Found Deceased UK - Ronnie Benjamin, 18, reported missing from Brentwood, Essex on 08 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Normal Norm

Reaction score
Essex Police are asking for the public's help in finding Ronnie Benjamin, 18, who is missing from Brentwood.

1707675093350.png

Ronnie was reported missing on Thursday 8 [Feb 2024] and hasn’t been in touch with his family since and they are worried about him.

The 18-year-old is described as white, 6ft tall with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a puffa jacket and Nike track suit.

Ronnie also has links to Romford.

Essex Police Facebook appeal page
Essex Police Facebook homepage

It looks like there may be a sad outcome to this, judging by a comment on the Essex Police Facebook appeal. There has been no official confirmation. The police will be blamed, I am sure. I suspect that there is some sort of back story to Ronnie's disappearance that hasn't been made public, but I could be wrong.

It looks like there may be a sad outcome to this, judging by a comment on the Essex Police Facebook appeal. There has been no official confirmation. The police will be blamed, I am sure. I suspect that there is some sort of back story to Ronnie's disappearance that hasn't been made public, but I could be wrong.
It looks like he was in a very vulnerable state when he went missing and Essex police didn’t react immediately but just days later :(

Official sad confirmation
The search for missing man Ronnie Benjamin has been halted after the body of a man was located at #Brentwood on Sunday 11 February.
Although formal identification is yet to be carried out, Ronnie’s family have been informed of the development and are being supported by officers.
Ronnie, 18, was reported missing on Thursday 8 February.
Our thoughts continue to be with Ronnie’s family and loved ones at this very difficult time.

It looks like he was in a very vulnerable state when he went missing and Essex police didn’t react immediately but just days later :(

I have been following a similar case, also in Essex, of a 17 year old missing girl called Layla Blake. Sadly, her family have just announced that her body has been found. Despite several days of social media appeals by her family, there does not appear to have been any police appeal. I am sure Essex Police will be bracing themselves for more criticism, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for the IOPC to review their handling of this case, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk
Back