Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any updates today. Does anyone feel that other recent cases when people are missing (such as Sarah Everard) were given far more coverage than this one?

There is a thing called "white girl syndrome" where missing white girls/women tend to get far more media coverage. Saying that I think the Sarah case got so much coverage mainly because of how bizarre it was someone vanished off a street in a city with one of the highest camera rates in the world with no previous of depression or dodgy dealings etc. It was like Corrie McKeague where it just didn't make sense and they never appeared on any exit from the location on camera.

The temperatures were close to freezing that night. I can't see him being outdoors from 9pm to midnight in what looks like just a sweatshirt, young or not. Surely he must have been inside somewhere for most of that time. I'm presuming he didn't make any purchases either or they would be able to say where he was and get a better idea of his reasons for being out, between leaving home and getting in the taxi.

I think they have something that is directing them somewhere else. It's the easter bank holiday and the 1st one since the restrictions have eased - Epping forest will get its fair share of foot fall over the next 4 days and you'd think they'd want to take advantage of that if they felt he was in there or there was evidence.

bbm

I agree, sadly. If we assume that LE feel Epping Forest has yielded all the evidence it has to offer, then my feeling is that whatever they've learned from yesterday's search is likely to be shared with the family only for the time being.

The temperatures were close to freezing that night. I can't see him being outdoors from 9pm to midnight in what looks like just a sweatshirt, young or not. Surely he must have been inside somewhere for most of that time. I'm presuming he didn't make any purchases either or they would be able to say where he was and get a better idea of his reasons for being out, between leaving home and getting in the taxi.

He was known to frequent London’s Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham areas.
The bus was heading to the W2 area, so IMO he may have met someone there for a couple of hours then went on to Loughton.

JMO

Police release new images of missing student Richard Okorogheye

Last edited:

And from after midnight onward as the temperature would have been dropping significantly after he got out of that cab. Cold is a trigger for sickle cell crisis which he no doubt would know. Which makes it all the more difficult to understand why he would not have worn a coat.

He was known to frequent London’s Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham areas.
The bus was heading to the W2 area, so IMO he met someone there for a couple of hours then went on to Loughton.

JMO

I think the trip to W2 is key, he could just have got the taxi from his to Epping Forest.

If suicidal I wonder if he could have tried Hyde Park/Green Park etc and realised they weren't as secluded as he desired?
Is there some kind of train service from Paddington that he could have missed?

There are a few hours there that are unaccounted for including the 9pm phone call that he must have seen and ignored.

Deleted! Sorry I am still getting the hang of things on here!

FYI, Richard's own FB page (not that he has one afaik) and any official group dedicated to finding him/discussing his disappearance are allowed to be linked, but we can't discuss or quote from any of the hearsay that random people may have posted there or elsewhere on social media. In due course, if a suspect or POI is officially named, their social media is allowed too, but not before. Anything to do with U18s is never allowed.

In an interview with GCFRNG, his father, Christian Okorogheye described him as a tall and strong teenager who enjoys talking to his friend.

His father also blames his disappearance on depression following the lockdown and long stay at home.

“He is a tall strong man; he enjoys talking to his friends. At a point, he got cut off from his friends. Somehow, it happened that he met some people who we were not 100% sure about.

“It has been very devastating. I don’t know how to describe it but it is serious. All we want to do now is how to get him back and tell us his story.

“Richard has been on some kind of setting at home and I think that got him depressed in some ways. When you keep someone at home for like one month plus, and with all these things happening, it added to it. I think he got really fed up of the whole thing,” Christian Okorogheye told GCFRNG.

‘It Is Very Devastating,’ Father Of Missing Nigerian Teenager In London Calls For Help – GCFRNG
I think his father's comments are interestting and insightful.

It seems to me that after he gets out of the taxi he takes his phone out of his bag. If that's what he's doing, it suggests he wasn't using it in the taxi, at least in the latter part of the journey. I find that kind of unusual.

Or is it already in his hand as he gets out?

Did he just want to use it for the torch? Is the road lit beyond that point?

footage https://twitter.com/TJFrancisLive/status/1377616880639299592

It seems to me that after he gets out of the taxi he takes his phone out of his bag. If that's what he's doing, it suggests he wasn't using it in the taxi, at least in the latter part of the journey. I find that kind of unusual.

To me it looks like he has it in his hand already when he gets out as for a second you can see an illuminated rectangle as he is climbing out the cab. It looks like he's holding his bag too by this point so then swaps hands as he is walking along the street and you can see the phone again. JMO

I thought the opposite. ;)
I saw the light on the phone just as he got out of the taxi (possibly just paid using his phone).
Then I think he put his phone INTO his Addidas bag ETA Still see the light on the phone.

I saw the light on the phone just as he got out of the taxi (possibly just paid using his phone).
Then I think he put his phone INTO his Addidas bag after switching it off.
Yes I think it's already in his hand as he gets out of the car, but I don't think he puts it in his bag, I think he's still holding it.

Then I think he put his phone INTO his Addidas bag after switching it off.

I think his phone is in his left hand as he walks out of the shot of the security camera? And he appears to look down at it around this point as well. Again just what I think I can see and could be totally wrong! JMO

To me it looks like he has it in his hand already when he gets out as for a second you can see an illuminated rectangle as he is climbing out the cab. It looks like he's holding his bag too by this point so then swaps hands as he is walking along the street and you can see the phone again. JMO
Yes I think you're right, I think he doesn't put anything in or take anything out of his bag, I think he's just swapping which hand he's holding the bag with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9