about being raped at 13, even if she is a fantasist. We don't know the background to this so can we just take it at face value? There may have been a court case for all we know - the fact that she has 'waived her right to anonymity' suggests to me that there was.

She was a child herself when it allegedly happened, and by all accounts had a rotten life up until that point. Regardless of what she may or may not have done now let's not diminish the impact this would have on a 13 year old girl.

If that was the case, then it seems even worse that she would send texts about kidnapping other young girls, presumably to be raped.

I said "It's been reported". You're welcome to your point of view. She's now a proven liar. She lied her backside off in police interviews and in court, but if you believe she isn't capable of lying about having leukemia or being pregnant fair enough.
I think you know that's not what I said or meant.

She most certainly WAS pregnant this time and as it was the judge who mentioned it, I'm certain that she WAS raped as a child.

I prefer to deal with facts, nothing wrong with that I feel.

I don't think it helps anyone to question whether she was telling the truth about being raped at 13, even if she is a fantasist. We don't know the background to this so can we just take it at face value? There may have been a court case for all we know - the fact that she has 'waived her right to anonymity' suggests to me that there was.

She was a child herself when it allegedly happened, and by all accounts had a rotten life up until that point. Regardless of what she may or may not have done now let's not diminish the impact this would have on a 13 year old girl.

Waivering her right to anonymnity does not mean anybody was ever convicted of the crime.

She has lied in court. She was known as a liar and fantasist at that age. Of course people are going to question whether she lied about being raped too . So please don't attempt to guilt trip those who asked a logical question!

Thank god the lynch mobs wield no actual power. It's sickening to read posts on the UK & Eire FB feed with people baying for blood and saying they'd like to stamp on NM's head with their stiletto until he bleeds to death. WTAF is wrong with people, can they not see the irony in their behaviour?

I am so grateful I live in a country where there is a robust, accountable legal system which ISN'T run by idiots waving pitchforks.

My thoughts exactly iclaudia.

I think Jamie Reynolds was a serious risk to ANY female. In this case, perhaps it was thought that Becky was specifically targeted because she was his step-sister and he was intensely jealous of her. Perhaps the judge thought the kidnap texts regarding other young girls wouldn't have actually been acted upon?

I can't understand it either to be honest, his summing up comments seemed to tick all the boxes he had listed as needing to be ticked for a whole life sentence.

I can't see how this case is any different to that of Mark Bridger?

And with killers like Huntley and the killer of Sara Payne, they received huge sentences - 40 and 50 years iifc. I thought that if NM didn't get a whole life sentence, he'd get the years to ensure he didn't ever get out. I was anticipating at least 40 years for him. I thought around 17 for her, but I thought they would have to be served, all 17 of them.
The primary difference with Bridger is the refusal to reveal where her remains are. That tipped the balance.

I think that in this case the judge had to tread a very careful line. If the sentences were deemed too severe there would be grounds for appeal. I believe he has pushed them as high as he felt was safe without giving them the opportunity to appeal. An appeal would hurt the family even more.

And with SH, I'd at least hoped that she would be too old to have any further children when she left prison but she'll be in her thirties at most. How bloody sad

This was my first thought when I heard that ridiculously short sentence, even if she does the maximum she'll still be young enough to continue breeding when she gets out.

edited due typo!

She most certainly WAS pregnant this time and as it was the judge who mentioned it, I'm certain that she WAS raped as a child.

I prefer to deal with facts, nothing wrong with that I feel.

I never said she wasn't pregnant this time!

You have absolutely no way of knowing for certain she was raped so you are not dealing with facts at all, so all you are doing is forming your own opinion just like everybody else!

I prefer to deal with facts, nothing wrong with that I feel

I agree with you re dealing with the facts, however, I'm not sure we have been presented with any actual facts regarding this alleged rape?

I think what's making it hard for me to accept about SH time given is he fact Becky didn't get the chance to have her own family, it was taken away from her however SH could potentially have another family on release.

The primary difference with Bridger is the refusal to reveal where her remains are. That tipped the balance.

I think that in this case the judge had to tread a very careful line. If the sentences were deemed too severe there would be grounds for appeal. I believe he has pushed them as high as he felt was safe without giving them the opportunity to appeal. An appeal would hurt the family even more.
Yep I think that's exactly the way the judge went...notice how he made a point of saying despite this sentence he may never be freed

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member