Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the lack of coat assumed greater significance because of Richard’s Sickle Cell Disease. My understanding is that cold can cause significant pain and potentially a Sickle Cell crisis. JMO, I’m not an expert.

Yes it can, but not in all people with SC.
Exercise can also cause a crisis, but we know RO played basketball.
We don't really know his limitations or what may have triggered a crisis for him.

@tedtink, I agree, I think his Mum would have caught it if he was depressed. I have a 17 y/o & while she is normally not a social person at all, it's been hard for her. She's not depressed, more just A)being a teen-ager and B)being really really bored and knowing there is nowhere to go & nothing to do. And she feels like the future is on hold.

I can imagine Richard having some of the same feelings.

As far as the coat, maybe he had on a vest and a tee-shirt under his hoodie. And some hoodies are quite heavyweight and warm. That looked like a higher-end brand name one, so maybe he was layering for warmth?

Also of note: Water hides a lot of evidence.

All MOO

There was no questioning or challenging by his Mum regarding him going to see a friend, considering he was shielding, I doubt it was the first time, IMO he was 'getting out' a little.

That's because the shielding advice then in force allowed daily outdoors exercise, and meeting one person to exercise with. Shielding, which was always advisory not compulsory, said you should try to stick with just the one other person, because even with social distancing, the more people you meet the greater your risk.

I suppose that as he was in a household with his mother, she should have been the one he exercised with, but that wasn't always going to be possible on a nursing shift pattern. And the consequences of stay-at-home nigh-on full isolation for months (as per March-June 2020) were considered too severe to be reimposed in later shielding.

There was no questioning or challenging by his Mum regarding him going to see a friend, considering he was shielding, I doubt it was the first time, IMO he was 'getting out' a little.

That's because the shielding advice then in force allowed daily outdoors exercise, and meeting one person to exercise with. Shielding, which was always advisory not compulsory, said you should try to stick with just the one other person, because even with social distancing, the more people you meet the greater your risk.

I suppose that as he was in a household with his mother, she should have been the one he exercised with, but that wasn't always going to be possible on a nursing shift pattern. And the consequences of stay-at-home nigh-on full isolation for months (as per March-June 2020) were considered too severe to be reimposed in later shielding.

She said she thought he had gone to see a friend in the same block as he told her he was going to see a friend.
Households can't mix atm or couldn't then.
She went there to see if he'd been there.
IMO this doesn't suggest going for a walk or exercising with a friend, otherwise I think she would have been more specific, by saying 'going out with a friend'.
JMO

@tedtink, I agree, I think his Mum would have caught it if he was depressed. I have a 17 y/o & while she is normally not a social person at all, it's been hard for her. She's not depressed, more just A)being a teen-ager and B)being really really bored and knowing there is nowhere to go & nothing to do. And she feels like the future is on hold.

Pretty much every mum thinks this though, I was suicidal as a teenager and my mum had and still has no idea there are times I left the house to chill close to the train lines while I contemplated if that day was going to be the one.

Not all depression has to be obvious or leave clear signs that someone can't attribute to being a teenager etc

Last edited:
I think positives are that :
  • There appears to be CCTV in the building he lives in based on some of it being released which can hopefully give some insight on if he's left at other times his mum isn't aware of
  • Any vehicle traffic from the last CCTV to the body location should be picked up on Robin Hood's CCTV, it appears they'd be able to tell any vehicles coming from Earl's Path and making the right turn
  • Most traffic going into Earl's Path should be picked up on one camera or another so it should theoretically be possible to find vehicles that take an abnormal amount of time to reappear around the time of the disappearance
If there is any vehicles involved I think they should come into focus pretty quickly. If Richard walked that way the Police should know.

If he or no suspicious vehicles are found on those cams (I really hope they work) then to me it would suggest a route via the forest. I think one person would struggle to drag a 6ft adult male the best part of a km through trails. So at that point he's gone towards the Pond of his own accord or been coerced to me. What level of threat does a 19 year old "strong" male need to be under in a pitch black forest where he's not going to attempt to run for it or fight back? I just struggle to see him walking 1km deeper into the forest at knife point etc.

Pretty much every mum thinks this though

I disagree that 'pretty much every Mum thinks this'.
A lot of Mum's can notice the differences between kids acting out and actual clinical depression that leads to suicide.
Whilst most ruminations of suicide and the act of suicide are usually a closely guarded secret by the sufferer, there are usually clues that are picked up on by perceptive and MH educated parents.

A lot of Mum's can notice the differences between kids acting out and actual clinical depression that leads to suicide.
Whilst most ruminations of suicide and the act of suicide are usually a closely guarded secret by the sufferer, there are usually clues that are picked up on by perceptive and MH educated parents.

BBM

I respectfully argue with your bolded statement and ask what evidence do you have to support it?

I believe " a lot of Mums" are grieving the tragic loss of a child and would strongly disagree with you.

BBM

I respectfully argue with your bolded statement and ask what evidence do you have to support it?

I believe " a lot of Mums" are grieving the tragic loss of a child and would strongly disagree with you.

My reply was to a previous poster, please read the whole conversation before you ask for evidence thank you.

Every might be a stretch but any decent parent likes to think they know their child well and would realise something was going on. Yet teenage pregnancies, abuse, suicides etc happen all the time that take decent parents completely by surprise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back