Found Deceased UK - Richard Morris, 52, British Diplomat, Farnham, Hampshire, 6 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Everyone,
Sorry to interrupt but we need donations to make the server payment this month.
If you want more details or you want to post about this please check out this thread
Only post on the thread linked above. Please do not post questions on this thread

We have 4 ways to donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name is: Tricia-Griffith-14
CashApp name: $tgrif14

Zelle triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
(Zelle is a way to send money between banks)

I will make a post when we have made enough donations to pay the bill.

Thank you all,
Tricia
Done and thank you for all you and Silly Billy and your mods do for us. You are all very much appreciated x

Attachments

• B0F5FFBA-C10B-4054-953E-DA430864553B.png
    B0F5FFBA-C10B-4054-953E-DA430864553B.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 16
Senior diplomat, 52, found hanged after stress from workload on Covid crisis unit, inquest hears | Daily Mail Online

A diplomat was found hanged in a forest after suffering extreme stress working on the Harry Dunn case then the Government's Covid taskforce, an inquest heard today.

Former ambassador to Nepal Richard Morris, 52, toiled long hours, helping co-ordinate briefings to ministers at a time when the UK was battling the fierce first wave of coronavirus.

He was drafted onto that team just after having led a Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office team involved in the high profile Harry Dunn case, the teenage motorcyclist killed in a crash outside US military base RAF Croughton in Northants.

On Monday, his widow fought back tears as she told an inquest he had been 'totally unprotected' from the demands of the Covid taskforce.

Alison Morris said 'I think it felt to him like he was being told to man up and be more resilient'.

She said her husband feared there was not enough time to process information and she had to tell him 'he was not responsible for Covid-19'.

As a result he was 'desperate' to keep on top of what was going on, working every day with 'no real time off', she said.

Mr Morris was last seen running near his home in Hampshire on May 6, 2020, and his body was found three months later.

An inquest into his death resumed on Monday in Winchester.

Addressing the coroner, Ms Morris said her husband was a 'quiet extrovert' who 'thrived on interactions with others'.

The inquest also heard Mr Morris had found moving back to the UK hard after living in Nepal for several years.

He was assigned to a case that caused a diplomatic incident with the US - that of 19-year-old Harry Dunn, who was killed when a car crashed into his motorbike outside RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire.

Ms Morris said: "It was a double whammy... of media interest and the fact that it's somebody else's tragedy."

She said her husband "never liked media interest" in his working life and was "fearful of being ripped apart by the UK press".

He was later asked to assist with the government's Covid-19 taskforce at a time when Boris Johnson was in intensive care and news about the pandemic was changing every day.

BBM

Somehow, I imagined him between jobs, moving from Nepal to Fiji... if only.

Senior diplomat, 52, found hanged after stress from workload on Covid crisis unit, inquest hears | Daily Mail Online

A diplomat was found hanged in a forest after suffering extreme stress working on the Harry Dunn case then the Government's Covid taskforce, an inquest heard today.

Former ambassador to Nepal Richard Morris, 52, toiled long hours, helping co-ordinate briefings to ministers at a time when the UK was battling the fierce first wave of coronavirus.

He was drafted onto that team just after having led a Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office team involved in the high profile Harry Dunn case, the teenage motorcyclist killed in a crash outside US military base RAF Croughton in Northants.

On Monday, his widow fought back tears as she told an inquest he had been 'totally unprotected' from the demands of the Covid taskforce.

Alison Morris said 'I think it felt to him like he was being told to man up and be more resilient'.

She said her husband feared there was not enough time to process information and she had to tell him 'he was not responsible for Covid-19'.

As a result he was 'desperate' to keep on top of what was going on, working every day with 'no real time off', she said.

Mr Morris was last seen running near his home in Hampshire on May 6, 2020, and his body was found three months later.

Addressing the coroner, Ms Morris said her husband was a 'quiet extrovert' who 'thrived on interactions with others'.

How very sad. Horrific for the person who discovered his body too, RIP.

I’m literally crying as I read this article. I do not fault anyone for Richard’s death. I just wish we all would talk more about behavioral or mental health with each other, even in school (moderated by professionals). Rest In Peace.

Also from the article:
“A 17 day search commenced after his disappearance, with police admitting an 'error' in not fully searching the area of woodland he was eventually found in on day two of the search.”
I appreciate their analysis, so that hopefully they can do better in the future.

On Tuesday the coroner concluded that Mr Morris had taken his own life after suffering stress working for the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and amid worries about his future.

Senior coroner Christopher Wilkinson said: 'Richard Morris took his own life while suffering severe and acute stress.

'I recognise the very difficult circumstances in which Richard, the wider taskforce and the FCDO were working in at the time against the backdrop of a very fast-moving pandemic', he added.

He described the taskforce in the early days of the coronavirus crisis as 'much like a plane being flown at the same time as building it'.

BBM

Heartbreaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59