GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made in Bristol TV ‏@madeinbristoltv 1m1 minute ago
BECKY WATTS | Forensic teams have just returned to Becky's home on Crown Hill, St George.

B_L22cNWoAEIaFd.jpg

https://twitter.com/madeinbristoltv

Thanks and STILL wondering why?? No aspirations on anyone just why? Still

Are the houses that have been searched, some kind of special housing? I didn't understand some of the words used, so are some of the houses for people with low income? Not that it matters, but just trying to understand. I think the houses are very nice, and do like the fact the yards are small. Not very private, so I did have to wonder if someone may have seen something out of their window. And it seems that there are a lot of cameras in these small towns?

Think it's a social housing estate?

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the level of investigation that we are currently seeing. It appears that LE is not letting any stone go unturned. Here's hoping that they have more than enough evidence to charge all those responsible. LE has been on top of this from the start and the number of LE personnel involved appears staggering. I think they knew from the beginning that they were dealing with something extremely serious and not just a girl who disappeared. I feel for her family and friends. This must be horrific for them. I don't know how I would cope.

Are the houses that have been searched, some kind of special housing? I didn't understand some of the words used, so are some of the houses for people with low income? Not that it matters, but just trying to understand. I think the houses are very nice, and do like the fact the yards are small. Not very private, so I did have to wonder if someone may have seen something out of their window. And it seems that there are a lot of cameras in these small towns?

Housing Association may be the term you have read. Traditionally those on low incomes who don't own or don't rent privately would rent from the council or a housing association which have cheaper rents. However now there are rules about any new build buildings having to have a certain percentage marked for social housing so that there aren't pockets of social housing and also a lot of council houses were all off in the 80s/early 90s meaning that it can be difficult to tel which housing is social housing.

Increasingly in the UK, people buy part buy part rent houses. Our house prices tend to be very high so this is appealing to people as you pay a deposit and pay towards and mortgage in exchange for owning part of the house. You also pay a rent and this tends to be to a Housing Association as they tend to own these properties.

Oh I am coming to all kinds of conclusions here at the minute- most of them will be wrong but anyway. If the suspects are charged after this additional 24 hours, are they named (if not already)? I reckon Bristol being a close knit community, and with the social media storm to find Becky- there is not a lot of chance that anyone arrested will remain anonymous for long.

I tried to join The Sun to see what was published but as I am not in the UK it won't let me and I have no idea if the Irish Sun is even reporting the case. Did anyone check?

Some of the houses might be what is known as "council" or "social" housing, which are houses with lower rents, allocated on a needs basis. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere though. Also they may be "ex-council" meaning they were originally council owned but have been sold to the residents at a reduced price under the "right to buy" scheme.
Bare in mind, most houses and gardens in the UK, whether rented or privately owned, are smaller than their counterparts in mainland Europe/USA and Australia.

Also, I wouldn't describe Bristol as a "small" town, it's the sixth most populous city in England. It might be small compared to American cities though. :)

Housing Association may be the term you have read. Traditionally those on low incomes who don't own or don't rent privately would rent from the council or a housing association which have cheaper rents. However now there are rules about any new build buildings having to have a certain percentage marked for social housing so that there aren't pockets of social housing and also a lot of council houses were all off in the 80s/early 90s meaning that it can be difficult to tel which housing is social housing.

Increasingly in the UK, people buy part buy part rent houses. Our house prices tend to be very high so this is appealing to people as you pay a deposit and pay towards and mortgage in exchange for owning part of the house. You also pay a rent and this tends to be to a Housing Association as they tend to own these properties.

Thank-you, very interesting. I love the quaintness of these neighborhoods, and to think these neighborhoods have this horrendous crime hanging over them.

As far as we know no witnesses have come forward to say that they saw RW outside the family home after her last confirmed sighting.

Based on the amount of time that the suspects have been in custody we can guess that they are not cooperating.

So the Police need to make sure they have every possible piece of forensic evidence covering every possible scenario.

One very likely scenario is that she was taken from the family home.

BTW not having a pop but I think you mean aspersions.

To determine the actual crime scene/scenes? Where was she actually taken from, possible multiple crime scenes? Just guessing myself. It's been stated nobody actually saw her leave the home, we don't know exactly who was in the house at the time, or what may have happened there.

I think it will prove to be the main site for this situation ( I am being as careful as possible with my words )

It can take months to process the forensic evidence gathered in an investigation. If in two or three months time a test provides a potential link but the item it links to was not swabbed, bagged or photographed it will probably be too late to go back.

I have been wondering myself if something actually occurred in her home other than taking her away. They went over her home first and took a lot of materials away and that seemed to ramp up LE efforts. I also think that is why the father made some of the comments earlier and his behaviour. JMO but I think LE knew what they were looking for early on and I think the family knew too. In hindsight, the families' reactions, comments and behaviour are what one would expect. The stress, worry and anxiety must have been horrible.

"Snatch site" maybe? But maybe an altercation there with one of the arrested?

Having had a rethink about it all in the past few hours, and in the light of what we know , I am now thinking that whatever happened, actually happened there .......

The family would have been well advised to stay away from the media both social and mainstream.

Much of what they have posted or said in interviews is being judged and misinterpreted. That has forced them to issue further statements which have again been judged and misinterpreted. It's a spiral that can easily speed out of control.

They have enough to deal with without the endless speculation that their appearances and comments have generated.

Thank-you, very interesting. I love the quaintness of these neighborhoods, and to think these neighborhoods have this horrendous crime hanging over them.

Quaint isn't really the term I'd have chosen to describe Barton Hill.

Hi, new here. This is the case that made me decide to join WS after I had been reading other cases for a while. What I am thinking, of course only speculation, why did the uncle say that it was no part of the father's side? Where was the father? Also, the Watts came out saying it wasn't them after the 7 arrests were made. Where are the Glasworthy's after these further arrests have been made? Just an idea.

Somehow, the family home seems connected to some part of this crime, Imo. Whether it began there or what, who knows. LE seems to think there is evidence to be found there. Wondering if the perps are known to some of the family, at least. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx