Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah looking at the street view it looks like a quiet neighbourhood so it probably would be quite easy to discreetly move a body, its not the sort of street that looks like it has a hell of a lot of comings and goings at any given time.

He is clearly no criminal master mind anyways because he left himself so open to being caught. While it was probably a premeditated attack, maybe he just wanted to hurt her and not actually kill her. I also wonder if there was any signs of any kind of sexual attack as well. Nothings been said but who knows at this stage

I'm wondering about the suspected kidnapping as opposed to abduction, both relate to taking and holding a person against their will but kidnapping involves a reason ie a ransom. Was there a dispute over payment for the summer house and he threatened to harm her if she didnt pay up.

It would be interesting to know when she told the colleague to inform the police if she was late for her shift. In other words, how long had she felt at risk? Weird to think that she knew she was in danger from this man.

I find it VERY sad to learn that she had been threatened & felt she was in danger.....it was serious enough to tell a colleague....but what a shame Samantha didn’t report this to the police, it could well have saved her life.

[ I live in the UK & received threatening, abusive messages for years, following a break up, and lived in fear of this man.
I was afraid the police wouldn’t take me seriously & would put it down to a ‘lovers tiff”.
I eventually went to the police & was amazed how VERY seriously they took the matter. It was dealt with immediately & effectively with the delivery of a harassment notice. This man is not allowed to contact me, in any way & if he does, will be arrested & charged.]

I suppose it's possible that she reported it to the police and they hadn't yet taken action?

I would be very surprised if a medical professional did not report actual death threats to the police, so maybe he had not gone quite that far. Maybe she just suspected that he was capable of it.

Either way, there must have been angry scenes between the two of them previously, for some reason or other.

I'm wondering about the suspected kidnapping as opposed to abduction, both relate to taking and holding a person against their will but kidnapping involves a reason ie a ransom. Was there a dispute over payment for the summer house and he threatened to harm her if she didnt pay up.

I wouldn't attach any significance to the kidnapping matter, it's a technicality. At the time there was no direct evidence that Samantha was dead. It seems clear now that she was killed at her home, so there was no kidnap or abduction.

Regarding Sam 'telling a colleague about threats' - in light of what's happened, this is obviously being taken as black and white and a serious request ... but, he wasn't a stranger or an acquaintance. They were very well known to each other and still on friendly terms with John and his family by all accounts.
She may not have taken any threats seriously herself (even if he made them seriously) and I've said to people at different times 'if I'm not back, send a search party' type comments ...

After being on Websleuths for a few years ... I've come to realise that most cases are either quite cleas cut OR absolutely bonkers and leave you thinking WTH!?

I wouldn't attach any significance to the kidnapping matter, it's a technicality. At the time there was no direct evidence that Samantha was dead. It seems clear now that she was killed at her home, so there was no kidnap or abduction.
She was missing and had reported the threat to a friend, if the police were concerned enough to start investigations early on and had the details of who issued the threat and why ie: money dispute, detaining him for a suspected "kidnapping" makes sense

She was missing and had reported the threat to a friend, if the police were concerned enough to start investigations early on and had the details of who issued the threat and why ie: money dispute, detaining him for a suspected "kidnapping" makes sense
Yes, it's not uncommon in this kind of case when they want to question a suspect but don't know for sure what's happened to the missing person. I don't think it's anything to do with money though.

Yes, it's not uncommon in this kind of case when they want to question a suspect but don't know for sure what's happened to the missing person. I don't think it's anything to do with money though.
So wouldn't the police have detained him over the suspected abduction? The police rarely usually use the term "kidnapped" which was what jumped out at me.

So wouldn't the police have detained him over the suspected abduction? The police rarely usually use the term "kidnapped" which was what jumped out at me.

I've seen the term used where the victim wasn't even taken anywhere. Like I said, it's a technicality. The police clearly had certain leads and information in this case and had reasons for their actions.

Samantha Eastwood's devastated ex-fiance and family lay flowers for tragic midwife

"John Peake and Gemma Eastwood stayed at the Greenside Avenue, Stoke-on-Trent property for around 10 minutes this afternoon"

"SAMANTHA Eastwood's devastated ex-fiancee and grieving loved ones returned to her home this afternoon to lay a floral tribute.

John Peake and Gemma Eastwood were accompanied by police liaison officers in unmarked cars at Greenside Avenue, Stoke-on-Trent, at around 4.40pm."

I've seen the term used where the victim wasn't even taken anywhere. Like I said, it's a technicality. The police clearly had certain leads and information in this case and had reasons for their actions.
I'm aware that the police would have used the term as a technicality as all they had at that point was a missing person and the reported threat made to SE but usualy in these circumstances, the police will arrest a person for the suspected "abduction of" or for being involved in "the disappearance of" but rarely if ever in these circumstanes do they use the term kidnapping.

What if SE was having an affair with MS? She ended her relationship with her boyfriend and cancelled the wedding plans so that the two could be together. By selling the wedding dress it was the sign to move on to the next stage in their relationship. She had kept her side of the bargain and then it came to his turn to end everything and maybe, just maybe, this wasn't what he wanted. He didn't want to break his marriage up. She was then angry and was threatening to spill the beans. He threatened her to keep quiet but she wouldn't and was probably threatening to tell his wife of the situation. He then planned to scare her a bit to ensure she kept schtum. They probably met up at SE's house to discuss the situation which would have got heated. He probably tried to restrain her and this is where the scream was heard. If the death happened here then he may have the situation of a death that had not been planned. Could it be that it was here that she'd decided to take an overdose? Is this why it is taking longer to find the cause of death?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back