Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They now have boats out searching the River

Not a good sign

Live updates here

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/search-sally-allan-live-updates-10667215

Interesting that it says her husband "spotted" her leaving. She must have got up without waking him and maybe he heard the door close or woke up a short time afterwards so no chance to ask where she was going or what she was doing. IMO it sounds like she left deliberately and didn't want to speak to him

I've just seen a comment from Sally's daughter in the comments section of the Daily Mail. She explains that her dad woke up to see her mum leave the bedroom at 3am and assumed she was going to get a drink. He had no idea she was going to leave the house apparently, or he would have stopped her.

Here is the link - its the top rated comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3379184/Fears-grow-mother-three-59-went-missing-hours-spending-Christmas-Day-family.html#comments
Thanks Yid I was just going to post the same after reading people's comments regarding the last sighting.

Sallys daughter and a lot of people who know the family have commented on the story to say that quite a few facts have been misreported. Makes finding people so much harder....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks Yid I was just going to post the same after reading people's comments regarding the last sighting.

Sallys daughter and a lot of people who know the family have commented on the story to say that quite a few facts have been misreported. Makes finding people so much harder....

This is exactly why it would be helpful of the police or family do a press conference when someone goes missing. Some people might say her state of mind doesn't matter, but actually, for those searching, any clues whatsoever are useful (and for us lot, too!)

This is exactly why it would be helpful of the police or family do a press conference when someone goes missing. Some people might say her state of mind doesn't matter, but actually, for those searching, any clues whatsoever are useful (and for us lot, too!)
I believe a press conference was held with the husband and son which is where details of the last sighting was detailed. Not quite sure how the papers got the wrong end of the stick. .

So would it be possible that she was sleep walking? Is she known for walking at night? Unless she wasn't able to sleep, there's really no reason to get up and go for a walk. Such a sad case.

So would it be possible that she was sleep walking? Is she known for walking at night? Unless she wasn't able to sleep, there's really no reason to get up and go for a walk. Such a sad case.
I'm not 100% clued up on sleep walking but cctv shows she was dressed in pj's, a cream fleece and anorak. I'm guessing that if she was sleep walking she woldnt have been dressed like that?

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2015-12-30/family-of-sally-allan-appeal-for-help-to-find-her/

Similarly the comments from the daughter on Daily Mail page seem to suggest Sally and husband both used the toilet before Sally went downstairs for what the husband presumed was a gkass of water so I'm guessing she was awake and fully aware at the time.

I wonder how long before hubby realised she hadn't come back up to bed?

So she left her home in Poteland around 3am and was spotted at Newcastle Quayside around 6am. That's nearly 10 miles distance to walk. The timings are right but I don't get the reasoning...

You'd hope that helicopter activity would mean that the police are still looking for a missing person b I don't understand why they haven't released any cctv stills or organised any searches. Do you think they have other cctv footage that hasn't been made public?

Hi all,
its been a long time since I posted on this site but living in the proximity to where some of the searching is on-going for Sally this case has touched me.

I am pleased that some of the facts has been cleared up as from the start I couldnt understand why her husband wouldnt question where she was going at 3am.

One thing that I am still having a hard time understanding is in the first post I ever saw on Facebook was from a lady who was out walking and was approached by a man asking if she had seen Sally at all, as he was concerned that she may be planning something very sad. In a later post by the same lady she is asking the public to keep looking for Sally and claims that the man whom she spoke to earlier was in fact David, Sallys son. If this is the case then surely that indicates that the family know something is not right/happened?

Hi all,
its been a long time since I posted on this site but living in the proximity to where some of the searching is on-going for Sally this case has touched me.

I am pleased that some of the facts has been cleared up as from the start I couldnt understand why her husband wouldnt question where she was going at 3am.

One thing that I am still having a hard time understanding is in the first post I ever saw on Facebook was from a lady who was out walking and was approached by a man asking if she had seen Sally at all, as he was concerned that she may be planning something very sad. In a later post by the same lady she is asking the public to keep looking for Sally and claims that the man whom she spoke to earlier was in fact David, Sallys son. If this is the case then surely that indicates that the family know something is not right/happened?

I think, reading between all the various lines, it seems Sally had had enough and has likely headed to the river intentionally. However, in my experience of being here, the police and her family won't tell the public this for fear of fewer people helping to search for her. Activity at the river today suggests the police are searching there, and I reckon that's where she'll be found. :(

I think, reading between all the various lines, it seems Sally had had enough and has likely headed to the river intentionally. However, in my experience of being here, the police and her family won't tell the public this for fear of fewer people helping to search for her. Activity at the river today suggests the police are searching there, and I reckon that's where she'll be found. :(

Driving home today there was a couple of police cars/vans parked up in the lay by between Wylam and Ovingham next to the river.

At present there is alot of activity on the river in Newcastle as the police are trying to talk down a young girl on the wrong side of the railings. Ironically she is dressed in pjs!

She looks like someone walking drunk or exhausted on the point of collapse. Kind of fast but not particularly well balanced. I don't have much hope but my heart goes out to Sally and her family.

She is walking pretty fast with purpose. It's possible she could be upset as well. When people are angry/upset I've seen them walk fast like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back