GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will prove to be the main site for this situation ( I am being as careful as possible with my words )

Totally agree main site. It's weird looking back to think they must have found blood or something at her home and most likely she was transported by one of those barrels or bin things we saw them carry out. I wonder if the barrel or bin was returned to her house and laptop removed. Poor family. Poor Becky.

Becky Watts: Tributes paid to shy and introverted Bristol teen

Tributes have been paid to ‘shy and introverted’ Becky Watts, who had been missing from her St George home.

Flowers have been left outside the 16-year-old’s Crown Hill home after police confirmed they had found body parts, believed to have belonged to her, following information last night.

I hope this is not breaking the rules admin- somebody has posted a photograph of a newspaper article on twitter just now, naming one of the arrested suspects in print. Is this admissible now as main stream media?
As has been advised many times earlier exercise caution when clicking on links in Twitter posts.

I hope this is not breaking the rules admin- somebody has posted a photograph of a newspaper article on twitter just now, naming one of the arrested suspects in print. Is this admissible now as main stream media?

I'm not a Mod but I believe only if the twitter belongs to MSM or LE (if you meant are you allowed to post the tweet)

What if I go and buy a copy of the paper if I can still get one at this time of day. Will that be allowed?

I obviously don't know what you mean, I just liked the neighborhoods. I know nothing about the cities that are mentioned, and was just curious about the housing.

You're not wrong in thinking they're quite cute looking, many council houses are actually quite well designed...the older ones at least. My sister lives in one in Wales and it's absolutely beautiful. It's a 1910 example and so pretty; she's lucky her neighborhood is such a nice one as her rent is very low for such a nice area.

Which newspaper?

May the devils who did this rot in their mind's hell forever and ever. I hope they are physically and mentally tortured and haunted until their dying days. That is not even enough time to pay back their misdeeds. Evil.

I am as far removed as any other stranger to her family in here, yet I feel broken. I can't even imagine the cycles of grief and healing they will have to endure to move on from this. I pray they all survive. This senseless act is mind-numbing.

My heart aches for this entire family, her friends, and especially Becky. Becky was not just a beautiful girl, but apparently sweet and funny and loving. The world lost an angel. I hope we can all take the time to remember Becky the girl in our posts, and not allow her method of death to overshadow her as a person. She deserves to be remembered in the highest regard.

Very thoughtful and well stated! The thanks button was not enough.

Which newspaper?

Apparently the Sun UK has printed a report naming one of the suspects arrested on suspicion of murder. I know they are not the most reliable of papers but surly if it is in print it is main stream media and can be introduced into the discussion? I only saw a picture of the article though- can not get UK Sun here and the website is subscribe only and you have to be in the UK.

Quaint isn't really the term I'd have chosen to describe Barton Hill.

That's because you have towns that are so delightfully pastoral and quaint that it makes those of us living across the pond melt into puddles. Even your not-so-quaint town, according to your definition, is a heap quainter than any of ours, of which we are so proud.

Apparently the Sun UK has printed a report naming one of the suspects arrested on suspicion of murder. I know they are not the most reliable of papers but surly if it is in print it is main stream media and can be introduced into the discussion? I only saw a picture of the article though- can not get UK Sun here and the website is subscribe only and you have to be in the UK.

To be pedantic, the text pictured doesn't say that those are the people arrested, just that the woman is the person who lives in one of the houses being searched (presumably CML) and who her boyfriend is. The implication is obvious, but...

One should count oneself fortunate if unable to access the Sun.

It strikes me as unlikely that a young couple would randomly kidnap, murder and dismember a complete stranger and that five other people would help cover up for it...

...More information on Lawrence Hill, of which Barton Hill is a part:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Hill,_Bristol

http://lawrence-hill.localstats.co.uk/census-demographics/england/south-west/bristol/lawrence-hill

Wow - I used to live that side of Bristol, just off Old Market, and used Lawrence Hill health centre. It was quite a dodgy area and I didn't feel comfortable going there, or taking my newborn baby! There were loads of boarded up windows, and once I witnessed a man threaten a doctor in the waiting room because he'd missed his appointment and the doctor told him he had to rebook (rather than jump the queue). I presumed he wanted his methadone... Luckily we only lived there for 6 mths and that was enough!

Poor Becky - I can only hope she didn't know much about it when it happened.

I definitely would if I didn't have to to pay £10

I definitely would if I didn't have to to pay £10
The names are being repeated on Twitter, if you really need to know them then a simple search will find them immediately.

Papers like The Sun are driven by clicks and circulation. They will often take risks in order to be first to publish something. Whilst they are usually not completely reckless they will take chances before something is 100% certain.

Becky Watts: Tributes paid to shy and introverted Bristol teen

Tributes have been paid to ‘shy and introverted’ Becky Watts, who had been missing from her St George home.

Flowers have been left outside the 16-year-old’s Crown Hill home after police confirmed they had found body parts, believed to have belonged to her, following information last night.

Trying to tread carefully here but Becky's FB does not come across as shy and introverted. I understand family wouldn't want their beloved daughter to be seen another other way but it's just not the impression I got of her.

It's a shame Becky's friends list is private. I know when I was 16 most of my friends were in their 20's but I was a wildchild.

A random thought.......... could it be possible that the large * drum * removed from RWs house, was not an oil drum or garden waste bin, but a washing machine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member