UK UK - Ruth Wilson, 16, Dorking, 27 Nov 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the only problem is ruth dident live in betchford when her mum killed herself so nobody local should of known about it.

That brings more intrigue as to why she was compelled to get a copy of her mothers death certificate. Unless we're reading too much into this and it was for a school project or curiosity.

What year did the family move to Betchworth?

i belive ruths father is being somewhat misleading in his statments understanbly so i belive it wasnt her school report she hid from him it was the death certifcate.

sh dident want him to know that she knew.

ifully understand him not wnting tomake that public though.
The only issue with that, is it suggests that her school grades were dropping and the reason for her being depressed.
It only come to light with the documentary that she had found out about the cause of her Mother's death.
I wonder if the police knew this at the time?

The only issue with that, is it suggests that her school grades were dropping and the reason for her being depressed.
It only come to light with the documentary that she had found out about the cause of her Mother's death.
I wonder if the police knew this at the time?

I don't believe even the family knew she had found out until the documentary makers informed them. There were a lot of secrets in this family imho.

the thing is techers dont make any mention of her grades slipping the only source i can find for that is her father if her grades were slipping they culdent of been that bad.

the thing is techers dont make any mention of her grades slipping the only source i can find for that is her father if her grades were slipping they culdent of been that bad.

I wonder if her grades slipped after finding out about her Mum, or whether there were other tensions happening in her life

maybe to much is being mae of her grades i mean bad i mean falling graades dont allways mean you unhappy in a lot of cases it means the reverse.

in grades often fall just becouse you to busy with other things.

the thing is you couldent just go london and look at a death certificate in those days things may have changed now.

you wuld have request that a copy of the certificate be sent to you.

and where would ruth of had it sent to she wouldent of had it sent to her own address thats for sure.

I am not sure this is quite correct. From 1997 family history records were centred at the Family Records Centre in Clerkenwell, including birth, marriage and death records. You could go in, look up the record in the index and order the certificate at a desk. Prior to 1997 the death records were at St Catherines House. I used the Clerkenwell site many times (before all the records were moved to Kew circa 2007) and the system worked well. However I never went to St Catherines House so cannot guarantee the same facility was available there in 1995. If it was then Ruth could have visited London to view the certificate.

But something alerted Ruth to the fact that she didn't know the whole truth. The immediate family have said they didn't know she had found out. I think this points to someone outside the family but close to them tippng her off.

Mother's side of the family? They may have helped her financially. It makes some sense that she went to Box Hill that night to wait for someone to pick her up.

But something alerted Ruth to the fact that she didn't know the whole truth. The immediate family have said they didn't know she had found out. I think this points to someone outside the family but close to them tippng her off.

Mother's side of the family? They may have helped her financially. It makes some sense that she went to Box Hill that night to wait for someone to pick her up.

I do not think she was necessarily tipped off by family or anyone close to them. Nesta Wilson committed suicide when the family were already living in Betchworth. Betchworth is a village and, like most villages, such an event would have been well known in the village. It is just as likely that someone let her know without realising she did not know the circumstances of her mothers death - perhaps a school friend who had found out from their parents? I am not saying this is the case, only that it is as possible as any other source. Given that they were still living in the village I am only surprised it took 16 years for her to be told.

the notes ruth left on he hill a rather strange she couldent of writtan them when she was there becouse it was to dark so she must of allready had those notes on her but if so why did she leave them under a hedge were they might not be found why wouldent she post them to me it looks like ruth or sombody else put them there to make it look like that was were last was but in whos intrests would it be to do that

the other thing is ruth had wanted to leave dorking she had in freind in sheffeild whould put her up so he had to do was go toshefeild so dident she.

Did Ruth order the flowers over the phone or in person? How was her demeanor according to the clerk? Was it ever determined to be her SM birthday/anniversary/etc;? When she’s dropped off where was she standing that made the cabbie feel like she was acting strangely? Sidewalk? In street? MOO

Did Ruth order the flowers over the phone or in person? How was her demeanor according to the clerk? Was it ever determined to be her SM birthday/anniversary/etc;? When she’s dropped off where was she standing that made the cabbie feel like she was acting strangely? Sidewalk? In street? MOO
Apparently she ordered the flowers in person In shop in Dorking.
The cabbie dropped her outside a pub which I believe is down a country lane on Boxhill - I may be wrong. She just stood there, didn’t move until after he drove off - as if she didn’t want him to see what she did next.

can we be sure it was ruth that ordered those flowers there was no card attached.

i woul of assumed it was a cash transaction if so you cant be certan it was rth that sent them

It shows on youtube on the documentary footage where she was dropped off.

can we be sure it was ruth that ordered those flowers there was no card attached.

i woul of assumed it was a cash transaction if so you cant be certan it was rth that sent them

Are you suggesting, without saying, that someone else, possibly her Dad (??) sent the flowers with no card knowing the stepmother would think they were from Ruth? What is the proof who ordered the flowers? And like the poster says further up, were they ordered by phone or in person? I can't remember those minor facts.

well i am sayin is becouse ruth went missing they have just assumed it was ruth that sent the flowers and it probely was but theres no certan proof why no card atached without a card you cant be sure who sent them .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back