GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's an assumption - my parents broke up 16 years ago and there are unresolved issues (not on this scale I might add), but to assume ill feelings are automatically resolved in ten years is folly

Guessing you've found him guilty before the evidence is presented at trial then.

You have no evidence of abuse or rape or in fact his low character. Very prejudicial.

BTW I'm not standing up for the guy, I'm making the point that there has to be a presumption of innocence for the legal process to function.

Well, here we all are explaining our 'theories' departing from the idea that NM murdered BW. The trial will be in months, but we have to depart from something or it will be impossible to discuss the case. I have some 'faith' that AS police did a good job and so, NM did it. And, if he did, he really has to be under low character.

Guessing you've found him guilty before the evidence is presented at trial then.

You have no evidence of abuse or rape or in fact his low character. Very prejudicial.

BTW I'm not standing up for the guy, I'm making the point that there has to be a presumption of innocence for the legal process to function.

It's MY opinion.

Of course, there is a legal process. I'm not on the jury. Maybe, she slipped in the bathroom, he got scared and decided to dismember her, that's an opinion too.

No, that's an assumption - my parents broke up 16 years ago and there are unresolved issues (not on this scale I might add), but to assume ill feelings are automatically resolved in ten years is folly

My bad then. Didn't know it would take so much time. In this case NM is neither a youngster nor a very young adult. He is a 28 years man. Anyway, each person is a world or even a cosmos.

I'm of the opinion it was a sexual obsession on NM's part. He sounds of low character considering all he's done, abusing her when she was younger or raping her on the day he killed her would be on the cards, imo.

I really don't know enough about him to make such assumptions. He looks quite personable in those wedding photos. It could even be the opposite, that Becky had a crush on him.

ignore me I can't get this post to do what I want it to do :)

I'm of the opinion it was a sexual obsession on NM's part. He sounds of low character considering all he's done, abusing her when she was younger or raping her on the day he killed her would be on the cards, imo.

Or he thought she was a brat, they had a fight, he hit her, she hit back, and he strangled her in a fit of fury.

Everyone is so quick to go for a sexual motive. I remember when the realtor was killed (drawing a blank here with the name), 90% of posters were rushing to find a sexual motive based on an older, highly altered photography of the victim.

It's MY opinion.
Based on zero facts.

It's exactly the kind of speculation that the CPS warned the media about when they made their statement after the initial charges were presented in the court hearing.

BTW someone can disagree with YOUR opinion it's ALLOWED.

[emoji12]

I really don't know enough about him to make such assumptions. He looks quite personable in those wedding photos. It could even be the opposite, that Becky had a crush on him.

Ohhh, the wedding photos. How I'd like to observe them to see how the family was altogether prior to the tragedy, to see their faces, smiles, etc... they aren't available anymore I'm afraid. Never saw them and can't find...

That implies only ugly people are murderers, that's almost as bad as the comments I read the other day essentially saying 'it can't be them, they look affluent'

Well, here we all are explaining our 'theories' departing from the idea that NM murdered BW. The trial will be in months, but we have to depart from something or it will be impossible to discuss the case. I have some 'faith' that AS police did a good job and so, NM did it. And, if he did, he really has to be under low character.
IF being the important word.

A&S Police still have a lot of work to do, in fact they have a hell of a lot of work to do.

That implies only ugly people are murderers, that's almost as bad as the comments I read the other day essentially saying 'it can't be them, they look affluent'

That was not what I said at all. Please read my post again. I was suggesting that there might be a different dynamic in play.

It's MY opinion.

Of course, there is a legal process. I'm not on the jury. Maybe, she slipped in the bathroom, he got scared and decided to dismember her, that's an opinion too.
Certainly plausible but more importantly doesn't rely on presumptions about things like his character or acts that there is no current evidence happened

Or he thought she was a brat, they had a fight, he hit her, she hit back, and he strangled her in a fit of fury.

Everyone is so quick to go for a sexual motive. I remember when the realtor was killed (drawing a blank here with the name), 90% of posters were rushing to find a sexual motive based on an older, highly altered photography of the victim.

Of course, there could be so many scenarios and I'm sure NM will either provide one or maybe not.

I don't know about the case you're talking about but RW was a very young and gorgeous girl with anxiety issues. My guess is as good as yours how he felt about her, but he is accused of her murder and dismemberment and time will tell.

IF being the important word.

A&S Police still have a lot of work to do, in fact they have a hell of a lot of work to do.

Or maybe it's a slam dunk. Time will tell.

ETA: Just saw your post, Prime. Time WILL tell.

Of course, there could be so many scenarios and I'm sure NM will either provide one or maybe not.

I don't know about the case you're talking about but RW was a very young and gorgeous girl with anxiety issues. My guess is as good as yours how he felt about her, but he is accused of her murder and dismemberment and time will tell.
Yup, tons of scenarios and highly likely that the defence will go with a version of your last one.

Certainly plausible but more importantly doesn't rely on presumptions about things like his character or acts that there is no current evidence happened

I agree, what I wrote was badly worded. I meant, if the accused is found guilty then his character comes into question.

So what was the motive there? Love, Lust, Lucre or Loathing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justiceduck