UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the park probably was deserted and not full of dog-walkers and joggers if someone could carry a body over his shoulder for a quarter of a mile and not raise suspicion.

It baffles me that the suspect could kill someone outside these buildings, and carry them over their shoulder into the park at such a time. How did no-one see this?

So the first man arrested was known to her. Will be interesting to see if any charges are brought against him.

On the same day a man in his 40s and known to her was the first to be arrested on suspicion of her murder. He was later released under investigation.

Amazingly bold with the risk of being seen. Seems like he was intent on his purpose.

The attack CCTV, first reported by the Daily Telegraph, shows an assailant apparently striking Sabina on the head with an object moments after she left her house.

He then carries her over his shoulder in the direction of Cator Park, a police source told the newspaper.

The man, pictured with balding, brown hair and in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured jacket and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in Pegler Square, close to Kidbrooke rail station at the north end of Cator Park, on the evening of Sabina's attack.

Sabina Nessa 'hit over head near her home' | Daily Mail Online

Well done for doing that. I'm wondering how many people he would have met. It's as if all these newly built 'modern and cosmopolitan' estates are just

a of a risk for crime as high risk council estates were.

If it was committed by a person known to her the location becomes less relevant . It would have happened if she had been living anywhere.

This is where I am at too. Somehow got wind of her plan to see this “old friend” on a date and was perhaps able to involve friend?/brother? in a plan maybe initially to “spook” her (possibly didn’t tell accomplice what actual plan was) but ultimately overpowered and murdered her to prevent her from moving on with her life. This is really not an uncommon occurrence at all. <modsnip > I’m now thinking it is the more-common-than-it-ought-to-be pathetic man not dealing with being told he can’t have what he wants. So stops anyone else having her.

This seems a more likely occurrence than a stranger being so opportunistic as to overpower her straight out of her front door.

It's looking increasingly likely. Have to say though it's not so common in such cases for the guy to bring his mates along with him is it? <modsnip> Of course it's possible that their involvement is limited and they had nothing directly to do with it and of course we don't know how many people at this stage could be involved. It seems a bit odd to me also that the police are seeking a guy and they don't know his identity. They must know who the ex is and his family etc yet they have gone fairly high profile in the appeal to find this man and they seem to have no idea who he is.

'Any information as to his identity or whereabouts could be vital for our investigation so we are asking you to share this image far and wide to ensure as many people as possible see it.'

Maybe they do know but are seeking confirmation. Not sure if that's a standard thing they do or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It baffles me that the suspect could kill someone outside these buildings, and carry them over their shoulder into the park at such a time. How did no-one see this?

I live in a flat, and I can't really see much of what happens in the street directly below me. Looking at the satellite view he could have crossed the little bridge at the end of Astell Road, or maybe just walked along the near side of the lake, and avoided people that way. He would just have to cross Cambert Way, but could stay amongst the trees maybe. No one found the body until 5.30 pm on Saturday, so though the main pathways may be well used maybe the rest isn't.

SN may have left her flat to buy something small from a local shop and was attacked on her return to the flat. This happened before she planned to leave for her date.

SN may have left her flat to buy something small from a local shop and was attacked on her return to the flat. This happened before she planned to leave for her date.

The local shop’s are in the square where the depot pub is located.. it’s the central square (although not in a central location) which is pretty much the “hub” of the community

If it was committed by a person known to her the location becomes less relevant . It would have happened if she had been living anywhere.

Yes, but no need to make it any easier with more poor design of housing.

Being attacked with a hammer sounds like she was definitely individually targeted, or at very least that man set out with the intention to inflict serious injury if not death.

Sabina Nessa attacked by man 'armed with hammer' moments after she left her flat

Looks like a hit doesn't it? Likely the ex in custody for arranging it and the guy they are seeking the actual perpetrator. Still think the first arrest was probably nothing to do with it, in fact that seems more of a certainty as releasing anyone involved with this case would be extremely risky as there's a good chance they'll flee and never be seen again.

It's looking increasingly likely. Have to say though it's not so common in such cases for the guy to bring his mates along with him is it? <modsnip> Of course it's possible that their involvement is limited and they had nothing directly to do with it and of course we don't know how many people at this stage could be involved. It seems a bit odd to me also that the police are seeking a guy and they don't know his identity. They must know who the ex is and his family etc yet they have gone fairly high profile in the appeal to find this man and they seem to have no idea who he is.

'Any information as to his identity or whereabouts could be vital for our investigation so we are asking you to share this image far and wide to ensure as many people as possible see it.'

Maybe they do know but are seeking confirmation. Not sure if that's a standard thing they do or not.

I would be very surprised if the police did not now know the identity of the man they are looking for. I would have thought they would have been able to track his movements on cctv and trace the journey the silver car took. It is possible he could be in hiding somewhere being protected by friends or family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very surprised if the police did not now know the identity of the man they are looking for. I would have thought they would have been able to track his movements on cctv and trace the journey the silver car took It is possible he could be in hiding same being protected by friends or family.

I was thinking this but why not just release it then? Wouldn't that not make it easier to track him down? And why say this:

I don't see what they are gaining by withholding his identity if it is known.

Looks like a hit doesn't it? Likely the ex in custody for arranging it and the guy they are seeking the actual perpetrator. Still think the first arrest was probably nothing to do with it, in fact that seems more of a certainty as releasing anyone involved with this case would be extremely risky as there's a good chance they'll flee and never be seen again.

I agree that it does look like a hit ,though not done by a top of the range hitman.

Agreed that enlisting outside help is rare. But maybe the reporting is just a bit garbled and the person in custody is also the person in the cctv. So we are not talking about 2 potential suspects but one, who is in custody but was caught on that cctv. But the police won’t confirm that until they have a bit more concrete evidence and don’t want to “lead the public” as it were by giving away too much info about him at this stage (especially if they have not charged him as that gets into the realm of trial by public and potentially compromises any future trial if they, for instance, released the cctv of him actually attacking her. Which they will save for any trial).

It might be the only image the police have of him at this stage and they have released it to try to get more info from the public regarding his movements that night to build their case.

Last edited:
I was thinking this but why not just release it then? Wouldn't that not make it easier to track him down? And why say this:

I don't see what they are gaining by withholding his identity if it is known.

It could be to lure him into a false sense of security thinking the police have not identified him or that possibly he is known to use a variety of alias names.

Agreed that enlisting outside help is rare. But maybe the reporting is just a bit garbled and the person in custody is also the person in the cctv. So we are not talking about 2 potential suspects but one, who is in custody but was caught on that cctv. But the police won’t confirm that until they have a bit more concrete evidence and don’t want to “lead the public” as it were by giving away too much info about him at this stage (especially if they have not charged him as that gets into the realm of total by public and potentially compromises any future trial if they, for instance, released the cctv of him actually attacking her. Which they will save for any trial).

It might be the only image the police have of him at this stage and they have released it to try to get more info from the public regarding his movements that night to build their case.

Police have already stated the man in custody and the one in the images are two different people.

I really do not think the design of the housing had anything to do with this. At least there were security cameras which captured the attack.

The design of the housing has been subject to debate long before this happened, Berkeley homes got greedy and have built way more homes than what was planned. The first people who moved in felt reassured by “security patrols” but soon realised when they stopped that those patrols were just protecting the tools on the building sites rather than the residents themselves.
The problem with new “villages” like this is that people assume the money they and their neighbours are spending equates to the place being a safe and “nice” area.. but it doesn’t and whether his is a personal or random attack it is evidence of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member