Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d need his bus pass or bank card for a bus journey. London buses don’t take cash. He could use his phone though, to pay on the bus.
Good shout on using his phone to pay, I never thought about that.
Thanks for the info on London buses about not taking cash, where I live you can still pay cash on the bus but you have to have the correct fare as the driver doesn't have access to the money to give change and just assumed it would be the same...

Hopefully they can get the CCTV from the bus and find out where he got off and track his movements from there on CCTV.
He also must have taken some cash with him as it's been reported that his bank card and bus pass were left at home.
You can’t pay using cash on London busses, you can only use an Oyster card. He must’ve had 2 bus passes

He obviously wasn't going to meet up to buy something off somebody local from eBay or Facebook Marketplace then, otherwise he'd have needed his wallet with cash. Or maybe he just had the cash in his little bag?

I think this was intending to be a quick trip out, maybe meet with a friend for an hour or maybe just pick up some snacks/drinks and have a quick walk to get some air.

However, interesting to note, he only went out less than 30 mins before his mother was due home.
He was on the 20.44hrs bus, she got back at 21.00hrs.
Couldn't he have just waited a few minutes to tell her in person? Or even leave a note?

PS.....where was his father? In the house too?

Last edited:
Also I thought he got the 23 toward Hammersmith not towards Westbourne Park , to Hammersmith it goes a very long way around Central London Knightsbridge Kensington etc
yes this is the route the 23 takes on google maps - (sorry deleted link because it didn't come out) - it turns off Ladbroke Grove and goes towards Marylebone, then all around Hyde Park, then through Knightsbrige and Kensington before reaching Hammersmith.

23 bus route

Finally some progress!

Looking at the image of him walking away from the CCTV camera, it seems to me that he's looking at his phone as he walks, so it was turned on at that point, although turned off later afaik (tho the sim was active, so not destroyed).

I agree with whoever speculated that this might have been a meet up to do some kind of deal or trade. Taking a bag and your phone but not wallet and cards smacks of being cautious in case of trouble to me. I'm curious to know what the bag was for or what it may contain.

I also feel this is not a deliberate disappearance, to run away or do himself harm. He will have had an idea of when his mother was due home, I expect, and if he was intending to put some distance between himself and life at home, I would expect him to have left earlier on, not 45 minutes before she's due back. Has there been any mention of what he was up to earlier on in the day, or is that not known?

ETA: I see @jenpil has had some of the same thoughts in the time I was typing!

Link for image: Police release new images of missing student as mother pleads for public’s help

Aaah, so he was actually travelling southbound on bus 23 (not northbound as I had originally presumed).
This route would mean travelling towards central London, including Paddington Marble Arch, Hyde Park, Kensington - and the end of the line is in Hammersmith.

We really do need the CCTV of at which stop he got off the bus. London buses have a multitude of different cameras, and we know the route and the time.

Then try to trace him on street CCTV when he gets off and starts walking.

It worked for the Sarah Everard case.....fingers crossed for this one too.

23 bus route

Does tfl store data which could identify his payment and give an indication of maximum travel distance from the fare paid?
On London buses it’s only one fare for the whole city, and you only tap on when you board, not when you get off - so you could go one stop or ten. However they have a lot of CCTV on them so I’m surprised they haven’t been able to see where he got off as yet

He obviously wasn't going to meet up to buy something off somebody local from eBay or Facebook Marketplace then, otherwise he'd have needed his wallet with cash. Or maybe he just had the cash in his little bag?

I think this was intending to be a quick trip out, maybe meet with a friend for 20 mins or maybe just pick up some snacks/drinks.

However, interesting to note, he only went out less than 30 mins before his mother was due home. He was on the 20.44hrs bus, she got back at 21.00hrs.
Couldn't he have just wait a few minutes to tell her in person? Or even leave a note?

PS.....where was his father? In the house too?

So, he told his mother he was going to see a friend and we're guessing this was before she went to work in the morning. He told her to drive safely, so this also sounds like she was leaving for work or somewhere, anyway, and it sounds like he was at home when they spoke. I'm finding this conversation odd because if he was talking about much later in the day, i.e. 8.45pm, that he was seeing his friend, you'd think his mum would therefore know that he wouldn't be home when she returned, and definitely wouldn't be sitting in his room when she went to tell him she was cooking dinner.

Incidentally, every room in my home (a 1st and 2nd floor flat in a converted London terraced house) had a lock each internal door when I moved in. I don't know how normal this is (the keys are standard 'Union' keys which all have a code on them and you can just buy replacements easily), but I don't find it odd that Richard's bedroom door was lockable or that he locked it when he went out. Privacy is more important to some people than others, I guess. As a teenager, I kept a diary, and I knew my mother would sneak into my room, locate and read it when I was out. If I'd had a way of locking my room, I definitely would have done so.

So, he told his mother he was going to see a friend and we're guessing this was before she went to work in the morning. He told her to drive safely, so this also sounds like she was leaving for work or somewhere, anyway, and it sounds like he was at home when they spoke. I'm finding this conversation odd because if he was talking about much later in the day, i.e. 8.45pm, that he was seeing his friend, you'd think his mum would therefore know that he wouldn't be home when she returned, and definitely wouldn't be sitting in his room when she went to tell him she was cooking dinner.

Incidentally, every room in my home (a 1st and 2nd floor flat in a converted London terraced house) had a lock each internal door when I moved in. I don't know how normal this is (the keys are standard 'Union' keys which all have a code on them and you can just buy replacements easily), but I don't find it odd that Richard's bedroom door was lockable or that he locked it when he went out. Privacy is more important to some people than others, I guess. As a teenager, I kept a diary, and I knew my mother would sneak into my room, locate and read it when I was out. If I'd had a way of locking my room, I definitely would have done so.
I got the impression that he may have gone out Monday evening when his mother was at home. She then went to bed assuming he was out late or for the night and didn't realise he was missing until the Tuesday night when she got back from work.

Sickle cell disease and monthly blood transfusions. I really hope he is okay.

Does sound like they haven’t got the bus cctv yet but tracked him catching it through financials.

Also, there's talk of his phone going off at 10pm on the Monday night. If the time it went off is known, I'm guessing it was turned off rather than destroyed/dead battery. In turning off it should have pinged the network, which in London should in turn enable its location at the time to be triangulated.

I'm curious to know what the bag was for or what it may contain.
Me too.
Youngsters do a lot of 'gaming' don't they?
Would it make sense to take some sort of gaming device with him if he was off to play video games with a friend? I have no idea how it works - but I guess they need a controller each?
Having said that, I'm assuming the police would know if he'd taken something that's normally kept in his room.

It does look like he's looking at his phone in the cctv still of him walking along the pavement. Can the police not trace his phone calls/texts etc?
edited to add - I guess not, if it's switched off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member