GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News about body parts is "too much to bear" for family

The father of Becky Watts has described news that body parts have been found by police searching for the missing teenager as "too much to bear".

In a statement released by police, Becky's father Darren and stepmother Anjie Galsworthy said: "To receive such news as we did today about our dear daughter and step-daughter Becky is too much to bear.

"We have the support of a good family network to help us in these challenging times.

"We would ask that you treat Becky with the due reverence and allow us to come to terms with our grief in private."

Becky vanished from her home in Crown Hill, St George, Bristol at around 11.15am on February 19.

Two people, a 28-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman, were arrested on suspicion of her kidnap on Saturday.

Detectives, who were granted extra time to question the pair by magistrates, arrested them on suspicion of her murder yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015

The rules say we can link to MSM tweets. Non-MSM tweets are considered rumor, and are not allowed. It's never okay to say, "I read such-and-such, but I can't link to it." If you can't link to it, you have no business bringing it into the discussion. ;)

Officers given more time to question two arrested on suspicion of Becky Watts' murder

This afternoon (03/03), we have been granted a warrant of further detention regarding the two people arrested on suspicion of the murder of Becky Watts.

During a short hearing at Bristol Magistrates' Court, officers were granted a further 24 hours to question the man and woman.

They remain in custody at this time.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-arrested-on-suspicion-of-becky-watts-murder/

The rules say we can link to MSM tweets. Non-MSM tweets are considered rumor, and are not allowed. It's never okay to say, "I read such-and-such, but I can't link to it." If you can't link to it, you have no business bringing it into the discussion. ;)

I think the confusion has arisen because the names have allegedly been published in the Sun, which is a tabloid rag but still MSM. It is now a subscription-only site though, so the item cannot be linked for non-subscribers.

Well is anyone subscribed to The Sun to verify reports of names being published? Or can post a screenshot of the article?

I think the confusion has arisen because the names have allegedly been published in the Sun, which is a tabloid rag but still MSM. It is now a subscription-only site though, so the item cannot be linked for non-subscribers.

hmm I think I will wait for a reliable source if this turns out to be true, not like the sc*m hasn't ruined lives before with it's lies.

Friendly word of warning, just went on Twitter and when I clicked the 'All' tab for #BeckyWatts and #FindBecky a huge amount of *advertiser censored* came up, sick bastards tagging her in that context. My 8 year old daughter was sat behind me but I managed to quickly cover the pictures and block the tweeter.

Officers given more time to question two arrested on suspicion of Becky Watts' murder

This afternoon (03/03), we have been granted a warrant of further detention regarding the two people arrested on suspicion of the murder of Becky Watts.

During a short hearing at Bristol Magistrates' Court, officers were granted a further 24 hours to question the man and woman.

They remain in custody at this time.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-arrested-on-suspicion-of-becky-watts-murder/
Thanks for that. Was just about to post something about the clock running out on the original extension.

Despite the gruesome news from earlier today there's still no charge. Wondering if they are no commenting through all the interviews and forcing the Police to use forensics to prove the link.

Friendly word of warning, just went on Twitter and when I clicked the 'All' tab for #BeckyWatts and #FindBecky a huge amount of *advertiser censored* came up, sick bastards tagging her in that context. My 8 year old daughter was sat behind me but I managed to quickly cover the pictures and block the tweeter.

Luckily I haven't seen anything.

Thanking you for the reminder Bessie and Coldpizza. Lot's of newcomers here so hopefully some understanding as always. You guys are great and the work u do never fails to impress me.
Thank you.

Thanks for that. Was just about to post something about the clock running out on the original extension.

Despite the gruesome news from earlier today there's still no charge. Wondering if they are no commenting through all the interviews and forcing the Police to use forensics to prove the link.

Maybe because once they charge they have to cease questioning them (I think) so are probably trying to get as much questioning time that they are allowed.

If a hash tag is trending then spammers will exploit it to drive traffic. They tend not to look at why it's trending or the meaning behind it.

Made in Bristol TV ‏@madeinbristoltv 1m1 minute ago
BECKY WATTS | Forensic teams have just returned to Becky's home on Crown Hill, St George.

B_L22cNWoAEIaFd.jpg

https://twitter.com/madeinbristoltv

Are the houses that have been searched, some kind of special housing? I didn't understand some of the words used, so are some of the houses for people with low income? Not that it matters, but just trying to understand. I think the houses are very nice, and do like the fact the yards are small. Not very private, so I did have to wonder if someone may have seen something out of their window. And it seems that there are a lot of cameras in these small towns?

Maybe because once they charge they have to cease questioning them (I think) so are probably trying to get as much questioning time and they are allowed.
The Police need to prove to the Magistrates that the extensions are absolutely necessary. If they had enough to charge them earlier today the Magistrates would have bounced the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx