UK UK - Rory Johnson-Hatfield, 29, York, 20 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lytham man who never came home from a night out six years ago

The family and friends of a Lancashire man who went missing in 2015 have renewed their calls for information.

...SBM

Rory was living in Skipton, West Yorkshire, at the time of his disappearance and has been the subject of several campaigns from North Yorkshire Constabulary.

Now, a Facebook volunteer group run by family and friends looking to aid in the search for Rory have renewed calls for information.

The group are asking the public to hand over any relevant information to the police, in the run up to the sixth anniversary of his disappearance.

Chief Inspector Allan Wescott, spoke following the five-year anniversary of Rory's disappearance saying that Doug Hamilton and Liz Johnson (Rory's parents) hoped for news of their son "every single day."

...SBM

“The North Yorkshire Police missing person inquiry into Rory’s disappearance remains open and we will follow-up any new lead which comes to light.

“We are still urging people to come forward with information that has not yet been shared with the police.

"No matter how big or small this detail is, you could hold the key that unlocks the answers Rory’s family have been waiting five painful years for."

...SBM

Rory is just one of six long-term missing persons cases being handled by North Yorkshire police at the time of writing.

In 2018, an appeal to find Rory was aired on the BBC show Crimewatch.

Police continue to appeal for information regarding Rory’s movements that night, particularly the six minute time period between Rory heading into York and back out, along Tower Street and as he made his way over Skeldergate Bridge.

Anyone with any information which would assist police enquiries is asked to contact police on 101 to use the reference 12150207141.

If you would prefer to remain anonymous you can pass the information to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or make a report via their website.

I work in York and this is frequently in my mind. I still maintain that he (for whatever reason) sadly drowned in the river Ouse. The circumstances are strange and there are still lots of unanswered questions (I expect the police have withheld certain crucial facts) but I think drowning in the river is the only logical explanation. So sad.

Family identify CCTV images as missing Skipton man Rory Johnson-Hatfield as the search continues

UPDATE: Friday, November 27. *River Searches Suspended*

POLICE searching for missing Rory Johnson-Hatfield, who disappeared in York last week, have today revealed more about their investigation.

Rory, 29, was last seen on CCTV in the early hours of Friday, November 20, close to the City Mills area of York after drinking at a hotel and pub in the city.

Superintendent Adam Thomson said police had worked with Police Scotland to identify the man Rory had been drinking with on the night he disappeared, and that man had voluntarily returned to York to assist with the police search.

Supt Thomson said: "That witness is not a York resident and cannot identify the pub. He has returned to York to try and help us identify the pub, but could not do so from walking the ground with the police officers.

"The big problem is that we still don't know what that last pub was. The man gave a rough description of the inside of the pub, but that can fit a lot of the small pubs in the city."

Supt Thomson said 3D and sonar searches of the river had taken place from the City Mills area to the A64 in the last week, but although police still considered the river as "one strong line of enquiry", they have now been suspended.

BBM - It might help to tell the public those descriptions, someone surely would be able to recognise it!

The witness couldn't show them which pub it was? Were they very drunk? Have flyers been shown to all pubs in the city?
I stayed at that hotel a few years ago and also went to many pubs and got very drunk. If I went back now, I would be able to recognise which pubs they were by their interiors

Wondering why the ‘RJH is missing’ FB page doesn’t mention this

Nicola Bulley's disappearance has thrust the search for missing people firmly back into the spotlight and reminded people of how traumatic disappearances can be on loved ones.

On January 27, Nicola Bulley, 45, dropped her two young girls off at school before taking her brown spaniel Willow for a walk along the River Wyre in the village of St Michael's, Lancashire. Nicola, affectionately known as Nikki to friends and family, was on her mobile phone and dialled into a work call when she disappeared.

Partner Paul Ansell's anxious wait for answers is sadly shared by many Yorkshire families, whose relatives went missing without a trace and have not been found.

Below are some of the people who are missing in Yorkshire and whose families understand exactly what Nicola's family are going through. If you have any information on any of these cases, please contact the police immediately.

Bumping to keep this thread alive in 2024

I work in York and know the city very well and I remember this case so clearly. I do sadly think he fell in the river but I still have so many questions. The ‘olde worlde’ pub that the new ‘friend’ said they went to simply does not exist in that tiny time-gap in between the CCTV sighting. Why was he running? Why does it look like he is hiding on the balcony of the old people home? Why did he go right and not left and back to the hotel? It’s literally a minute away from Ali G’s pizza place (the CCTV of him running) - so peculiar. But I would love for his family to get some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back