GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to put the key/card in the meter once you have purchased the electricity to "top up" the meter. I would have thought that the electricity company would be able to say when and how much was added to the meter I. E when the kwy/card was used to top up the meter

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes. They can tell when and how much was topped up and how much has been used. I have one!

I really don't wish to be graphic but couldn't it have been done in 2 stages I. E first stage to saw through the flesh in on motion and then second stage through the bone - does that make sense.

I would be impossible to cut right the way through given the depth restrictions of the saw. But if it was done in two parts wouldn't it work that way?

If they were to cut the flesh first, then the bone there would have to be marks on the bones from the knife. Apparently the bones were cleanly cut. (I'm thinking of chicken legs)

Yes. They can tell when and how much was topped up and how much has been used. I have one!
So do I but I've never thought really how much information they hold - all I know is that it's bloddy expensive lol

So do I but I've never thought really how much information they hold - all I know is that it's bloddy expensive lol

Lol yes indeed. I don't owe anything but they won't remove the meters. It's such a pain in the butt! Try pressing the buttons, it tells you a lot of info, not that I know what any of it means! Lol

You would have to put the key/card in the meter once you have purchased the electricity to "top up" the meter. I would have thought that the electricity company would be able to say when and how much was added to the meter I. E when the kwy/card was used to top up the meter

I've never heard of that before, we just get a bill in the mail. Would it cost a lot to run a saw, I wouldn't think so, but don't know. I think grandma is setting it up to show NM was mentally ill, maybe there is more coming about his mental issues down the road?

Lol yes indeed. I don't owe anything but they won't remove the meters. It's such a pain in the butt! Try pressing the buttons, it tells you a lot of info, not that I know what any of it means! Lol
I know - mine were left in from the previous homeowner and the electricity company wanted to charge me a fortune to remove it.

It would be interesting to know how much they topped up - or do we know that already...

Mrs May also told the court that she had not been keen on Matthew's relationship with Hoare, and thought she was "much too young" for him. The court heard the couple had got together when Hoare was 15 and when Matthews was 21.

She said she had noticed a visible change in her grandson when the pair started dating.
He definitely changed when they were together.

He became less interested in his appearance, he stopped working so he could spend all his time with Shauna, and generally he didn't seem very happy.

Mrs May also told the court that Matthews had been very involved in the Territorial Army before he met Hoare, but as soon as the pair got together he stopped going altogether.

Something, Mrs May said, she "never really understood why".
Shauna, in a lot of ways, was more dominant. She very often told him what to do, to change things and that. The way she seemed was quite dominant, like the way she spoke to him.

I believe Nathan tried to control Shauna, and she would always get her own way and get what she wanted.

The court heard Matthew's had become "almost paranoid" and "noticeably different" in the last couple of years.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-19/becky-watts-trial-day-10/

She [MM] said she ‘disapproved’ of Hoare and noticed how her grandson went ‘downhill’ while they were together.

She said: “She was much too young for him... (she was) dominant in lots of ways.

Mrs May said Matthews became “paranoid” and his home became - cluttered, “a dumping ground for everything”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6665828

A load of laundry in the washing machine costs around 30p of electricity. Cooking a roast in the oven for 90 minutes costs around 40p. So yeah, a power saw, hmm probably pennies. Difficult to know.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 4m4 minutes ago
Prosecution case will continue tomorrow. They were told by the defence teams witnesses lined up for today were no longer needed. #beckywatts

What does this imply out of interest? The fact that the defence no longer wanted their witnesses to testify?

Mrs May also told the court that she had not been keen on Matthew's relationship with Hoare, and thought she was "much too young" for him. The court heard the couple had got together when Hoare was 15 and when Matthews was 21.

She said she had noticed a visible change in her grandson when the pair started dating.

He became less interested in his appearance, he stopped working so he could spend all his time with Shauna, and generally he didn't seem very happy.

Mrs May also told the court that Matthews had been very involved in the Territorial Army before he met Hoare, but as soon as the pair got together he stopped going altogether.

Shauna, in a lot of ways, was more dominant. She very often told him what to do, to change things and that. The way she seemed was quite dominant, like the way she spoke to him.

I believe Nathan tried to control Shauna, and she would always get her own way and get what she wanted.

The court heard Matthew's had become "almost paranoid" and "noticeably different" in the last couple of years.

Thanks for that link - so who was controlling who? We've heard both sides of the story - SHs friend saying NM was the controller and vice versa from NMS nan. Interesting about stopping looking after his appearence when he met SH and the stopping going to the TA

assuming dismemberment occurred in the bathroom, in a 'plastic cave' presumably made with bin bags, how were these flimsy bags not cut into with the saw? Each limb would have to have been held up to disallow contact with the bags when the saw cut through. I find this scenario stretches plausibility.

I think they used rubble sacks which are more stronger if someone was holding the limb I think it could be done more easily jmo

I think they used rubble sacks which are more stronger if someone was holding the limb I think it could be done more easily jmo
It's times lie this I wish CSI were real and we could have some re enactments

I know - mine were left in from the previous homeowner and the electricity company wanted to charge me a fortune to remove it.

It would be interesting to know how much they topped up - or do we know that already...

£20.00

What does this imply out of interest? The fact that the defence no longer wanted their witnesses to testify?

I read it as being the prosecution had other witnesses lined up to testify today but the defence teams said they weren't needed. i.e. whatever the prosecution was trying to prove with these witnesses is no longer disputed by the defence teams.

I'm not sure. I believe any defence witnesses would not be called until later in the trial. At this stage only prosecution witnesses are called and they can be cross examined by the defence.

It could be that the prosecution had called a witness who they have now decided not to use but I think if they initially said they would use them and their evidence is included in jury bundles, then the defence must be given the opportunity to cross examine them even if the prosecution have now decided not to use them. However although the defence may have initially indicated that they still wished to cross examine that witness, they may have changed their mind. I could be wrong though!

I read it as being the prosecution had other witnesses lined up to testify today but the defence teams said they weren't needed. i.e. whatever the prosecution was trying to prove with these witnesses is no longer disputed by the defence teams.

Yes, I think you have it there- that seems most likely I think!

RBBM 1: He was the adult, not SH. Nathan was too old for her...14/15 yo when he began working on her

RBBM 2: What his GM said ^^, is similar to what Nathan was communicating to Shauna about Becky...getting her own way, running the household, manipulative, etc

Thanks for that link - so who was controlling who? We've heard both sides of the story - SHs friend saying NM was the controller and vice versa from NMS nan. Interesting about stopping looking after his appearence when he met SH and the stopping going to the TA

These two should never have found each other imo, recipe for disaster. Did NM give everything up so he could control SH 24/7? Did SH enjoy being the centre of his world, at least, in the beginning? Maybe, both have abandonment issues. SH has been in care as child.

IMO, NM has a long list of disorders, but Mrs May noticed in the last 18 mths, he was paranoid. I'm wondering if Mrs May doesn't want to remember problems from his childhood? Probably thinks it won't help and just hurt him further listening to her. This would be so difficult, I commend Mrs May on giving evidence.

These two should never have found each other imo, recipe for disaster. Did NM give everything up so he could control SH 24/7? Did SH enjoy being the centre of his world, at least, in the beginning? Maybe, both have abandonment issues. SH has been in care as child.

IMO, NM has a long list of disorders, but Mrs May noticed in the last 18 mths, he was paranoid. I'm wondering if Mrs May doesn't want to remember problems from his childhood? Probably thinks it won't help and just hurt him further listening to her. This would be so difficult, I commend Mrs May on giving evidence.

Let's not forget that NM would've been more than her grandson, he was more like a son to her after essentially bringing him up. It would be incredibly hard to accept that someone you are so close to, that you remember in their childhood innocence ... has become a monster. I find some of the other witness testimony about the relationship with SH (from Courtney, for example) more reliable than hers because of this likely bias. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop