GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got to the stage where I can think of nothing to say that stays within terms!

#findbecky on twitter is saying enough...

Really angry that the DM have photographed her boyfriend leaving his home. That is ridiculously inappropriate.

Beyond disturbing from the aerial views to see a child's playhouse in the yard. And now I can see the garbage and junk laying around in people's yards, no, not quaint.

I'm thinking of Rebecca's loved one's at this unbelievably sad time. I can't begin to comprehend what they are going through. It's a truely unexpected outcome of events, from that first article i read about Rebecca's disappearance from her home, to the grim reality of what has unfolded. It really is a frightening world we live in when it's our fellow human beings that we should be wary off the most.

Really angry that the DM have photographed her boyfriend leaving his home. That is ridiculously inappropriate.

They've been pointing the finger at him since day one, it's despicable. He's only a child himself.

I was going to say the same, that poor boy has been through more in the last fortnight than any 17 year old should ever have to go through! Kudos to him for trying to carry on as normal though, he's very brave! Only hope he has a loving and supportive family to help him get through this difficult time.

I feel the same and I thought it really weird that the pictures the family chose for the searches were of a much more sophisticated, made up and confident looking girl than the subsequent images that have been released to the media. Not in ANY way suggesting the family are involved, I think it's just a reflection of how media obsessed we are - i.e. they wanted to use the 'best' photo of her, even if she didn't look like this day to day. JIMO

I think that she looks absolutely beautiful in her bridesmaid pic. So sad that teen girls think that those pouty, too-made-up selfies are an acceptable way to present themselves online. Tacky 'celebrities' and the media have a lot to answer for - what on earth is happening to our kids minds to make them want to be like that? That 'selfie' of Rebecca falls a million miles short of her bridesmaid pic, IMO. Looks like a totally different girl, with a totally different personality.

As for her 'shyness', I know many teens, including my own, who have a kind of social anxiety when amongst adults or in public, making them appear timid and shy, yet are as wild as anything with their mates...only when they are with their mates. Not saying Rebecca was wild, just that I actually think Rebecca was no different to so many teens, a bit timid amongst adults and with strangers, but not particularly shy once breaking the ice with people, IMO.

Jmo.

That's not a Zafira, think its an Insignia or similar

That isn't the same car that the police appealed about x

Your both correct sorry that teaches me to not sit at dinner table on my iPhone looking at google maps just had a better look on laptop and its a Insignia not a people carrier type Zafira, don't i get a point for it been a black vauxhall at least. :shame:

I think that she looks absolutely beautiful in her bridesmaid pic. So sad that teen girls think that those pouty, too-made-up selfies are an acceptable way to present themselves online. Tacky 'celebrities' and the media have a lot to answer for - what on earth is happening to our kids minds to make them want to be like that? That 'selfie' of Rebecca falls a million miles short of her bridesmaid pic, IMO. Looks like a totally different girl, with a totally different personality.

As for her 'shyness', I know many teens, including my own, who have a kind of social anxiety when amongst adults or in public, making them appear timid and shy, yet are as wild as anything with their mates...only when they are with their mates. Not saying Rebecca was wild, just that I actually think Rebecca was no different to so many teens, a bit timid amongst adults and with strangers, but not particularly shy once breaking the ice with people, IMO.

Jmo.

At first I didn't even know it was the same girl. Rebecca had a natural beauty, and you could just see what a nice young girl she was. It really is a shame that kids feel they have to portray themselves as who they really aren't. The video of her eating the rice, acting like any 16 year old would, I can't watch that again, now knowing what some subhumans did to her.

I can't believe how this is turning out. 7 people involved so far! Now I think I understand why so many properties were searched and gardens dug up. My own assumptions is that I bet the two in custody - one of them was talking, but wasn't entirely sure which one of the 7's properties the poor girl was buried at. I am also assuming they want to keep questioning them in hopes of more names or locations. I was really trying to keep my mind open in hopes she was found alive, I never could have imagined this outcome. Terrible news for the family and for her/their friends. I am appreciative the admins are always keeping up with victim friendly because of stories like this. Anyone can be picked apart to look suspicious when looked at close enough.

I wonder if the white van had anything to do with it? That white van is still is on my hinky meter. She might not have ended up transported in it but maybe they were watching her?

I recall someone commenting here early on about a sister/sibling that she didn't really know well but etc ? Anyone else recall that?
That was me - she has posted it on one of the Find rebecca watts Facebook page. Tbh I cannot confirm whether she is or not (and I've spent a long time trying) however it would be a very wierd thing to say of she isn't. She implied, from the way she wrote, the Becky either didn't know her or had little knowledge of her as she spoke directly to becky telling her she was a aunt etc etc. She is a bit older than Becky too -late 20s early 30s

I think she was transported in that black zafira that the police appealed about. They checked the boot then confiscated it. Must have found evidence to suggest she was in there at some point.

If the screenshot of the Facebook post from the aunt is real (the post doesn't appear to still be on her public timeline) then it seems that she has taken the fact that the names are being circulated as the green light to talk.

I doubt she was given the OK to talk about it from the Police, in fact they were probably involved in it being made private or getting it deleted.

It seems that the message has not got through to the family despite their early mistakes. Stop posting on social media, if you say something that compromises the case how are you going to feel?

If the screenshot of the Facebook post from the aunt is real (the post doesn't appear to still be on her public timeline) then it seems that she has taken the fact that the names are being circulated as the green light to talk.

I doubt she was given the OK to talk about it from the Police, in fact they were probably involved in it being made private or getting it deleted.

It seems that the message has not got through to the family despite their early mistakes. Stop posting on social media, if you say something that compromises the case how are you going to feel?
It's probably harder than you think when you're caught up in it

If being named in the media was such a big deal before being charged, would us in the UK know about Adam Johnson?

It's probably harder than you think when you're caught up in it
It's very hard to get it right, in fact it's almost impossible.

For some people it will be extremely hard, especially those that live their lives on social media.

That's why they are best advised to stay away from it and say nothing.

Sometimes in anger/upset people will vent and say what they think or know on social media. Especially as its one of her family members. She's said it for a reason. It's not like it's a randomer, it's an actual family member saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx