UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to tell if the man arrested and the man in the stills are different, from the current reporting. Although the Daily Mail says “another” man, they’ve clearly pushed that article out fast and I am not sure whether we actually know these are two separate men yet.

Not to be too grim but couldn’t help be struck by the red hands the man in the stills has… it looks very alarming to me.

Hey everyone, can not believe we here yet again for the 3rd time in just over 18 months and yet again, this has been a murder of a young woman in London. I've been a Londoner all my life, never known it to be so unsafe for women.

Anyway, I read through the thread and a few things that strike me; The police haven't said if they have retrieved her belongings, regarding "First Date Guy" if I had been stood up for a first date, no matter how long I'd known the person for, I would've sent a gentle text and made no big deal of it, people get cold feet all the time and you don't want to look desperate by making a big thing out of it, especially if you really liked the person.

I do wonder if this could have been a a robbery gone wrong?
Are you referring to Sarah Everard and the two sisters from Wembley or have I missed someone?

Just to clarify I'm not suggesting cousin personally knows the perpetrator. Just that when I heard his statement on the radio it sounded to me like he had some understanding i.e. the police had indicated they knew who it was and he was aware of that.

Yes, understood.

Interesting wording by the police re cctv man. They don't ask for him to contact them, they don't ask for the public's help in indentifying him. All they ask is if anyone knows him or has seen him in the past few days

IMO it’s one and the same person. Tabloids have tendency to publish online quickly and then amend later.

The man in the cctv image does look as if could be around 38, in my opinion. Things seem to have moved very rapidly. I wonder if the image was found and he was recognised by someone who knew her, and then the image was released. Is there a process that has to be gone through before the image is released, maybe the investigation was running faster than the process of releasing the cctv image? maybe?

IMO it’s one and the same person. Tabloids have tendency to publish online quickly and then amend later.

I did initially think that but the official police appeal does say can you help identify this man - which seems very odd if they already have him in custody - unless more than one man is involved ?

Metropolitan Police Service
19 mins ·
Sabina Nessa Murder: Can you help identify this man? This image shows a man walking in Pegler Square, Kidbrooke on the evening Sabina was attacked - Friday 17 September. Detectives believe the man has access to this silver car - photo captured in the Pegler Square, Kidbrooke area.
We are urging anyone who recognises the man and vehicle to make contact immediately.

It is hard to tell if the man arrested and the man in the stills are different, from the current reporting. Although the Daily Mail says “another” man, they’ve clearly pushed that article out fast and I am not sure whether we actually know these are two separate men yet.

Not to be too grim but couldn’t help be struck by the red hands the man in the stills has… it looks very alarming to me.
“Any information as to his identity or whereabouts could be vital for our investigation so we are asking you to share this image far and wide to ensure as many people as possible see it.”

Sabina Nessa murder: Can you identify this man?

I did initially think that but the official police appeal does say can you help identify this man - which seems very odd if they already have him in custody - unless more than one man is involved ?

Yes, fair point.

Metropolitan Police Service
19 mins ·
Sabina Nessa Murder: Can you help identify this man? This image shows a man walking in Pegler Square, Kidbrooke on the evening Sabina was attacked - Friday 17 September. Detectives believe the man has access to this silver car - photo captured in the Pegler Square, Kidbrooke area.
We are urging anyone who recognises the man and vehicle to make contact immediately.

The Met appeal says “a second arrest” took place.

This seems quite specific, we know there was a first arrest of a man in his 40s a few days ago and I read the use of “second” being for that reason, but I could be wrong and they mean they have a suspect in custody and still appealing for stills man.

Sabina Nessa murder: Can you identify this man?

The Met needs to make a very clear statement because this is terribly confusing. Is the guy in the CCTV the guy who was just arrested and they need more information on his movements or are they looking for a completely different guy as well as the one just arrested.

True, it seems to be different men from the wording from the Met, but could be building a bigger case against one man. Two arrests already and an appeal for possibly another guy, this is unusual. Although the photos aren’t great, if you know that man personally I would say you could name him.

The Met are asking for his identity and whereabouts in the same announcement of the 38 Yr old arrest...seems not to be one and the same

Are they. Can you link? I haven't seen a police statement with the two things included?

Do we think the CCTV release was just a scheduled release but they since identified and arrested him? Seems sloppy media comms if that's that the case though and they simply forgot to cancel the post.

I agree it would be very sloppy. The statement/cctv was released about 20.25 hrs - that's an odd time for a scheduled release. It would more likely be scheduled to be released on the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02