Found Safe UK - Riina Sjogren, 38, Finnish tourist, Edinburgh, 9 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a WS link, but did find google helpful when entering name and Prestwick Airport.

It sounds so similar.... and I am trying to understand what would make someone leave their belongings behind and just exit?
Something IMOO that might either be fear - fear of being stalked? Or having been abducted? Nothing makes any sense. :(
The thing about feeling like one is being stalked these days is, it could be as a result of being paranoid/mental illness and the very real and far too common case of actually being stalked!
imo, speculation.

Taskforce88 - Could you please provide the link to this case of the Swedish woman? I would like to read full details and I can't find it. Thank you!

In-depth piece here: http://www.scottishreview.net/AnnieBorjesson.pdf

I believe she traveled by train to the airport but then went and bought a parking ticket. Something else about a strange man in Edinburgh 'following' her. He may have been there at the airport too. She went back down the walkway towards the train station in a hurry, after getting her ticket, leaving her luggage behind. Was last seen apparently talking to two 'American' men. It was ruled as a suicide, drowning by seawater, but the water in her lungs was freshwater, her hair had been cropped and she had been injured in a fall or struggle. Her body was quickly embalmed in London and sent home. Her clothes had been changed as well.

The report above is slightly different to what her friends and family say. It does however give a good overview.

The woman's friend I spoke too was a bit suspicious of me, I was asking questions and analyzing theories. In the end, she abruptly changed her views and wished me a good day.

Once you're through the checkpoint, don't you have to go through passport control to get out again?

Jan 17

POLICE investigating the disappearance of a religious Finnish tourist from*EdinburghAirport will approach churches and monasteries in a bid to trace her nine days after she vanished.

Her sister Kirsi Sjögren said she did not get a chance to talk about why she left her job and added: “I wish I knew why she went to Edinburgh. No-one seems to know why she travelled there.”

Ms Sjögren said one of the family’s first ideas was that she might have sought refuge in a church.

*advertiser censored*Police Scotland*source said: “Because she was a religious education teacher, and was very interested in world religion, that is forming a line of our inquiry.

“She might have gone to a churches, or any kind of Christian organisation or any other religion.* Mainly we are checking out the churches.**

“We are looking at anywhere she may have got to follow her interests including colleges and churches.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...e_riddle_of_missing_Finnish_religion_teacher/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Just saw in the local news that she's been found safe!! http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2018/01/missing-finnish-tourist-found-safe/

Edinburgh Police have confirmed this morning that 38-year-old Riina Elisabeth Sjögren, who was last seen in York Place on Tuesday, 9 January 2018, has now been traced safe.

She was found at 9am today on Palmerston Place.

Police thank those who helped with the search.
There is a cathedral on that road, so maybe the church connection was the right lead to follow. I hope she finds whatever solace and help she needs.

Just saw in the local news that she's been found safe!! http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2018/01/missing-finnish-tourist-found-safe/

There is a cathedral on that road, so maybe the church connection was the right lead to follow. I hope she finds whatever solace and help she needs.

This is fantastic news! :happydance:I really hope next time she decides to take off for a few days she tells her family beforehand that she needs some time alone. They have been worried sick with her disappearance.

Thank you to everyone here for all the interest and concern shown. I'm really glad to say that this hadn't turned out as badly as I'd feared. Thank you all.

I’m sooo happy ❤️[emoji4]❤️[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had just caught up to you all and saw the great news. I was very worried for her out in the cold weather and no coat. Hope she’s ok and being looked after,

Thrilled.....great news!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

A little surprised, but very pleased!

By the way, welcome to all the new Wsers!
:Welcome1:

Hmm, interesting post.

Do you know about the Swedish woman who disappeared from Prestwick Airport back in 2005? She disappeared under similar circumstances and was found dead a short while later.

She appears to have had a stalker - or thought she had. I was talking to her friend 2 years ago, she said she had told her she was being followed.

The Swedish woman had the exact same name as an investigative journalist who had exposed CIA flights in and out of Prestwick.

Here is an in depth report about the case of a Swedish woman dying in Scotland mentioned in the post above:

What Happened To Annie? Inside the mystery 'suicide'

I chatted with a friend of Annie a few years ago. I was planning on doing limited invitation work at the airport since I live not too far away. Some things got a bit 'complicated' shall we say and she broke off contact. We had a very strange discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow