GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very hard to get it right, in fact it's almost impossible.

For some people it will be extremely hard, especially those that live their lives on social media.

That's why they are best advised to stay away from it and say nothing.
I agree but they are angry,devastated, hurting etc and it's a place to vent for them. Rightly or wrongly it's their outlet and if,as most of the family seem to, spend a lot of time on social media then it becomes almost second nature

They are probably frustrated that these people haven't been named - they want the world to know who these people are that have done this to this beautiful girl (I know they've not been proven guilty yet)

If being named in the media was such a big deal before being charged, would us in the UK know about Adam Johnson?
It's not forbidden so it does happen, in fact in some cases it may be done deliberately in the hope that witnesses come forward.

In this case it appears that Police had strong reasons to keep the names private for as long as possible.

I'm super confused right now.

and I'm wondering if people are getting the step brother - half brother mixed up.

If it's a step brother, how? And via who?

Why would they do that to her?????

Something my own daughter said today that made me think ... when the police gave the news that the 2 had been arrested he said 'on suspicion of kidnapping' ... is kidnapping a different offence to abduction? As most cases I can recall of late it has said 'abduction' ... if that makes sense!

The trouble is that the kind of thing the aunt posted are just the type of thing you're not allowed to post because it could prejudice a trial. Hopefully the police are letting the family know that just because names are becoming known, they still need to be careful about posting things which take for granted those arrested are guilty. Thankfully she seems to have deleted it now, or at least made it private (hopefully the former!).

I'm super confused right now.

and I'm wondering if people are getting the step brother - half brother mixed up.

If it's a step brother, how? And via who?

Why would they do that to her?????

Something my own daughter said today that made me think ... when the police gave the news that the 2 had been arrested he said 'on suspicion of kidnapping' ... is kidnapping a different offence to abduction? As most cases I can recall of late it has said 'abduction' ... if that makes sense!
I think you are looking for a rational explanation to something that is often an irrational act.

Without an element of ransom (there is none here) kidnapping and abduction are essentially the same thing. The term used is simply the precise wording from the arrest records.

Wouldn't the step brother be her dads wifes son?

Half brother is same mum but different dad.

Step brother is the son of whoever your mum/dad marry.
Any step siblings would be from the step mom.Half siblings would come from one of biological parents and a other person I.e if dad and step mom had a child it would be a half sibling

It has been a while since I last posted on WS.

I am so shocked about this.....I just have to post and offer my deepest sympathy.
Poor Rebecca and her Family...so sad.

One thing is bugging me and that is the text from her phone....could she have stayed at and left her phone at one of the searched houses , on the 18th, then maybe went back to retrieve it the next morning ,the 19th ?
Maybe this was a plan from the night before she disappeared ..the 18th.....and someone else texted about "who would miss me if I disappeared" ?
sorry can't remember what the details are about when she last had/used her phone.

Poor wee Delicate Butterfly

Forgot about the who would miss me if I disappeared text. Wonder who sent that...

This whole situation is just heartbreaking. What on earth did she do to deserve just a callous act.

Wouldn't the step brother be her dads wifes son?

Half brother is same mum but different dad.

Step brother is the son of whoever your mum/dad marry.
I personally know the difference but I'm wondering if the people saying it's step brother know the difference.

So it would either be - step mum A's son or if biological Mum or Dad had been married since or previously .. confused as to how they wouldn't know eachother yet live in same town?

I suppose we'll know more tomorrow WHEN they're charged ... cause surely they won't be released!

Any step siblings would be from the step mom.Half siblings would come from one of biological parents and a other person I.e if dad and step mom had a child it would be a half sibling
The step prefix is often used very loosely in extended families.

It could be either of the divorced parents (current or previous) partner's children.

The father of Becky Watts has described news that body parts have been found by police searching for the missing teenager as "too much to bear".

This is brutal. I hope he never comes here to read.

I personally know the difference but I'm wondering if the people saying it's step brother know the difference.

So it would either be - step mum A's son or if biological Mum or Dad had been married since or previously .. confused as to how they wouldn't know eachother yet live in same town?

I suppose we'll know more tomorrow WHEN they're charged ... cause surely they won't be released!

They only seen each other once apparently cos he was 12 years older so wasn't actually raised together.

And if they're released I'd be very very very surprised as they obviously have enough evidence to be granted permission to hold them for longer.

I was prepared for this poor girl to be expired but chopped up? Utterly horrifying.

My thoughts on what happened:

Something very horrible happened to her in her house. A sexual motive or someone going crazy on drugs. The car was used to transport her to Barton Court then it was left in Wilton Close to hide evidence.

The people in custody were the residents of Cotton Mill Lane, the Barton Court residents helped hide some evidence as did the Wilton Close people.

I've not looked at 192 so this is just me guessing.

The Police are being very sensitive here as several parents seem to be involved based on what is in the gardens and perhaps also because it is a very delicate situation assuming it was someone known to her family.

They only seen each other once apparently cos he was 12 years older so wasn't actually raised together.
That's why I'm confused, a LOT of step siblings aren't raised together so I found that an odd comment, most live with respective mothers ...

I noticed a few of the posters here who were heavily pointing fingers at the family are no longer posting. A few are and have admitted regret, which is admirable, but a few just left.

I remember in one horrific case there was a poster who posted vehemently and often about how the parents were the killers of their little girl. The day the news broke about the teen neighbor she just disappeared. It struck me as odd because I would have been likely to post even more because I was stunned in that situation.

Some people have difficulty when they aren't right, it makes them uncomfortable

I suppose nobody has any theories of the others arrested yet? I'm sure the local community know at this stage and it will be leaked all over Twitter or something soon enough. It seems unlikely you would find an additional 5 people who would be willing to help IF they knew the circumstances. Just my opinion. I wonder how many will be charged or released- they have more time with the more recent arrests right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx