GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this - in SH's initial police interview she said she'd been in the garden for a cig for 15-20 mins, and says something like "we came back up" [to go back into the house]. Given it was cold and it doesn't take that long to smoke a cig, and she used the word "we" I am guessing she was out there with her child as well. I think it's likely she knew what was going to happen, and it was agreed with NM she should go outside for a bit (for the childs sake).

It could have happened that way. I'm asking myself, when they had their threesome with the previous witness, more than 2 times less than 10-15, where was the child?
I don't believe he cared for his child. IMO, if he were that controlling, SH would be part of everything that went on. How could she refuse? He'd want his partner to experience what he experiences, no questions asked. JMO

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 5m5 minutes ago

As the witness gives more evidence about the cuts, there are audible sobs from the public gallery.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 4m4 minutes ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Court hearing graphic details about the use of the saw.

Thanks for this - I have to say this makes me even more puzzled as to why NM is telling this (rather farfetched, TBH) kidnap story involving masks and stun guns! From the link it seems that he's giving them enough to get a whole life sentence (use of weapons, murder of child involving abduction, etc) whereas if he'd just said he and Becky had an argument which got out of hand while SH was outside having a cigarette, he'd be facing a lesser sentence, and it would be much easier to believe that SH wasn't involved in the actual murder at all. It also may have prevented the prosecution bringing in the threesome evidence as it wouldn't be relevant (even if it's ended up helping SH).

Even if the kidnap story were true, I really can't understand why he hasn't made up a less incriminating story - as they're the only two witnesses to what happened, they could've said anything. It doesn't make sense...

It is indeed a very odd defence story. We know from the evidence that NM and SH fantasised about kidnapping a teenage girl, but why on earth use that storyline in his defence when he did not need to.
Strikes me that they are very stupid to go down this route.

She is being asked her opinion on how many people would be needed to carry out 'what you found' - Meaning the dismemberment of the body

She says there was no evidence there was more than one person involved but it would have been 'easier' with more than one person

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 2m2 minutes ago

#BeckyWatts trial: Expert says no evidence there was more than one person involved but it would have been 'easier' with more than one person

A lot of good points there.

The way I see it NM was sexually attracted to teeange school girls. Once SH could no longer fufill that role herself she could either lose him to one or join him in his fantasies and bring one/them into the relationship . Would be interesting to know how old the friend was when she joined them in a threesome. I think SH was doing things to keep him rather than to please or obey him.

Think I saw that she was 16 and SH 17 at the time

A lot of good points there.

The way I see it NM was sexually attracted to teeange school girls. Once SH could no longer fufill that role herself she could either lose him to one or join him in his fantasies and bring one/them into the relationship . Would be interesting to know how old the friend was when she joined them in a threesome. I think SH was doing things to keep him rather than to please or obey him.

SH was 16, friend was 17. So it was before their child was born.

Think I saw that she was 16 and SH 17 at the time

The witness had threesome with SH and NM since 2014.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 2h2 hours ago
#BeckyWatts trial: Court hears the witness had a sexual relationship with NM and SH from 2014.

can they not get prints from the clingfilm wrappings?

It could have happened that way. I'm asking myself, when they had their threesome with the previous witness, more than 2 times less than 10-15, where was the child?
I don't believe he cared for his child. IMO, if he were that controlling, SH would be part of everything that went on. How could she refuse? He'd want his partner to experience what he experiences, no questions asked. JMO

I think this was before the child was born - SH was only 17 at the time of the threesomes ( unless they carried on for years ) and child was born when SH was 19.

I do fee enormous sadness for her - the child I mean. Have to wonder what memories she may have retained during all this time. She would have been just 2 at the time of the murder, but who knows what she may have subconsciously remembered.

The witness had threesome with SH and NM since 2014.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 2h2 hours ago
#BeckyWatts trial: Court hears the witness had a sexual relationship with NM and SH from 2014.

Oh , even worse. Poor child.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 2m2 minutes ago

Extremely loud noise from the saw as it is switched on in the court. Evidence just been heard about cutting up of #beckywatts body

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago

Jury have heard the noise the power saw makes as the witness turns it on in court. Number of #beckywatts' family hold their heads.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2m2 minutes ago

Jury was also able to hold the duplicate saw to "feel the weight of it"

She says a lack of 'false start cuts' could indicate that "more than one person was involved in dismemberment"

Thanks for this - I have to say this makes me even more puzzled as to why NM is telling this (rather farfetched, TBH) kidnap story involving masks and stun guns! From the link it seems that he's giving them enough to get a whole life sentence (use of weapons, murder of child involving abduction, etc) whereas if he'd just said he and Becky had an argument which got out of hand while SH was outside having a cigarette, he'd be facing a lesser sentence, and it would be much easier to believe that SH wasn't involved in the actual murder at all. It also may have prevented the prosecution bringing in the threesome evidence as it wouldn't be relevant (even if it's ended up helping SH).

Even if the kidnap story were true, I really can't understand why he hasn't made up a less incriminating story - as they're the only two witnesses to what happened, they could've said anything. It doesn't make sense...

Yes, this has puzzled me from the start.

Just MOO, but personally I don't think women (meaning the heavily female jury) are any more or less likely to sympathise with SH than men would be. IMO men are usually more taken in by women's tears than other women would be, because often they are better able to see through any guile. How many men do you know who don't really know how to handle it when a woman cries?

Extremely loud noise from the saw as it is switched on in the court. Evidence just been heard about cutting up of #beckywatts body

Jury have heard the noise the power saw makes as the witness turns it on in court. Number of #beckywatts' family hold their heads.

Horrendous for the family but very good that the Jury have been allowed to hear the noise so there is no doubt in their minds as to the volume.

Several of Becky's family leave court crying. (after hearing the saw, UK & Eire FB) I'm not surprised. The sound of that saw firing up would be horrendous. :(

Could be that he knew theyd discover the kidnap conversations.

Plus remember police had evidence that one of them had watched a video of a rape where a girl was restrained with a hand over her mouth.

Mr Mousley alleged that internet searches carried out in November and December 2014 showed Matthews and Hoare had a 'shared interest' in teenage girls.
Police also recovered a video showing the rape of a teenage girl in which the attacker put his hand over her mouth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urder-trial-hears-teenager-cut-power-saw.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop