GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much has been said at all in the way of SH defence. I'm sure it will come out in due course.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that SH will have to take the stand to defend herself against these accusations to have any hope of exoneration. If she chooses to remain silent it will look very bad for her, no?

I agree, but if (though unlikely) there is nothing more incriminating from here on. If I was SH's defense i'd say they had possibly done enough to create reasonable doubt. I don't however think that is the case, and I also think if they get her on the stand there is a high chance of her falling apart under cross examination! Thank God we have a jury who will look at evidence as a whole and hopefully take all the behavioral & circumstantial evidence into account.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial

Next witness is Stephen Fisher-Davies, a digital evidence recovery expert #beckywatts

This should be interesting ...

Just thinking over, yet again, as to where else the dismemberment could have taken place, within the house.

When the house was cleared by the police/forensics, did they literally take every single item out - ie all furniture, fixtures and fittings, or just the loads of rubbish and perhaps some smaller items of furniture ?

And, did they check every single surface of the floors in the property for blood traces ?

I am thinking that IF NM and SH used the floor of either their bedroom or the living room - the noise of the furniture or suitcases being moved as was reported ( although I know the report was rather post event ) then that could explain the lack of evidence in the bathroom.
More room for them to do the dismemberment there - once furniture shifted around - and with the use of the rubble sacks, possibly no traces left, or possibly those areas not checked to the nth degree for traces of blood ?

The excessive cleaning of the bath could have been because NM and SH wanted to ensure that every trace of Becky had been removed from themselves, after they had showered.

Not much has been said at all in the way of SH defence. I'm sure it will come out in due course.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that SH will have to take the stand to defend herself against these accusations to have any hope of exoneration. If she chooses to remain silent it will look very bad for her, no?

I would agree that it will look bad for her if, after claiming innocence to all charges, she does not choose to stand up and state why she is innocent.
However, I think the prosecution would tie her in knots very easily so I do wonder if her barrister will advise against her going into the box and try to let the evidence, or lack of, speak for her.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 45s46 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Expert examined a tablet computer found in shed at Barton Court. It had been synced with Becky's Facebook account.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 25s25 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: The tablet wasn't working when he received it, so he had to repair it.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 32s32 seconds ago

witness tells the court that a BUSH tablet computer found among items in the shed had had two component "ripped" out of it

Hayley Grainger ‏@hayleygrainger@heartwestnews 1m1 minute ago

The tablet didn't work when he received it. Missing parts were found in a suitcase

Regarding some of the earlier comments that the suspects' apparent post-murder shopping spree indicates a lack of planning and therefore must indicate an accidental death of the victim with no prior malice forethought:

In general, there are two types of criminals in a spectrum. The organized, and the unorganized, or some elements of each. It depends on the individual and how they carry themselves in their everyday life. Just because they may or may not be organized, does not mean that they had no malice forethought to commit a crime. It only goes to show how prepared they are in their commission of the crime, similar to how organized they are in their household, or in their careers and their ability to carry out their work efficiently. In other words, its possible for unorganized perpetrators to wish harm onto a victim, but then wing it as they go along with all aspects during said commission of the crime.

Clearly, judging from the state of the suspects' houses and the profiles of the suspects, these individuals are the unorganized variety. It is possible for these suspects to have malice intent and ill wishes for the victim, but be woefully unprepared in all aspect of their crime, from the murder to the disposal.

So it is not at all strange that an unorganized suspect like that will murder someone. Realize they need to dispose of the body. Then decide they need to buy a saw and other supplies. Only to realize later, even during that earlier shopping trip, that they didn't get all they needed (because they are unorganized). In fact, so unorganized as to make multiple trips for supplies to aid in the disposal process. In fact, my theory is they probably figured out during the disposal process that the circular saw was a bad idea too and promptly didn't use it anymore.

However, just because they decided to buy the circular saw and other items post-murder, it doesn't mean they didn't plan to hurt Becky. I believe they did plan to hurt Becky, but it was their unorganized M.O. that we are observing for why they make so many trips to buy items for the disposal process after the murder. These people are just highly unorganized in every aspect of their life. They will be the same in their career, or their household, as they are in how they carry out murder.

The recent Karen Buckley case is a good example of somebody appearing not to have pre planned the murder and buying items to help with disposal afterwards, yet still being found guilty of murder.

I'm worried the other way - that there isn't enough DNA evidence to prove anything, that NM seems to be saying she wasn't involved, and that she's pleaded not guilty. Unless something comes up which PROVES she was involved, she could easily get off. The majority of us are of the opinion she HAD to have known something, whether it be after the fact or not. We said she couldn't have slept through a power saw, but that is subjective, unlikely, but subjective. I once slept through a gale on a campsite - not one of the other 9 adults, (who'd all been up holding tents down, calming kids and catching flying chairs) could believe I'd not heard it, and neither could I when I saw the carnage outside!).

Maybe she really wasn't involved whatsoever? <<< (I don't think this, but....)

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 12s12 seconds ago

Next witness is Bethany Williams, an intelligence researcher who looked at the forensic download of phone taken from NM

The Breeze SouthWest &#8207;@breezesouthwest 1m1 minute ago

#BeckyWatts trial: New witness in court now. Bethany Williams looked at download from a Samsung phone believed to belong to NM

The recent Karen Buckley case is a good example of somebody appearing not to have pre planned the murder and buying items to help with disposal afterwards, yet still being found guilty of murder.

I thought this too. Another dope who forgot about CCTV.

The Breeze SouthWest &#8207;@breezesouthwest 8m8 minutes ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Some of the missing parts were found in a suitcase. They'd been removed from the tablet before the case was replaced.

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 11s12 seconds ago

A Facebook message found on NM's profile. He talks about Anjie Galsworthy lending #beckywatts £500, and says "see Becky runs the house"

Sam FM News &#8207;@samfmnews 37s38 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Witness found a Facebook message from NM to SH about NM's mum lending Becky money. "Becky runs the house..."

Just thinking over, yet again, as to where else the dismemberment could have taken place, within the house.

When the house was cleared by the police/forensics, did they literally take every single item out - ie all furniture, fixtures and fittings, or just the loads of rubbish and perhaps some smaller items of furniture ?

And, did they check every single surface of the floors in the property for blood traces ?

I am thinking that IF NM and SH used the floor of either their bedroom or the living room - the noise of the furniture or suitcases being moved as was reported ( although I know the report was rather post event ) then that could explain the lack of evidence in the bathroom.
More room for them to do the dismemberment there - once furniture shifted around - and with the use of the rubble sacks, possibly no traces left, or possibly those areas not checked to the nth degree for traces of blood ?

The excessive cleaning of the bath could have been because NM and SH wanted to ensure that every trace of Becky had been removed from themselves, after they had showered.

Good points. I was thinking that while it is odd that they couldn't find any evidence in the bathroom, it could have been managed. I'd guess that they lined the bath with the shower curtains and/or rubble sacks, and put the bath mats under the body. The latter would have absorbed any blood, which would have been just smears; there wouldn't have been any spattering or spurting. This way the body wouldn't have had any contact with the bath, and there would be nothing to go down the drain. A thorough cleaning with a peroxide drain cleaner to make sure. But yes, they could have done it in the way you suggest.

The Breeze SouthWest &#8207;@breezesouthwest 28s28 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Court now watching a video interview with Becky's best friend.

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago

Next witness is Becky's best friend Courtney Bicker who says NM had 'graphically described' how he could Becky.

(kill?)

The Breeze SouthWest &#8207;@breezesouthwest 28s28 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Court now watching a video interview with Becky's best friend.

this is confusing is it not? they have a phone expert in and they switch to a video interview with a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly