GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick hello. to everyone here. Thank you for all your questions, suggestions, insight and research on this case so far. I'll openly admit to lurking here over the last two weeks or so, and would have joined and contributed earlier but through past experience, I have learnt to think twice before joining Forums related to community investigation and analysis of crimes in the public domain. They are often *****y, and the level of discourse can be tedious at times. Thankfully I saw more than enough on this thread to tell me that Web Sleuths was quite different. I hope to help this community in whichever way I can. I'd like to meet some more people to make sure I get hooked on this site, particularly anyone based in the UK, so please do have a look at my page and friend me if you feel so inclined. Again, thanks for helping so many people to better understand a most complex and disturbing case.

:welcome: to WS Damond. WS is a wonderful community filled with wonderful people. You might find you get hooked quite easily ;)

Welcome to Websleuths, Damond! :)

That figure of 1,200 exhibits jumped out at me too. I think you could be right about some of it being communications between them all. Given their ages, they were probably texting each other like mad during this time. It would be so awesome if police have written or verbal communications that prove how each person was involved! :jail:
They bag, tag and swab everything in sight. It might sound like a lot but if you break it down by the number of locations known to have been searched it really isn't that hard to comprehend. I don't think they will count each text, instant message or phone call individually to arrive at that total.

So my guess would be that she died at her home, was dismembered at NM/SH's house (isn't that where the 'drum' objects were recovered from?), then taken to the Demetrius house.

If NM was at beckys house earlier in the day (to take mum to hospital if I've got this right), perhaps it was he that told the police he heard becky leave, hence why the police were a bit cagey on this aspect in the appeals - maybe they had suspicions he was lying. Perhaps that (and some other things probably) led to them arresting him for kidnap, then after searching house and doing tests on objects found there determined it was human blood (or something else - doesn't bear thinking about!) they charged him with murder, despite not having found the body yet. At that point SH twigs onto the severity and realisation NM probably did it and told them he'd been to the Demetrius/Parsons house at some point

Just a theory

Regarding motive - perhaps he'd gone back to Becky's house after taking mother to appointment (to steal something perhaps), thinking Becky was going to LO's house and would be out but she didn't go as LO was out. She walks in to find him doing something dodgy, argument ensues... Etc

Edit- or perhaps the Demetrius's were dealers and NM was holding a stash for them hidden at beckys house and had gone to collect it thinking she was out (dealers often pay people to hold drugs/money for them). If JP was used to packages (drugs/money) being hidden in garden shed it might explain her claiming not to know what it was, or find it unusual at the time

This would explain why an accident death in an argument would be difficult for NM to explain to police, resulting in a panicked and frankly botched cover up, and why the others felt compelled to help him

If NM was at beckys house earlier in the day (to take mum to hospital if I've got this right)

That is just a theory suggested by a few people. It's not a known fact.

NM/SH's house (isn't that where the 'drum' objects were recovered from?)

The wrapped bins seen in photographs were from Becky's house and the house at Wilton Close.
But the bins at all the houses searched would have been taken away for investigation.

Ah ok, but still - seems unlikely he'd do it there.

The report said it needed 4 people to lift the object onto the van to take away so wouldn't have been a bin, probably a washing machine I'd think, perhaps there was evidence of some blood (perhaps prompting the 'time of the month' post)

Ah ok, but still - seems unlikely he'd do it there.

The report said it needed 4 people to lift the object onto the van to take away so wouldn't have been a bin, probably a washing machine I'd think, perhaps there was evidence of some blood (perhaps prompting the 'time of the month' post)

I thought it might have been a compost bin, which would probably be quite heavy.

Don't forget they were looking for a laptop and phone, which might have been shoved into a bin at any of these addresses.

A quick hello. to everyone here. Thank you for all your questions, suggestions, insight and research on this case so far. I'll openly admit to lurking here over the last two weeks or so, and would have joined and contributed earlier but through past experience, I have learnt to think twice before joining Forums related to community investigation and analysis of crimes in the public domain. They are often *****y, and the level of discourse can be tedious at times. Thankfully I saw more than enough on this thread to tell me that Web Sleuths was quite different. I hope to help this community in whichever way I can. I'd like to meet some more people to make sure I get hooked on this site, particularly anyone based in the UK, so please do have a look at my page and friend me if you feel so inclined. Again, thanks for helping so many people to better understand a most complex and disturbing case.

'Welcome'...I agree Websleuths is great, especially for us in the UK, they don't allow 'gossip' or random statements so it stops it ever getting 'silly' or out of hand. Everyone I have come across have been respectful of my comments and theories, though some are more experienced in some areas everyone is equal in value to the forum. It is addictive! :happydance:

Yes, I've considered the figure given Prosecutor James Ward statement that there would be over '1,200' exhibits. What I can't really fathom what nature of these exhibits would have to take in order to number so many. The only thing that logically comes to mind that could umber 1,200+ are individual communications between the involved parties. I'm sitting contemplating what that might say about the strength of the case.

prosecutor James Ward's revelation of this number in his statement seems like something that could be of interest. Does anyone else feel as though it jumps out as a particularly specific detail for him to give out? It does to me, yet I can't find any reason what he might be trying to communicate and to whom.
I think even after 'the act' NM in his panic, possibly went to different locations and spread evidence around. There will be a lot of 'photographic' evidence included I would think not to mention all the DNA etc. As we all seem to think, this wasn't a well executed crime and he has left various trails. I am impressed by the Police's determination to get every little bit possible!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...mation-black/story-26147138-detail/story.html

If the police really have renewed their appeal for info on the whereabouts of the black Zafira, then my guess is that they are missing one (or more) crucial location(s) - Could this be where the murder occurred or where the gruesome act of creating body 'parts' occurred? Why else would the LE need further info about the movements of that vehicle if they already know of those 2 locations?
Just my opinion...that changes frequently :/

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...mation-black/story-26147138-detail/story.html

If the police really have renewed their appeal for info on the whereabouts of the black Zafira, then my guess is that they are missing one (or more) crucial location(s) - Could this be where the murder occurred or where the gruesome act of creating body 'parts' occurred? Why else would the LE need further info about the movements of that vehicle if they already know of those 2 locations?
Just my opinion...that changes frequently :/

It could be that the movements of the vehicle could dictate further arrests, or create more charges. it could also tie down the time of death. It could be the crucial piece of the puzzle that ties all the accused together. Clearly it is important to their investigation and they really want to know where this vehicle was travelling and when. Hopefully some information will come to light and put things in a clearer perspective. I also think that certain pieces of information that has been forthcoming from the accused needs to be verified and the movements of the vehicle could do that.

Could the electronic equipment have been found in the water? If so, not sure how useful they would be.

It sounds as if someone is talking, for them to be searching in that location.

Maybe murder weapon or anything used in 'dismemberment'?

Maybe RW died in this vehicle, either accidentally or otherwise, or her body was transported and left inside for those days that they need to know its whereabouts. Perhaps someone was hiding that car, so they need to find those persons.

Welcome, Damond!! It's pretty unusual so have so many UK members on one thread. So while we're all here (and yes I know I've mentioned it before!) here is the link to UK cases.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-to-cases-on-Websleuths-*No-Discussion*/page8

And this is a fb page for UK missing adults and kids https://www.facebook.com/www.missingadultschildrenintheuk?fref=ts

Ideally we should have every active UK case on there so if anyone spots anything please add it on. I can't find a better way of looking up local news - if there is a better way please let me know :)

The car was abandoned for a few days, wasn't it? Do you think she was kept in there?

What I'm curious about is why they're still keen to talk about former owners of the car. Does it have some kind of damage they want to rule in or out in connection with the case?

I don't think NM would be silly enough to dismember a body in the zafira - it would be incredibly hard to remove evidence from it. I definitely think it was used to transport her body at some point. It's interesting what the police have said about accumulating evidence to find out what happened to becky between her disappearance and murder - that suggests to me that perhaps she wasn't killed inside her house but maybe I'm reading too much into it. I also considered another situation - they said when becky left there had been other family members at home. What if NM had brought his daughter round? Maybe becky was playing with the daughter and did something wrong by mistake (maybe dropped her?) and NM flipped out?

There could be a missing component to the Zafira and this might be why they want to speak to previous owners. Perhaps to ask them .....perhaps the seats have been re-covered? Or an armrest is missing? Gosh, so many things that might have been altered due to damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3