Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In cases of manual strangulation, the hyoid bone is almost always fractured and is a giveaway for the cause of death. Manual strangulation also usually means there's a personal relationship between killer and victim, ie it's not a method typically used by a stranger such as a burglar.

Since they are getting experts to examine her neck the hyoid was probably not broken? Maybe he suffocated her with tape on nose and mouth?

Still wondering if he had scratches.

Re premeditation.
This has come up in other cases and we should bear in mind that "premeditated" does not necessarily mean "pre-planned". An offence doesn't need to have been planned for any length of time to be premeditated. It means that there was clear intent at the time.

Yes that was my point. I think strangulation or suffocation should show intent right? Because it takes time ...

This latest info is awful. She could of possibly still been alive when transported hence the masking tape. wrapping her in a duvet cover would be enough to cover her face I would imagine if he couldn't face looking at her.

I agree, the duvet would have covered her face, so the tape was used for another reason I think -

I think it's sounds more like it wasn't premeditated, which I believe too.
The timing of the family holiday is interesting though. It would provide a good alibi for when SE was eventually found.
Perhaps the quarry was meant to be a temporary dumping ground and MS planned to relocate or conceal SE more efficiently at a later point and didn't expect the level of police attention he received so soon after the event. Nor did MS anticipate SE sharing her concerns with selective colleagues, close friends and family. But that's what women do.

Since they are getting experts to examine her neck the hyoid was probably not broken? Maybe suffocated her with tape on nose and mouth?

I suppose it's possible that the bone could have been damaged but not completely fractured.

Yes that was my point. I think strangulation or suffocation should show intent right? Because it takes time ...

Yes and no. It is possible to kill someone in seconds, without intending to if the vagal nerve in the neck is compressed. Nevertheless, grabbing someone by the neck is not something one does by accident.

http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/viewFile/1965/1907

Tape over her eyes does seem like a kidnapping of sorts.

Or maybe her eyes wouldn't stay shut so he taped them over so she didn't seem to be looking at him.

Peter Sutcliffe stabbed Jackie Hill through at least one of her eyes with a screwdriver as she died with them open and he thought she was looking at him accusingly.

In itself masking tape isn't all that sticky compared to something like parcel tape but it would certainly "stay" if it was wrapped right round the head.

I agree masking tape isn't the strongest tape but if it was wrapped around a few times and you didn't have your hands free it would be hard to remove.

Maybe the police found masking tape and why they arrested on kidnap.

I live close to this area and on the Saturday afternoon less than 24hrs of SE reported missing I drove down a country lane near to baddeley green and saw a black Mercedes parked in a layby and a man stood outside it on a phone. This is a route you could take caverswall. I can't help but think it was the police hoping MS would lead them to SE.

Just having a read up on guilty pleas.
As far as I can see, the accused cannot enter a plea until they are asked to do so. And, it seems that the first time the accused is asked is at the PTPH ( pre trial preparation hearing ) which in this case will be October.
A guilty plea at that point will allow a reduction in sentence of possibly one third.

JMO but I dont see this defendant pleading guilty at any stage.
I agree, though he could perhaps have had 'an intention to plead guilty' in today?

Maybe it was a sort of opportunistic/premeditated murder. Maybe he has committed murder in the past and he’s not been caught for it. Far fetched I know and I’m more inclined to think what others have suggested, that they were involved somehow and she was threatening to tell his wife. To take the time to cover her eyes though is cold and calculating, not someone in a panick.

I agree, it seems they had a relationship or at least he thought they did. Strangling does seem emotionally involved. I would also like to say that not everyone that has an affair meets the stereotype people might have of someone extrovert, rash, voracious or whatever. Something small could have happened between them in an intense or drunken moment, It could be that he wanted to take it further and she didn't.
I agree, I just don't see SE going into an affair in this case. I do see MS maybe developing an obsession, and taking rejection badly! moo

Maybe it was a sort of opportunistic/premeditated murder. Maybe he has committed murder in the past and he’s not been caught for it. Far fetched I know and I’m more inclined to think what others have suggested, that they were involved somehow and she was threatening to tell his wife. To take the time to cover her eyes though is cold and calculating, not someone in a panick.
I doubt he has killed before. He left too many clues pointing to himself. it sounds like MS or SE phones give a good indication of the background between the two or tracked to caverswall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back