UK - Ryan Watson, 24, hit by car, Rode Heath, Cheshire, 6 May 2022 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

phildav76

Reaction score
Ryan Watson, from Rode Heath, died on Friday 6 May following a collision on the A533, Sandbach Road, at around 11.40pm.

The 24-year-old, who was originally from Cheadle, Staffordshire, leaves behind his family, friends and his much-loved French Bulldogs.

Detectives investigating the death of a 24-year-old man in Rode Heath have now charged a woman in connection with the incident.

Ryan Watson died at around 11.40pm on Friday 6 May after he was hit by a black Ford Fiesta Zetec on Sandbach Road.

The driver of the car, Alice Wood, was arrested following the collision before being released on bail.

'A woman who dragged her fiancé under her car after a row at a party has been convicted of murder.'
Alice Wood, 23, had denied killing Ryan Watson, 24, near the home they shared in Rode Heath, Cheshire, on 6 May 2022.
But after a trial at Chester Crown Court, the jury found Wood guilty.
She hit Mr Watson with her Ford Fiesta, before dragging him for 158 metres underneath it, after he had "clicked" with another woman at the party to celebrate a 60th birthday.
Wood had denied murder and an alternative count of manslaughter, claiming Mr Watson's death had been a "tragic accident".
The philosophy student had told her trial she did not realise he was trapped underneath her car when she drove up Sandbach Road, before stopping.
Just before Mr Watson's death, Wood had accused him of flirting with another woman at the party, held in Hanley to celebrate the birthday of a service user of the charity he worked for. There had also been tension between the pair - who had both been drinking alcohol - as they argued over who was driving home, the prosecution had told the court.'

She will be sentenced at the same court on Monday 29 January.

Last edited:
I wonder what the sentence will be. With the weapon being a car there are no specific guidelines (that I can see at least) for a starting point like there are for knife and firearms related murder offences.
Not sure but I noticed there is also another link which has the judge warning her of life imprisonment :

'Wood showed no emotion as the jury returned its unanimous verdict after less than eight hours of deliberation.

Judge Michael Leeming further remanded her in custody and told her she “may never be released”.
He said: “You have been convicted of the murder of Ryan Watson. There is only one sentence that the law allows and that is life imprisonment.

“I am required to consider the minimum term you must serve in custody before the Parole Board deems it safe for you to be released.
“You may never be released. It is a matter entirely for the Parole Board.”

and a few more details
'
Wood drove Mr Watson's Fiat Punto, home, but after both getting out, at around 11.20pm, she was seen on CCTV getting into her own car, a Ford Fiesta, and reversing it out of its space while her boyfriend is seen walking around in the vicinity.

Neighbours then reported hearing shouting, doors slamming, and a car engine revving, before CCTV shows the Fiesta reversing towards Mr Watson, almost hitting him.

Wood drove towards Mr Watson a second time, onto Sandbach Road, knocking him onto the bonnet.

Footage showed Ryan walking away from the collision but Wood deliberately drove at him a third time, hitting him and sending him under the car.

After being arrested at the scene, Wood failed a roadside breath test, registering almost twice the legal limit with 61 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, with the legal limit at 35.

On arrest she told officers, "it’s fine, I deserve it".

Glad she was convicted. I hope she gets sentenced to life. This was horrific. Just unbelievable.
The sentence for murder in England & Wales is always life, but usually with the possibility of parole after a minimum sentence is served. The judge will have to decide the minimum term and then after the minimum is served she will have to apply for parole and spend the rest of her life out on license.

The sentence for murder in England & Wales is always life, but usually with the possibility of parole after a minimum sentence is served. The judge will have to decide the minimum term and then after the minimum is served she will have to apply for parole and spend the rest of her life out on license.
Thanks for the explanation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back