GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Dealing with absolute idiots for sure!

Sounds as if these have been recovered following the on-going search at Barton Hill or St.George meaning they weren't recovered from NM or SH properties rather one of the other 4 charged!

Followed this case from the beginning and part of me strongly believes that there is more to this story than meets the eye! IMO

Aren't both Barton Court and Cotton Mill Lane classed as being in Barton Hill?

Yes they are. 3 properties still being searched, Barton Court (The D's and JP), Cotton Mill Lane (SH, possibly NM but not officially) and Crown Hill (Becky's house) I think that's right!

<snip>
Sounds as if these have been recovered following the on-going search at Barton Hill or St.George meaning they weren't recovered from NM or SH properties rather one of the other 4 charged!

Yes they are. 3 properties still being searched, Barton Court (The D's and JP), Cotton Mill Lane (SH, possibly NM but not officially) and Crown Hill (Becky's house) I think that's right!

Ok thanks. So we can't rule out the devices having being recovered from NM/SH property i.e. CML

Ah ok, my bad! I did wonder about Barton Hill and if it was Infact classed as both Barton court & cotton mill lane!

Thanks for clearing this up!

Do we know whose houses were searched in Wilton Close and Southmead?

Ah ok, my bad! I did wonder about Barton Hill and if it was Infact classed as both Barton court & cotton mill lane!

Thanks for clearing this up!

I think Marsh Lane (property with blue car in the driveway), home of DD, is also classed as Barton Hill.

I was just about to post the same thing...

I hope it brings a small fraction of relief to Becky's family to know that they will have all of her back with them to be able to lay her to rest in peace and dignity

A quick hello. to everyone here. Thank you for all your questions, suggestions, insight and research on this case so far. I'll openly admit to lurking here over the last two weeks or so, and would have joined and contributed earlier but through past experience, I have learnt to think twice before joining Forums related to community investigation and analysis of crimes in the public domain. They are often *****y, and the level of discourse can be tedious at times. Thankfully I saw more than enough on this thread to tell me that Web Sleuths was quite different. I hope to help this community in whichever way I can. I'd like to meet some more people to make sure I get hooked on this site, particularly anyone based in the UK, so please do have a look at my page and friend me if you feel so inclined. Again, thanks for helping so many people to better understand a most complex and disturbing case.

On a scale of one to ten (where 10 is the dumbest) exactly how dumb are the people charged with this crime?

I think it just goes to show that this certainly wasn't a planned out thing which is what I have suspected all along. The deed was done, panic set in, and mistakes were made. Thank Goodness the mistakes happened because it's definitely going to help LE bring about an extremely well put together case. :)

I think it just goes to show that this certainly wasn't a planned out thing which is what I have suspected all along. The deed was done, panic set in, and mistakes were made. Thank Goodness the mistakes happened because it's definitely going to help LE bring about an extremely well put together case. :)

Yes, I've considered the figure given Prosecutor James Ward statement that there would be over '1,200' exhibits. What I can't really fathom what nature of these exhibits would have to take in order to number so many. The only thing that logically comes to mind that could umber 1,200+ are individual communications between the involved parties. I'm sitting contemplating what that might say about the strength of the case.

prosecutor James Ward's revelation of this number in his statement seems like something that could be of interest. Does anyone else feel as though it jumps out as a particularly specific detail for him to give out? It does to me, yet I can't find any reason what he might be trying to communicate and to whom.

Wow. Dealing with absolute idiots for sure!

Followed this case from the beginning and part of me strongly believes that there is more to this story than meets the eye! IMO

I'm not sure it does mean the gadgets were found at either Barton Hill or St George. They could have been found at CML or even Southmead/Wilton Road. Someone reported digging witnessed at night in one of the gardens. It could have been gadgets buried?...A lot of people in recent days have asked Police for confirmation that ALL body parts (hate typing that SO much!!) were found and if they are still looking for Gadgets. I think Police are just updating the Public so they don't carry on their own searches as there is no longer a need, despite forensics still doing their work. I hoping we may find out more at the next court date and possibly even have some of the charges either dropped or altered. My own thoughts & opinion.

Why do some statements say the charge dates are from the 18th Feb -1st March?

I've seen both date ranges stated and am a tad confused.
According to the charge sheet, Matthews is charged with the “murder of a person aged one year or older, namely between February 19 and March 3, murdered Rebecca Watts”.

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...tory-26124292-detail/story.html#ixzz3U0KLafTS
Follow us: @WesternDaily on Twitter | WesternDaily on Facebook

Possibly poor reporting?

I was just about to post the same thing...

I messaged A&S asking this last night and had the following response from their FB page:
Hi ***, thank you for your message and ongoing support. The police activity now is focused on getting evidence as to what happened between the time Becky went missing and when she is believed to have been killed, so there will be a lot of police in and around the areas/houses originally searched. We can confirm that all of Becky's possessions have been found, as has her body. Thank you.

Yes, I've considered the figure given Prosecutor James Ward statement that there would be over '1,200' exhibits. What I can't really fathom what nature of these exhibits would have to take in order to number so many. The only thing that logically comes to mind that could umber 1,200+ are individual communications between the involved parties. I'm sitting contemplating what that might say about the strength of the case.

prosecutor James Ward's revelation of this number in his statement seems like something that could be of interest. Does anyone else feel as though it jumps out as a particularly specific detail for him to give out? It does to me, yet I can't find any reason what he might be trying to communicate and to whom.

Welcome to Websleuths, Damond! :)

That figure of 1,200 exhibits jumped out at me too. I think you could be right about some of it being communications between them all. Given their ages, they were probably texting each other like mad during this time. It would be so awesome if police have written or verbal communications that prove how each person was involved! :jail:

According to the charge sheet, Matthews is charged with the &#8220;murder of a person aged one year or older, namely between February 19 and March 3, murdered Rebecca Watts&#8221;.

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...tory-26124292-detail/story.html#ixzz3U0KLafTS
Follow us: @WesternDaily on Twitter | WesternDaily on Facebook

Possibly poor reporting?

That's all I can think, terrible error. Don't they know us sleuthers rely on them to get critical dates right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member