GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total lack of any sightings after she supposedly walked out the front door.

Statements from her family that she wouldn't walk to the shops alone, extremely shy etc.

Sudden lack of online activity / phone usage.

She hadn't taken spare clothes and left purse so not a run away.

Texts planning to meet boyfriend later in the day.

Was also stated that if she had plans she'd of just gone but would have let us know at some point. I think the shy/introvert has been pushed to silly levels.

I was just wondering in a case like this how much are the family informed about? Just seen an interesting post from BW relation

Naming when charged is one thing but they were named in several tabloids and on social media BEFORE being charged. That in my opinion is risky, again Christopher Jefferies had his life turned upside down.
True but look at the difference in the way the mainstream media handled the articles.

With NM, SH etc The Daily Mail was full of quotes from people saying they didn't believe they did it, they were decent people etc.

Contrast that with what was said about CJ. Ex tennants claiming he was a creepy privacy invader, ex pupils claiming he was a weirdo and editorial making him sound like a sick pervert.[/QUOTE]
Also remember that the Police didn't name them, the media found out.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer in my query (which was: prior to the murder charge, the 'kidnap' thing - what evidence and where was it that led LE to think that RW was kidnapped?) that I meant kidnapped by NM. Obviously the murder charge is the talking point now, but at that time the LE was talking 'kidnap', as in taking RW and holding her captive, I assume, as that is my understanding.

None of the things you have listed would necessarily prove that NM kidnapped RW. I was wondering if signs of a struggle were evident somewhere that conclusively showed that RW was taken by NM and did not go willingly. I was wondering where that somewhere was - I'm thinking signs of an attack and struggle at RW's home? In the vehicle? On NM's clothing? Rambling now, will quit as I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Maybe, the police thought/hoped RW was being held captive, still alive. If she was enticed away on a false pretense and held captive, that's still kidnapping afaik. But as you say, could be evidence of a struggle.

Was also stated that if she had plans she'd of just gone but would have let us know at some point. I think the shy/introvert has been pushed to silly levels.
I agree the shyness thing was probably over played, a lot of people are shy around strangers.

He might have left it in the car boot initially.

I'm not speculating on how he did it, more what SH's alibi for him was. She could have told police he was home by 10.40 am for example, and that they were pretty much always together over the next few days (we know he didn't work after the evening of the 18th). In reality, if she knew nothing of the murder, she probably didn't see much of him that day at all.

A minute to kill, yes, but a lot longer to dispose of a body. If SH's alibi put him back at home with her by say 10.40 that morning, that wouldn't have given him time.

He might have left it in the car boot initially.

I'm not speculating on how he did it, more what SH's alibi for him was. She could have told police he was home by 10.40 am for example, and that they were pretty much always together over the next few days (we know he didn't work after the evening of the 18th). In reality, if she knew nothing of the murder, she probably didn't see much of him that day at all.

I was only responding to your first post, where you speculated that she might have stated that he came straight home.

Hi, new on the board so hello!

The way I see it - the events after the murder depend on the intent to enact it. Anything after that is just speculation. If it was planned you would have worked certain things out (disposal), and want as small a circle involved as possible to tidy up (figuratively, and literally), the wider the involvement gets the less control they would have (and control is surely the essence of that type of act?)

If it was an act of passion (whether sexual or obsession based), then there would be no plan, and a necessity for pulling in help wherever it was available at the cost of keeping it 'close' in order to clean up

Beckys boyfriend (based on the maps I've seen) lived pretty much opposite NM's house,
Maybe he had an interest in her and saw her coming and going across the road, developed an obsession over time then tried it on and it went bad (rejection, jealousy, family tensions etc)?

Hi, new on the board so hello! The way I see it - the events after the murder depend on the intent to enact it. Anything after that is just speculation. If it was planned you would have worked certain things out (disposal), and want as small a circle involved as possible to tidy up (figuratively, and literally), the wider the involvement gets the less control they would have (and control is surely the essence of that type of act?), if it was an act of passion (whether sexual or obsession based), then there would be no plan, and a necessity for pulling in help wherever it was available at the cost of keeping it 'close' in order to clean up
Hello

I agree that this doesn't sound planned.

This all appears to be the actions of people painting themselves into a corner.

Involving more people smacks of desperation.

Beckys boyfriend (based on the maps I've seen) lived pretty much opposite NM's house,
Maybe he had an interest in her and saw her coming and going across the road, developed an obsession over time then tried it on and it went bad (rejection, jealousy, family tensions etc)?
Nice idea but unlikely.

NM will have known RW for 10 or more years.

RW's relationship was according to the press a few months old.

My thoughts regarding her bf's address centered more on her possibly getting an offer of a lift there, or possibly of an offer of somewhere to go for a cuppa when she found he wasn't home.

In terms of NM developing an interest in her, is it more likely this was due to him seeing her visiting her boyfriend, or from contact as a step-brother ?

I suppose his interest could have been simmering and then became heightened once he saw her with her BF.

Of course, her BF's address could be of no significance at all, just a coincidence.

That's what I meant, pretty girl coming of age, visiting bf across the road, who was possibly resented due to break up of his parents etc?

When BW and NM knew each other she was around 6 years old and he was 18 years old. Or both could be even younger. I am departing from the 10 years ago more or less it is assumed their parents got together.

That's what I meant, pretty girl coming of age, visiting bf across the road, who was possibly resented due to break up of his parents etc?

But this breakup was many, many years ago. More then 10, Henwah.

He wasn't related directly to her, if it became a sexual fixation it wouldn't matter that he'd known her ten years

When BW and NM knew each other she was around 6 years old and he was 18 years old. Or both could be even younger. I am departing from the 10 years ago more or less it is assumed their parents got together.

I'm of the opinion it was a sexual obsession on NM's part. He sounds of low character considering all he's done, abusing her when she was younger or raping her on the day he killed her would be on the cards, imo.

I mean the break up of his parents. As you were referring it.

We don´t know how many years ago the break up happened, but surely more than 10. My point is that I think by now all the resentments

related to that had to be solved inside his mind.

I wrote 'breakup' altogether. Sorry. I'm Portuguese. Sometimes have difficulties with the language :)

I'm of the opinion it was a sexual obsession on NM's part. He sounds of low character considering all he's done, abusing her when she was younger or raping her on the day he killed her would be on the cards, imo.
Guessing you've found him guilty before the evidence is presented at trial then.

You have no evidence of abuse or rape or in fact his low character. Very prejudicial.

BTW I'm not standing up for the guy, I'm making the point that there has to be a presumption of innocence for the legal process to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx