GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild theory, but still possible. I guess it depends on when the murder actually happened? It's quite possible that AG just heard a female voice and assumed it was Becky's, unless she actuall saw Becky (can't remember if the reports indicated that). If that's the case then SH most likely knew what happened during that time, or at least had an idea of who was involved.

I was thinking (and posting similar) at the same time. I vaguely rember step mum saying she was moody and didn't say much on the 19th. Trying to find where I read that now..

Added on 05 March 2015 at 15:08

Officers have been granted more time to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

The four men (aged 29, 29, 23 and 23) and one woman (also aged 23) were arrested on Monday evening.

Today (05/03), the District Judge, sitting in Bristol Magistrates' Court, granted a warrant of further detention for an additional 24 hours.

The five suspects remain in custody at this time.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/help-us-to-find-missing-rebecca-(16)/officers-given-more-time-to-question-5-arrested-in-connection-with-becky-watts-case

I was thinking (and posting similar) at the same time. I vaguely rember step mum saying she was moody and didn't say much on the 19th. Trying to find where I read that now..

Anjie said: "She seemed ok and her normal self. There was nothing out of the blue. She was a bit grumpy, but that was not unusual - just a normal teenager.

"I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am."

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/VIDEO-Missing-Bristol-16-year-old-Rebecca-Watts/story-26076203-detail/story.html

Added on 05 March 2015 at 15:08

Officers have been granted more time to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

The four men (aged 29, 29, 23 and 23) and one woman (also aged 23) were arrested on Monday evening.

Today (05/03), the District Judge, sitting in Bristol Magistrates' Court, granted a warrant of further detention for an additional 24 hours.

The five suspects remain in custody at this time.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/help-us-to-find-missing-rebecca-(16)/officers-given-more-time-to-question-5-arrested-in-connection-with-becky-watts-case

I've lost count of the timings now - were they arrested Monday night or Tuesday morning ? ......so is this the final 24 hours ?

If so, then it's going right to the wire, so to speak ....... but hopefully will provide some answers to exactly what happened

siobhan robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 4m4 minutes ago
Police get extra 24 hrs to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins

Hmmm this is really not looking good. 2 extensions to question now which suggests to me that they're far more involved than just stumbling upon the remains of an innocent 16 year old.

I wonder if they were all in a group, including NM, SH, and poor Becky on the night of the 18th. Sickening thought really.

I've lost count of the timings now - were they arrested Monday night or Tuesday morning ? ......so is this the final 24 hours ?

If so, then it's going right to the wire, so to speak ....... but hopefully will provide some answers to exactly what happened

"The four men (aged 29, 29, 23 and 23) and one woman (also aged 23) were arrested on Monday evening." Link

So this is the final extension I think. Got to charge or release them by tomorrow evening (Friday)

I think they can have 1 more extension.

EDIT: Think it's the final actually, I'm wrong.

Hi I've been reading this thread but haven't commented on it yet!

I just wondered where did we get the info that the step mother saw her on the 19th? Did she say that through the police? I remember something about just hearing her door and we seem to know now other people were there too. Do we have actual quotes that she saw her or was that just speculation? I also seem to remember something about the step mum saying she was moody and didn't talk to her that day, does anyone else remember this? The other people in the house might have been the step-brother etc and they might have said they were bringing her home (if she stayed at theirs the night before) and the step mum might have just taken their word for it. Obviously all just speculation but it makes the 'no one would miss me' text on the 18th seem even more suspicious...

(I hope these thought are ok to post! I'm not really sure so please let me know and please edit if need be!)

This is all I have for Thursday 19th

• Becky was last seen on Thursday morning at her home in Crown Hill, St George. She is believed to have left home at approximately 11.15am. [1]

• AM DG: “She come home on the Thursday morning had her shower and changed and we haven’t seen her since.” [5]

• 10.30 am Stepmother AG - “She seemed ok and her normal self. There was nothing out of the blue. She was a bit grumpy, but that was not unusual - just a normal teenager. “I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am. We thought she might have gone and met her boyfriend and he had texted her to see if she wanted to met, but got no response. We texted her later in the day to see where she was but her phone was off. “She hadn’t mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point. The next day when she still hadn’t come home we contacted the police.” [2]

• DG: “I was at work at the time, it was my wife was the last family member to see her. She stayed at a friend’s house the previous night, she come home on the Thursday morning had her shower and changed and we haven’t seen her since.” [5]

[1] https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/features/findbecky/
[2] http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Dad-mi...atts-16-said/story-26074650-detail/story.html
[5] http://www.jackbristol.com/news/bri...ers-heartbreaking-plea-for-teens-safe-return/

I don't think we know the exact time the 5 were arrested.This is the second 24 hour magistrate approved extension. They would have had the initial 24 hours and a 12 hour senior officer approved extension plus 24 + 24 making 84 hours up to about 3pm tomorrow. Which would mean they can ask for a further 12 hours taking it to 96 expiring at 3am on Saturday morning. I think!

If something had happened on the Wednesday then Anjie couldn't have seen and spoken to Becky on the Thursday morning and if there was any chance that that was a lie then she too would be a cell right now.

I wonder if it has even been possible to prove when Becky died yet, seeing as any post mortem will be hindered as she isn't intact (sorry but I really don't think there is a nice way of saying it) and perhaps some of her remains are yet to be discovered.

New picture emerges of Becky and her family

On the day Becky's step-brother and his girlfriend appeared in court.

A new photo has emerged of them all in happier times:

stream_img.jpg

From left to right: Becky's Stepbrother (charged with her murder), Dad, Stepmum, Stepbrother's girlfriend
(charged with perverting the course of justice) and Becky Credit: The Daily Mirror

Hmmm this is really not looking good. 2 extensions to question now which suggests to me that they're far more involved than just stumbling upon the remains of an innocent 16 year old.

I wonder if they were all in a group, including NM, SH, and poor Becky on the night of the 18th. Sickening thought really.

Or it could be they really were 'set-up'. We know that SP and NM obviously set about covering their tracks. Big questions for me are 'Who said Becky sent text saying "who would miss me?"..Could be they wanted it to look like she'd run away or topped herself. And then what better way to pass blame than dispose of body parts 'around' one Family unit. Those held Mother's house was also searched. Bear in mind they also made sure the car was parked elsewhere.....may have said he'd loaned it to one of those lads. I suspect that NM was extremely devious in his actions.

Why would you call the police, if you found something so awful in your shed, if you were involved? After doing something so vile like dismembering a person, wouldn't you want to hide it so nobody could find what you did? I'm at a loss about how the others being questioned are involved. Unless they belong to some group/cult, sacrificing a body, which seems far fetched, but I suppose anything could happen. Not that I think that is what is going on, just puzzled by the other 5's involvement.

Wild theory, but still possible. I guess it depends on when the murder actually happened? It's quite possible that AG just heard a female voice and assumed it was Becky's, unless she actuall saw Becky (can't remember if the reports indicated that). If that's the case then SH most likely knew what happened during that time, or at least had an idea of who was involved.

If that wild theory was correct, it might explain why nobody seemed to know what Becky was wearing when she disappeared (unless they did know, and the police deliberately only mentioned the coat).

Or it could be they really were 'set-up'. We know that SP and NM obviously set about covering their tracks. Big questions for me are 'Who said Becky sent text saying "who would miss me?"..Could be they wanted it to look like she'd run away or topped herself. And then what better way to pass blame than dispose of body parts 'around' one Family unit. Those held Mother's house was also searched. Bear in mind they also made sure the car was parked elsewhere.....may have said he'd loaned it to one of those lads. I suspect that NM was extremely devious in his actions.

That sure seems to make the most sense, they were set-up.

That sure seems to make the most sense, they were set-up.

The more I think about it the more it does make sense. We know that AG is poorly, Dad was at work. BW had had issues in the past....so PERHAPS when all this happened and a suggestion was made to call the police AG and DG were talked out of doing this in the fear that she had gone off. When you are in a distraught frame of mind and frantic, it is very easy to be led or follow suggestions from those who seem to genuinely care or want to help! I'm sure SP was a pillar of strength to AG and DG, makes me sick! I also keep thinking back to JG saying in press appeal that 'sometimes things happen on impulse' or words to that affect...What IF DG or AG did have suspicions and had shared those with JG, that could have been said and aimed at NM and SP.....All MOO, just trying to find some sense in it all. Poor poor Becky :(

Possibly. I think that scenario would be quite likely be established by now though. It's not just one family unit, you have JI as well. They must have found some connection to NM and have reasons why/how they think these people would assist him.

5 people being interviewed for three days separately, surely at least 1 or 2 of them can give solid evidence of what they've been up to the past couple of weeks.

Could be that most think that whatever her involvement is SHE won't be punished enough & get off lightly where as HE is going to get whats due, at least that's the opinion of 7 out of 9 in my office with phrase of day being fly with crows etc etc, strange tho that the 7 are also females, maybe its a girl thing :) (hard to smile in this thread)
Me personally think HE should just be shot now and anyone else that knowingly touched or moved Becky (yuk, or parts) should get same, everyone else involved that knew should be minimum 25 but prefer 50.
and shouldn't be allowed to bring up their poor children either, how's that going to work? "Son its wrong to hit someone in the playground" "OK mum, can I cut them up and hide them then?
Ooops soz for rant, I'm off home and think its time I took couple days off from this story :)
Oh and just used ur post for the details thistlegirl :peace:

Anyone else notice that SH(P) is getting a harder time than NM both on MSM and social media??? Despite him being the one charged with the actual murder...!!
Wonder why.......maybe because she's a female??
Interesting.....

This is from memory but will try to find the article,.......... I thought several of her pals received the text, or so it was reported at the time

Police have refused to comment on allegations that missing schoolgirl Becky Watts sent a text message stating "who would miss me if I disappeared" the day before she was last seen.

Friends had said the 16-year-old had sent the text before she disappeared.

Asked to confirm whether the text was being considered, Detective Inspector Richard Ocone, leading the investigation, said: "I can't comment on that at this stage."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rebecca-watts-missing-friends-claim-5237904

Anybody have a link for that press appeal? I've not seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub